Bored

dillianc

Awards
I'm get too bored with low intensity weight lifting. Do any of you have suggestions on high frequency/volume routines?

Celorza

Celorza

Awards
PHAT by Layne Norton.

benmayro

benmayro

Awards
  • Established
asooneyeonig

asooneyeonig

Awards
high frequency and high volume cannot happen without an extremely low intensity. they are all directly related and if you adjust one the others have to alter appropriately. so what you are asking is probably not what you mean.

you say you are tired of low intensity then ask for a workout that would have to be low intensity to have high on the other variables. so do you want high intensity or not?

and do you want this for what? what are your goals? how long have you been lifting? what are your numbers: squat, deadlift, bench, overhead, clean, snatch, bent rows, etc?

Doss

Doss

Awards
  • Established
As Ozzie said, you can't really have high volume with high intensity (I'm talking training at >85% of your 1RM)

That said, I'd recommend a 5x5 variation or maybe DC. Not knowing anything about you as per training time or stats it's hard to say, but DC is too intense for a lot of beginner and some intermediate lifters. It's the most psychologically challenging program that I've experimented with.

Good luck diving into HIT, though, it's a great way to train.

Doss

Doss

Awards
  • Established
As Ozzie said, you can't really have high volume with high intensity (I'm talking training at >85% of your 1RM)

That said, I'd recommend a 5x5 variation or maybe DC. Not knowing anything about you as per training time or stats it's hard to say, but DC is too intense for a lot of beginner and some intermediate lifters. It's the most psychologically challenging program that I've experimented with.

Good luck diving into HIT, though, it's a great way to train.