Is it ok to workout 6 days a week?

Cokeboyz

Awards
If I do chest/tris/shoulders on Monday & Thursday, Back/Bis on Tuesday & Friday & Legs/abs on Wednesday & Saturday, would that be overtraining?

asooneyeonig

asooneyeonig

Awards
someone used this recently and man does it apply here. you just asked which of 2 chicks are hotter without providing a picture or near any details. in other words, how can we know?

you have to consider someones work capacity and ability to recover. the bulgarian method has people doing 10-12 workouts a week. yes, that is several days of 2 a days. some plans have 1 person doing 3 or 4 workouts a week. both have been around for enough decades to have enough evidence to show that some will overtrain and some wont. it is much easier to say you might under recover. and even then we can only say that if you dont eat enough or sleep enough.

here are some symptoms of overtraining:

• Washed-out feeling, tired, drained, lack of energy
  • Mild leg soreness, general aches and pains
  • Pain in muscles and joints
  • Sudden drop in performance
  • Insomnia
  • Headaches
  • Decreased immunity (increased number of colds, and sore throats)
  • Decrease in training capacity / intensity
  • Moodiness and irritability
  • Depression
  • Loss of enthusiasm for the sport
  • Decreased appetite
  • Increased incidence of injuries.
  • A compulsive need to exercise

also keep in mind that overtraining, as it is by definition not what people think it is, takes months to years for some to take effect. it can also take months to fully overcome the negative side effects.

here is another tidbit, you may overtrain on this workout. but do the same thing in 2 years after exercising consistently and i bet you wont.

so to help us answer you:
-what is your intensity like? for example percentages, do you stay in the 60% or 90% range and for what movements/lifts
-what is your weekly load like?
-what is your volume, or total sets per movement/lift?
-how well do you sleep at night and how long?
-how much food do you eat?
-how long have you been working out consistently?

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
If I do chest/tris/shoulders on Monday & Thursday, Back/Bis on Tuesday & Friday & Legs/abs on Wednesday & Saturday, would that be overtraining?
Yeah, you leave a lot to the imagination. If you went to failure both days, and its your first month of training, then yes perhaps.

If I asked the question; I do chest everyday, am I overtraining? the common response and rightly so would be yes. But what if I was just doing 5 pushups per day over 7 days? Then no.

The more details=the more detailed the response

GroverDrez

Awards
Looks like you caught the work out addiction bug. I usually train 6 days a week because I just love being in the gym. Make sure you are not maxing out on a certain body part no more than 1 time every few weeks. If you are gonna train 6 days a week make sure:
-you are getting proper rest each night
-you are taking in a ton of good calories
-make sure you are taking in a ton of whey and casein throughout the day and night
- stretch a lot to prevent injury
-get in cardio a couple times a week to keep you loose
-make sure you are taking your ZMAs and glutamine after workouts
-wake up drink BCAAs, drink BCAAS during your workout, drink them after
-I would also take a testosterone booster to keep your muscles anabolic

wrathchild281

Awards
i think ur setup looks good it more comes down to the duration of your workouts and if your getting enough recovery