Zombie Apocalypse Training Program

TruthWalker

TruthWalker

Awards
  • Established
What type of training program do you think would best prepare someone for surviving the zombie apocalypse?

zombie-apocalypse-zombie-babe-rifle-demotivational-poster-1265519784.jpg

No, really.

Celorza

Celorza

Awards
Not sure if serious...

TruthWalker

TruthWalker

Awards
  • Established
No, I am serious. It doesnt have to be a zombie apocalypse; any kind of endgame scenario will do. Would something like crossfit be beneficial, or a mix of weightlifting/HIIT? Parkour? I don't really know what physical aspects current survival training incorporates, if any.

I am not a believer that the end of the world is happening - I am just wondering what kind of training everyone thinks would best prepare someone to survive in a post-apocalyptic world.

Last edited:
Celorza

Celorza

Awards
No, I am serious. It doesnt have to be a zombie apocalypse; any kind of endgame scenario will do. Would something like crossfit be beneficial, or a mix of weightlifting/HIIT? Parkour? I don't really know what physical aspects current survival training incorporates, if any.

I am not a believer that the end of the world is happening - I am just wondering what kind of training everyone thinks would best prepare someone to survive in a post-apocalyptic world.
If you want to be a meal then Train CrossFit or the bad idea of MMA+CrossFit. I would say stick to training MMA , if you don't have any fighting experience, first get some basics in , Karate, Kick Boxing , Boxing and Brazilian Jiu Jitzu

TruthWalker

TruthWalker

Awards
  • Established
Cool, thank you for responding, for whatever reason I didn't even think of that kind of training, but it definitely makes the most sense.

Celorza

Celorza

Awards
Plyometrics might be extremely useful too.

MightyBeast

MightyBeast

Awards
Cardio and learn to use a gun and buy I big gun if its a zombie apocalypse.

Bolanrox

Bolanrox

Awards
cardio - and plenty of body weight work - pullups pushup, crunches.

gun and range time would be good. Something easy to handle, reliable - nice mag capacity would be good, standard caliber that you could easily scrounge ammo, or get extra mags / replacement parts for. Revolver for backup... for a rifle something semi auto i would think. bolt action for a defensible postion. :)

ZiR RED

ZiR RED

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Needs analysis:

Endurance - traveling over great distances to secure resources
Speed - break away speed to outrun zombies
Agility - ability to avoid attackers
High Velocity Power output - jumping, pulling yourself up onto things, etc.
Mobility and efficiency - injuries will likely equal your extinction

Anything else I am missing? Probably the ability to perform in various environments.

From there you can design a workout.

Personally, if some thing like that happens, I am escaping into the forests and living my dream or being a hunter-gatherer.

Br

CorpKiller

CorpKiller

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Be able to run, swim and climb very well.

toddgranit

toddgranit

Awards
Any program that allows you to distinguish fantasy from reality?
Peace

TruthWalker

TruthWalker

Awards
  • Established
Needs analysis:

Anything else I am missing? Probably the ability to perform in various environments.

Personally, if some thing like that happens, I am escaping into the forests and living my dream or being a hunter-gatherer.

Br
I think that pretty much covers it. I think the fighting style training would be pretty beneficial...and maybe some weapons training with swords/bows? Ammo would run out eventually.

Any program that allows you to distinguish fantasy from reality?
Peace
Anything is possible...there are millions of zombies out there already. But instead of brains they eat junk food. Besides, it never hurts to be prepared...I'd rather be wrong than be lunch.

asooneyeonig

asooneyeonig

Awards
join special ops in any branch. that should cover the bases.

N.Woods Giant

N.Woods Giant

Awards
  • Established
I had to sub this thread because of the title.

*see my avatar

boogyman

Awards
Ironman training. Being able to hike and swim long distances would be very usful in any apocalyptic scenerio. I think a peron running from a zombie horde would last a lot longer than one fighting it. Even a person thats an expert in hand to hand combat would be done after one bite.

rw357

Awards
There is a big difference between normal cardio and the work required for something like this. It is one thing to be able to run fast or jog for a long time vs being able to move quickly and sustained with a 40-50lb pack on you back.

If you really wanted to do this, sprint, pull up, push up, jump, jog, and walk long distances etc with a 40-50lb vest.

Also, go to a local gym and learn wrestling. That is one of the best workouts for natural body strength and stamina ratios there is.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Better idea, go to russia; become astronaut, leave earth when zombies attack, fly until you find aliens, learn how to fight martian style come back and own the zombies.

purebred

Needs analysis:

Br
Sounds like foam rolling, mobility drills, calisthenics w/progressive resistance/weight training! I may be ahead of the game from the looks of it! :)

Cary K

Cary K

Awards
Better idea, go to russia; become astronaut, leave earth when zombies attack, fly until you find aliens, learn how to fight martian style come back and own the zombies.
I like your idea !!

thehulk0316

thehulk0316

Awards
So I'll weigh in considering I love this subject and work right now is pretty boring. Right away im saying stay the hell away from MMA style combat. Im not saying you shouldnt know some form of hand-to-hand combat but zombie killing is a distance game. The hand to hand combat stuff will only come useful for fending off the living not the dead. You dont want to be caught trying to ****ing grapple a zombie, NO BUENO! Id invest some time in interval trainning a-la football combine style stuff. Agility and climbing as well as swimming drills are big time. Free-running (parkour) comes to mind, sounds stupid but the zombie game is not about winning or killing all the zombies...its about survival. Be a Gump and run your ass off. As far as weapons are concerned any and all that keeps distance from you and the enemy. Firearms, archery, tomahawk throwing, javelin, shot-put and my two faves but also scary close: Chainsaw (safe!!!) use, and bat swinging...while we are getting crazy...slap some big ass nails on that bat for good measure. We want maximum puncture ability. As far as clothes, riding leathers and military boots are probably the easiest ones to get. Riot gear works well but can sacrifice mobility for protection. Id want mobility over protection, personally. Lets keep this going...im thoroughly entertained. Also...dont hate on this thread, if you dont have anything useful to say, remember what mama said, "dont ****ing say it"

LizKing531

LizKing531

Awards
Blades Don't Need Reloading

*Max Brooks - Zombie Invasion Survival Guide

thehulk0316

thehulk0316

Awards
Blades Don't Need Reloading

*Max Brooks - Zombie Invasion Survival Guide

Id also advise reading ALL of Max Brooks' books to prepare. All walking dead graphic novels and the show of couse, pretty damned awesome. Oh and watch doomsday preppers...if not for education, its pure entertainment what these people put their families through.

LizKing531

LizKing531

Awards
Id also advise reading ALL of Max Brooks' books to prepare. All walking dead graphic novels and the show of couse, pretty damned awesome. Oh and watch doomsday preppers...if not for education, its pure entertainment what these people put their families through.
Some friends have a burning man theme camp based on the book....book on tape going non stop for 72 hrs....LOL

That sounds like an interesting watch...

thehulk0316

thehulk0316

Awards
TruthWalker

TruthWalker

Awards
  • Established
It would probably be good to have some tactical training, i.e. how to safely clear a house, secure a perimeter, set up defenses. Hand to hand combat would be beneficial, but only training that would allow you to quickly disengage your opponent and escape. The key is to survive, not kill all the zombies. You only have to kill the ones in your way.

Also, I think watching Zombieland is a definite prerequisite for post-zombie apocalypse survival.

Nico1

Nico1

Awards
Lol wtf? How bout long endurance runs and heavy presses to push then bastards off! And too run like the wind