what are your options on this video about bench pressing?

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
There's nothing wrong with benching with a wide grip, but you also need to have a big arch and lower the bar in the proper groove.

DerickVonD

DerickVonD

Awards
  • Established
There's nothing wrong with benching with a wide grip, but you also need to have a big arch and lower the bar in the proper groove.
Sorry..proper groove? You mean proper form?

DerickVonD

DerickVonD

Awards
  • Established
No, I meant groove. There is a specific groove that is unique to each person based upon their biomechanics.
can you provide links so I can read more on this?

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
can you provide links so I can read more on this?
Articles about a bench groove? It's something that you have to find by looking at video or having a PL coach look at your technique. There are many factors including arch, arm length, ROM, grip width, etc.

DerickVonD

DerickVonD

Awards
  • Established
Articles about a bench groove? It's something that you have to find by looking at video or having a PL coach look at your technique. There are many factors including arch, arm length, ROM, grip width, etc.
Then I may never know sadly...I workout at home and none of my friends know anything about bodybuilding..and I'm still learning apparently

asooneyeonig

asooneyeonig

Awards
it probably wont help that what rodja was talking about was form a powerlifting perspective and has little if nothing to do with bodybuilding.