abs - a little confusion

1. Registered User
    Stats
    5'6"  147 lbs.
    Answers

abs - a little confusion

I met someone at the gym early this year. He gave me tips on different exercises. For abs though, he told me not to work on it. He told me that I should work on my diet and fats around it will just melt. He told me that if I exercise my abs a lot, it will get bigger(protruding).

What are your thoughts about this?

Thanks!

2. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  230 lbs.
    Answers

Abs are made in the kitchen.
  3. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  198 lbs.
    Answers

diet for abs, I think it's good to lift 4-8sets once a week to keep things tight and have a solid core, but unless you're aiming at competing no real need to train them. They will be there when you cut bodyfat low enough.
    Rejoice not against me, O mine enemy: when I fall, I shall arise; when I sit in darkness, the LORD shall be a light unto me. Micah 7:8
    •   

4. Never enough
    Board Moderator
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Answers

he was basically right although with a couple of caveats. diet is what will have abs show or not show. how thick and heavy they are will depend on how much they are worked. With thicker/heavier ab muscles you will still show abs at 1-2% higher bodyfat, but your overall waistline can end up being an inch or maybe more bigger
    This space for rent

Phenadrol Log http://anabolicminds.com/forum/suppl...-hell-did.html - AMAZING fat loss results so far
  5. Registered User
    Stats
    6'3"  250 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by EasyEJL View Post
    he was basically right although with a couple of caveats. diet is what will have abs show or not show. how thick and heavy they are will depend on how much they are worked. With thicker/heavier ab muscles you will still show abs at 1-2% higher bodyfat, but your overall waistline can end up being an inch or maybe more bigger
    It also depends upon your goal. Training your abs/core is essential for those in strength-specific sports. This is because you need great abdominal strength to maintaining a neutral spine while pulling, squatting, or pressing heavy loads over your head. If you're training for aesthetics, this may not be as essential.

Basically, training your abs can strengthen and bulk the abdominal muscles up. However, whether or not you can see the muscles is dependent on your degree of leanness, which is dependent on your diet.
    Check your form: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/exercise-science/190675-proper-techniques.html
    Log: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/235436-tossing-weight-torobestia.html
  6. Registered User
    Stats
    5'6"  147 lbs.
    Answers

Cool folks! All the things you wrote is the same thing he told me. Abs are made in the kitchen.
  7. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  184 lbs.
    Answers

I do about 6 sets of abs a week. I also do vacuum holds a couple nights a week and have noticed a "trimming" effect from these.
  8. Registered User
    Stats
    5'6"  147 lbs.
    Answers

vacuum? how is it done? do you suck in your stomach for this exercise?
  9. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  184 lbs.
    Answers

Basically. I lie in bed, and suck my stomach toward my spine. Start with 5 second holds and work towards 20 or more. Google it, i am sure you can find a better explanation of how to do them.
  10. Registered User
    Answers

^there was an article about this.try too look back at some articles posted at the news feed before this
  11. Registered User
    Stats
    5'6"  189 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by johnathan1995
    ^there was an article about this.try too look back at some articles posted at the news feed before this
    I think it was last week...
    Olympus labs Rep
    Olympus Labs, a line of products that will turn men into demigods.
    visit us at: olympus-labs.com
  12. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Answers

IF yur going to work everything else, or do any exercise that requires a strong core/spine for proper from then you are potentially putting yourself at risk by not working the core. Of course, many people do not DIRECTY hit their cores with training, but do it through much heavier, indirect training which is also ok.

Do exercises that isolate body parts and not enough compound will mean you need to hit the core directly or risk injury.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Read up about PCT, still a little confused
    By Byard in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-25-2012, 07:56 AM
  2. a little confused by pct's
    By nickvtec1 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 05-24-2011, 12:35 AM
  3. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 07-05-2007, 02:41 PM