Any good literature on general diet/training for bodybuilding?

JoeySon

JoeySon

Banned
Awards
Basically looking for some suggestions on some good books. Love to read so was trying to get my hands on some good hard facts.

Thanks guys

Hardedge

Awards
I have "Serious Strength training" by Tudor O. Bompei, M. DiPasquale and Lorenzo Cornacchia. It's got a lot of great info, it shows proper exercise form for some free weight exercises plus machines. talks a bit about effectiveness of certain supplements and a lot on bulking/cutting/pre-contest phases and such ( though I'm not a pro bodybuilder by any means). Diet is not so general, it focuses on M. DiPasquale's Anabolic/metabolic diet, which I have personally run with success. ( I run modified lean gains/carb back loading for last few months). other than that it's pretty halfway decent. It has laid out programs depending on if you train for hypertrophy, strength or both. good I'd say for intermediate trainees.

For exercise form, I'd recommend anything by Rippetoe and I personally like Strength training anatomy by Delavier for showing muscle groups worked.

JoeySon

JoeySon

Banned
Awards
Would of thought there's be more opinions on this, apparently nobody reads anymore? Lol

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
There are going to be very few "hard facts" out there when it comes to nutrition and training as there are thousands of philosophies.

JoeySon

JoeySon

Banned
Awards
There are going to be very few "hard facts" out there when it comes to nutrition and training as there are thousands of philosophies.
Yeah I suppose I chose the wrong words. I was looking for books people suggested

PROness

Awards
Charles Poliquin

Bill Starr

Rip

And if you're in an adventurous mood Rob Wolff has a whole book about Paleo backed by research.