Check Out my split routine

python93

python93

Awards
Hey guys so I've been sticking to a split routine for a while and was wondering if you think I should change it.
For example some people tell me that I shouldn't workout chest with tri's on the same day and back and bi's on the same day as well.
This is what I've been doing so please tell me if I should make any changes and why.
Appreciate it.
Monday: Legs & Calves
Tuesday:Back & Biceps
Wednesday: Rest (Light Cardio at night)
Thursday: Chest & Triceps
Friday: Shoulders & Abs
Saturday: Cardio
Sunday: Rest
Thanks!

johnathan1995

johnathan1995

Awards
Hey guys so I've been sticking to a split routine for a while and was wondering if you think I should change it.
For example some people tell me that I shouldn't workout chest with tri's on the same day and back and bi's on the same day as well.
This is what I've been doing so please tell me if I should make any changes and why.
Appreciate it.
Monday: Legs & Calves
Tuesday:Back & Biceps
Wednesday: Rest (Light Cardio at night)
Thursday: Chest & Triceps
Friday: Shoulders & Abs
Saturday: Cardio
Sunday: Rest
Thanks!
The only thing you should change is the day you're doing your shoulders right after the day you did you're chest.when you're working your chest you're actually putting your shoulders into a lot of work as well so you're basically training your shoulders especially if you include lots of pressing movements.I recommend spacing them at least a day or its better if two days in between.it would be better if you can do this.and it's fine to pair chest and triceps and back and biceps.
Monday:legs & calves
Tuesday:chest & triceps
Wed:light cardio
Thursday:back and biceps
Friday:shoulders and abs
:)

asooneyeonig

asooneyeonig

Awards
why not do chest and tris the same day or back bis the same day?

python93

python93

Awards
because they say that I'm over training my tri's when I do those two.
And I'm over trainiing my bi's as well

jewgold

jewgold

Awards
  • Established
doing what your doing is fine except for doing shoulders after chest day

you should try doing an dedicated arm day for tri and bi on their own and see if you like that better

python93

python93

Awards
doing what your doing is fine except for doing shoulders after chest day

you should try doing an dedicated arm day for tri and bi on their own and see if you like that better
Yeah I've been thinking about doing arms (bi's and tri's together )
Does that mean that I would do back and chest together? Because they are both major muscle groups

NYiron

NYiron

Awards
  • Established
Some people I asked at the gym a while back.
What's your opinion?/
I think your fine with what you were doing as long as you were seeing results. Doing chest and triceps or back and biceps paired up wont result in overtraining.

Two links on overtraining I shared earlier in a GVT thread. Figured you may find them interesting.

http://www.trainingdimensions.net/BPWC_Resource/WC_Resource_Documents/Fitness_elements/super_accumulation.pdf

http://www.biolayne.com/uncategorized/biolayne-video-log-3-overtraining/

Edit: I would also have to agree with the shoulders after chest topic already touched upon.

python93

python93

Awards
I think your fine with what you were doing as long as you were seeing results. Doing chest and triceps or back and biceps paired up wont result in overtraining.

Two links on overtraining I shared earlier in a GVT thread. Figured you may find them interesting.

http://www.trainingdimensions.net/BPWC_Resource/WC_Resource_Documents/Fitness_elements/super_accumulation.pdf

http://www.biolayne.com/uncategorized/biolayne-video-log-3-overtraining/

Edit: I would also have to agree with the shoulders after chest topic already touched upon.
The first article sounds really interesting.
Have you tried it?

asooneyeonig

asooneyeonig

Awards
because they say that I'm over training my tri's when I do those two.
And I'm over trainiing my bi's as well
depends. do you need that many sets, load, intensity for those parts? are all those sets progressing you to your goals? are you recovering and becoming better?

if so, then you are not overtraining, or least the type of overtraining that most people think of. and by that i mean overtraining is not what most people think. it is usually too much work for what they need or underrecovering and nothing anywhere near overtraining.

python93

python93

Awards
depends. do you need that many sets, load, intensity for those parts? are all those sets progressing you to your goals? are you recovering and becoming better?

if so, then you are not overtraining, or least the type of overtraining that most people think of. and by that i mean overtraining is not what most people think. it is usually too much work for what they need or underrecovering and nothing anywhere near overtraining.
I usually do 4 exercises for each body part and aim at 4 sets with 8-12 reps. I usually carry the most that I can. I'm trying to train for size
But I have seen progress. When Is started I could only bench press 45 dumbbells but now I can do 70 pound dumbbells for at least 10 reps.
I see that I have gained strength but I wish I gained more size

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I usually do 4 exercises for each body part and aim at 4 sets with 8-12 reps. I usually carry the most that I can. I'm trying to train for size
But I have seen progress. When Is started I could only bench press 45 dumbbells but now I can do 70 pound dumbbells for at least 10 reps.
I see that I have gained strength but I wish I gained more size
Patience and food. Even if you don't gain a single pound on the scale over the next year, the muscle will continue to mature and will have a different look.

NYiron

NYiron

Awards
  • Established
Patience and food. Even if you don't gain a single pound on the scale over the next year, the muscle will continue to mature and will have a different look.
^ Couldn't have said it better right here.

python93

python93

Awards
Thanks man.
Yeah, I'm eating every 3 hours approx. so now I just need to have patience
Does my routine look OK?

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Thanks man.
Yeah, I'm eating every 3 hours approx. so now I just need to have patience
Does my routine look OK?
Muscles does not constitute a routine. Reps, sets, volume, cadence, overload, etc. constitutes a routine.