CAN I MAKE WEIGHTS HEAVIER?

AmazingAJ

Awards
My gym has rubber weights that only go up by 10lbs. I hear of magnets but they are expensive and also since weights are rubber idk if they will stick? Can i tape something to it? Any advice?

toddgranit

toddgranit

Awards
My gym has rubber weights that only go up by 10lbs. I hear of magnets but they are expensive and also since weights are rubber idk if they will stick? Can i tape something to it? Any advice?
What kind of gym only has weights up to 10 pounds?
Sounds like you need to find a new gym.
Peace

AmazingAJ

Awards
No the preloaded barbellls go from like 40..50....60 ect. Any advice?

boogyman

Awards
Aside from the preloaded bars, there are no free weights? not to be condescending, but that sounds like my wifes gym, find another.

AmazingAJ

Awards
There are olympic bars and dumbells. Im mainly concerned about barbell curls

Aznmonk

Aznmonk

Awards
Free weight Training> Machines and rubber weights Go Heavy or Go home

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Have someone sit on the bar while you curl it.

Danimozz

Danimozz

Awards
There are olympic bars and dumbells. Im mainly concerned about barbell curls
Your mainly concerned about barbell curls?? Are you trolling? Is this a joke? Bench, squat, deadlift. Those 3 lifts by themselves will make you and your arms huge.

Danimozz

Danimozz

Awards
Your mainly concerned about barbell curls?? Are you trolling? Is this a joke? Bench, squat, deadlift. Those 3 lifts by themselves will make you and your arms huge.
Along with proper diet.

Danimozz

Danimozz

Awards
And if you think I'm BSing you I'll tell you this... I used to do tons of barbell curls and other stuff like flyes and leg extensions and stuff and I gained next to no strength or muscle. When I started doing the big 3 however my strength and size skyrocketed. And I guarantee everyone on this forum would back me up on that

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
And if you think I'm BSing you I'll tell you this... I used to do tons of barbell curls and other stuff like flyes and leg extensions and stuff and I gained next to no strength or muscle. When I started doing the big 3 however my strength and size skyrocketed. And I guarantee everyone on this forum would back me up on that
Except for trapp mann!

soul0wner

soul0wner

Awards
  • Established
Amen brother

Callejul

Awards
I like the big two..... Clean & Jerk and Snatch ( + variants of these )

rw357

Awards
I got my first every noticeable stretch marks and these were in my arms. This is after 15 years of on and off working out and being able to squat 455x6 at 170lbs (I couldn't hit 170bls now for million dollars). I got them when I stopped doing arm exercises. I came to a point where I couldn't fit arm exercises into my main workout and I just stopped. I actually got stronger arms by not doing arms and just doing more serious compound movements.

The only caveat I would add to the big three is that you have to do a pig pull. At least for me, with my genetic predisposition and work life, I need to do more upper back than chest/ant delts. I bet a good percentage of the population is that. I don't think I will ever stop doing bent over barbell rows, I consider them as important as squat for me.

boogyman

Awards
I got my first every noticeable stretch marks and these were in my arms. This is after 15 years of on and off working out and being able to squat 455x6 at 170lbs (I couldn't hit 170bls now for million dollars). I got them when I stopped doing arm exercises. I came to a point where I couldn't fit arm exercises into my main workout and I just stopped. I actually got stronger arms by not doing arms and just doing more serious compound movements.

The only caveat I would add to the big three is that you have to do a pig pull. At least for me, with my genetic predisposition and work life, I need to do more upper back than chest/ant delts. I bet a good percentage of the population is that. I don't think I will ever stop doing bent over barbell rows, I consider them as important as squat for me.
Regardless of my routine, I always have a Row of some type, be it barbell, dumbbell, whatever. I also always have some type of pullup, and another minor low weight high rep pull (been using face pulls with the tricep rope for a while now, I feel a great mind/muscle connection with rear delts with these).