Problem with muscle asymmetry?

Cokeboyz

Awards
Ok my right arm is way bigger than my left arm. With every workout I do I can only feel it in my right arm even if I use perfect form. For example, today I was benching and making sure i kept the bar perfectly straight. After 1 set, my right arm was swole, sore, hard and vascular. Especially in my bicep which benching doesn't work. My left arm felt nothing at all. No pump, no soreness, nothing. I couldn't possibly have better form even if I tried. I feel like its only a matter of time before my right arm is awkwardly bigger than my left. I wanna fix this but Ive been trying for years now and clearly I can't. Any advice on what I should do?

suppsnstuff

suppsnstuff

Awards
Nobody is fully symmetrical, point blank. Maybe your exerting more force with the one arm.. Try doing isolated curls

Cokeboyz

Awards
Tried it and still had the problem. You could be right, but im trying my absolute hardest not to and still having the problem

Cokeboyz

Awards
I guess no one is gonna help me. Wtf come one I need some feed back I can't keep working out if this problem persists whats the point if I can only train one arm

NYiron

NYiron

Awards
  • Established
I guess no one is gonna help me. Wtf come one I need some feed back I can't keep working out if this problem persists whats the point if I can only train one arm
Go to the doctor...

Edit:
Okay today I benched and lowered the weight a little and kept the bar straight with perfect form but still could only feel soreness and pump in my right (bigger) arm...
I dont know if its just me but this post is eerily similar to a thread/post just a couple threads down. Are you guys training together or something? Both of you benched today with goals to lower the weight and keep the bar straight with good form and only felt the right arm, hmmm coincidence? I think not. Go to the doctor if you actually want to figure out whats wrong, just logical right. Have to call the waaaaambulance to get you there I guess.
original.jpg

asooneyeonig

asooneyeonig

Awards
Tried it and still had the problem. You could be right, but im trying my absolute hardest not to and still having the problem
did you try it for like 1 workout or for at least 6 months to try and balance things out. i would say it could take months to fix the issue.

Cokeboyz

Awards
I went to the ortho today and they said that it doesn't really mean anything, which to me makes no sense.

ZiR RED

ZiR RED

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

Give it some rest and do a postural evaluation. Ever been in an accident or suffered a serious injury?

Bodock

Bodock

Awards
  • Established
I have this problem with my entire body. i am right hand dominant but but left side is bigger.

My brother has this problem with his pecs and the doctor told him he was missing a layer of muscle on the one side.

My pecs is the same but not as pronounced as my bro's. My left arm is bigger, as well as my quadracep, and calf even tho I am right handed.
I am stronger with my right but the left is bigger.

I have been thinking of trying to correct it by concentrating on my smaller side more.

PrimiFit

Awards
I would get a second opinion from someone else. It could be a nerve thing. At least, stop doing barbell work for your upper body and use dumbbells. How's your shoulder flexibility? Do you stretch regularly?