Pull overs, do you do them?

nomoredex

nomoredex

Awards
  • Established
I started doing pull overs a couple months back and continued to do so.
No one else in my gym does them, when I do them I feel like everyone is thinking "what is this guy doing, thats not how you do a skull crusher."

Does anyone here do pullovers ?

toddgranit

toddgranit

Awards
Never experimented with BB, I never really noticed much from the DB version. Expect a sore shoulder after a while (probably baseball related tho)
I prefer barbell pull overs rather than dumbbell.
The bar allows for a more comfortable grip, and a more natural plane of movement.
It should eliminate any shoulder pain.
Peace

asooneyeonig

asooneyeonig

Awards
i throw them in once and a while. love the exercise overall.

Torobestia

Torobestia

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I never did them regularly until recently. Find they have great carry-over to the bench, probably because the pull-over mimics locking-in the lats before benching.

BigShadow

BigShadow

Awards
  • Established
I go through spurts where I'll do them. You talking DB pull overs for pec minor?
Was unaware that db pullovers work your pecs minor or major! I guess maybe if you do them incorrectly they would hit that muscle, but correct me if I'm wrong but db pullovers are used for stretching your lats? It's not a pec or shoulder exercise if done properly. Arnold even did them cause he thought he could expand his rib cage! Check out Dorian Yates blood and guts back workout. Proper form is keeping your hips low and back/lats level and don't arch your back. Long explanation sorry to answer your question yes I do heavy db pullovers. Use to be able to go as heavy as 125lb db's. Not anymore!

Torobestia

Torobestia

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Distilled Water

Distilled Water

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Haha just responded to your post. Yeah he loves that machine even now. He does train guys with db though to hit lats as well.
Yeah I think we responded at the same time, I just saw your post haha.

It hits your pec minor, one of the only exercises that does actually. pec minor and lats are the two major muscles it targets (DB pull overs)

wrathchild281

Awards
yep can be used for chest believe it or not or back just depends how far you bring it over. Do you use a db or a ez bar? and try it on a decline bench.

grandroid828

Awards
yep can be used for chest believe it or not or back just depends how far you bring it over. Do you use a db or a ez bar? and try it on a decline bench.
It hits your serratus anterior but also can hit the tie ins of the lats if done with a FULL range of motion. Flex lewis is a huge advocate of this.

Luke_PNI

Luke_PNI

Awards
Pull overs are great after your compound movements such as bench press. You get a great stretch in the pecs as well as your lats. I think its a great exercise to show in. I do them myself.

Jawbreaker24

Jawbreaker24

Awards
They isolate the Lats without bicep involvement, the squat for the upper body.

"Victory is Reserved for those willing to pay its price"

~Unknown~

Oscar

Oscar

Awards
  • Established
every once in a while, I also do a variation where u start out doing a fly then at the to go back into a pullover

02sixxer

02sixxer

Awards
Absolutely do them. They give that nice chiseled rib cage. I do them twice a week to condition my serratus.

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Dorian swore by the natulis machine for pull overs.( for lats)
this is what i use...but i don't use it all that often...the one at my gym the seat is really high so i can't plant my feet and someone broke the belt so i don't feel i use it to it's full potential

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Training Forum 14
the_swol_god Training Forum 14
Training Forum 3
Santee Training Forum 12
Condition1 Training Forum 7