will this split get me the results im looking for?

maxx77

Awards
im carring too much body fat, and just straight up sick of it so i changed my diet and im going to start doing cardio alot more. i was thinking about doing this work out split but ive never done one like it. so looking for feedback on this split.

monday, chest; go as hard on chest as i can for 45 min and then do 30 min of cardio.

tuesday, back; go as hard on my back as i can for 45 min and then 30 min of cardio

wendsday, legs for 1 hour, and shoulders for 30 min. no cardio

thursday, triceps for 35 min, cardio for 45 min

friday biceps 35 min, cardio 45 min

sat off

sun off

is it possible for this program to work and keep muscle mass? have any of yall tried something of this nature before?

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
Throw up a little more detail that just "go hard as I can" & I'm sure folks can provide you with some feedback. :)

maxx77

Awards
Lol im used to working out each body part twice a week. So moving to once a week will be a big change. As far as what excercises ill do. They will all be basic like chest ill do bench. Dbincline. Decline. Wide pushups. Flys.

My main concerne is that can i still get gains going one body part per week Along with the cardio. Im sure some have done a split similer to this.

benmayro

benmayro

Awards
  • Established
I would recondmend following a program like 5/3/1 or 5x5, proper dieting( calories and macros recorded) with your cardio, Chances are if you carrying to much fat it is because of your diet not routine

maxx77

Awards
I would recondmend following a program like 5/3/1 or 5x5, proper dieting( calories and macros recorded) with your cardio, Chances are if you carrying to much fat it is because of your diet not routine
its defiantly my diet, but lifting weights for over an hour in half a day made it to where i have NO desire to do cardio, thats why im making this change to one body part a day instead of doing two a day, so with that extra time ill hit the the cardio and not more weights

ZiR RED

ZiR RED

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
It takes a lot less work to maintain muscle mass than it does to stimulate growth. You could maintain muscle mass doing 2-3 full body workouts each week, and spending more time doing conditioning (HIIT) work. Then, with good eating, you'll see some results.

Br