Recovery time?

1. Recovery time?

It seems that when I look at all the old school bodybuilders workout routines they worked each body part three times a week. Popular online routines claim that twice a week has potential to overtrain the body. I feel if recovery time for a muscle is 48 to 36 hours then once a week is a waste. Tell me what you guys think I would appreciate it. Thanks.

2. For my natural beginner to intermediate lifters the best frequency seems to be twice a week or 3 times in 2 weeks( using an A/B workout every MWF). volume is usually moderate

3. It really depends on various factors you have to try and see for yourself how your body responds try different splits, even try doing more than 1 workout a day adjust diet, sleep, recovery techniques and supplementation accordingly.

I feel like very high intensity training can be kept for quite a while but you need to manage time off.
    •   

4. there is a direct relationship between intensity, volume, frequency, once work capacity, and recovery abilities. so if you up the frequency you have to lower intensity or volume or increase work capacity and recovery abilities. so ya, you could hit something 3+ times a week and be fine. you just have to make sure all other variables are in check.
    you can call me "ozzie" for short.

5. Depends how long your workOuts our and how fast YOUR body recovers everybody is different

6. Quote Originally Posted by asooneyeonig View Post
    there is a direct relationship between intensity, volume, frequency, once work capacity, and recovery abilities. so if you up the frequency you have to lower intensity or volume or increase work capacity and recovery abilities. so ya, you could hit something 3+ times a week and be fine. you just have to make sure all other variables are in check.
    ^^^ This

Similar Forum Threads

1. can cortisone help speed recovery time?
    By MikeTheMan in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 11-19-2007, 02:15 PM
  2. Workout recovery time
    By EasyEJL in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-30-2007, 12:25 PM
  3. Win-Ztrol and training recovery time
    By wastewater in forum Cycle Info
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-09-2007, 10:14 AM
  4. Recovery time! I will be back