Triathalon vs. Hdrol Opinions?

1. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  173 lbs.

Triathalon vs. Hdrol Opinions?

5' 9"
    180lbs
    22 years old

I'm looking to complete my first tri near the end of this year. I'm also putting together my frist Hdrol cycle. What do you guys think I should do first? I'm leaning towards cycling first, then after my PCT moving to train for the tri while I cut. But it also wouldn't hurt to train for the tri to cut down before I use Hdrol. This is me currently. Opinions?

Name:  me.jpg
Views: 454
Size:  87.8 KB

2. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  150 lbs.

As i understand it, Halodrol gains wont last. You'll have to almost constantly cycle it to "stay big". Its attractive because of its minimal side effects, but with low risk comes low reward.

Have you cycled before? What are you looking to gain from cycling?
    You are your own maker. Train dirty.
  3. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  173 lbs.

I've heard of guys putting on anywhere from 8-20 lbs with a 6 week cycle and typically keeping 50-70 % of it with the right diet and PCT.

I'm not so much concerned with will I keep my gains or not. That will depend mostly on my training and diet.

I hope to be 190 @10-12% bf by May of 2013.

I'm just curious as to what you guys would do because I'm on the fence.

Tri first to cut down before hdrol?

OR

Hdrol first then use the tri training to help me strip fat?

Also, this is a casual fun tri with friends. I'm not looking to get first place or be a skinny ass that can run for miles.
    •   

4. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  215 lbs.

Opposite way around.

First, you'll likely end up dropping a decent amount of weight and some muscle training for the triathlon (IF it is a full tri), which isn't a bad thing because you'll perform better and put less impact on the body during the run.

In any case, afterwards (if you decide to stop training for that or really reduce aerobic cardio) you'll gain muscle back quickly. More than likely, after the "muscle-memory" gains you'll be the same size, if not bigger, but also leaner. Then you can consider whether you want/need to use a hormone or not.

Its also probably worth mentioning that Turinabol (the hormone hdrol is converted into) has been reported to reduce aerobic capacity.

Br
  5. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  173 lbs.

ZiR good point I didn't think about more weight=more wear during the tri. It's a .5 mile swim/20 mile bike/5k so it shouldn't be too bad. I'm really anxious to get this cycle going but now I'm thinking it would be better to do the tri first. I've already got the stuff for the cycle, so after I recover from the tri I can start it. With me being leaner I'm sure it'll be easier to see results as well.

Any other opinions?
  6. Registered User
    Stats
    6'3"  180 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by steel_addict
    ZiR good point I didn't think about more weight=more wear during the tri. It's a .5 mile swim/20 mile bike/5k so it shouldn't be too bad. I'm really anxious to get this cycle going but now I'm thinking it would be better to do the tri first. I've already got the stuff for the cycle, so after I recover from the tri I can start it. With me being leaner I'm sure it'll be easier to see results as well.

Any other opinions?
    To add in my two cents--first off, a sprint tri is a good way to break in: very manageable.
    As for the Hdrol, another factor to consider is that Hdrol can (in my experience DOES) lead to cramping. This can definitely hamper training.
  7. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  185 lbs.

I've heard of guys putting on anywhere from 8-20 lbs with a 6 week cycle and typically keeping 50-70 % of it with the right diet and PCT.

I'm not so much concerned with will I keep my gains or not. That will depend mostly on my training and diet.

I hope to be 190 @10-12% bf by May of 2013.

I'm just curious as to what you guys would do because I'm on the fence.

Tri first to cut down before hdrol?

OR

Hdrol first then use the tri training to help me strip fat?

Also, this is a casual fun tri with friends. I'm not looking to get first place or be a skinny ass that can run for miles.
    If you do not care for keeping the gains then why use the drug? Hdrol can also lend help on a cut but you are going to cut after you stop the cycle?
    ---The destruction of my enemies is to make them my friends---
  8. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  173 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by scherbs View Post
    To add in my two cents--first off, a sprint tri is a good way to break in: very manageable.
    As for the Hdrol, another factor to consider is that Hdrol can (in my experience DOES) lead to cramping. This can definitely hamper training.
    Thanks for the input. I'm pretty pumped about completing my first even if it is a short one. I'm aware of the back pumps associated with Hdrol so I have taurine on hand. Are you talking about general muscle cramps?

Quote Originally Posted by hardknock View Post
    If you do not care for keeping the gains then why use the drug? Hdrol can also lend help on a cut but you are going to cut after you stop the cycle?
    Sorry for the misunderstanding. I DEFINITELY want to keep my gains. I was trying to say that I wasn't concerned with discussing how to keep them on here because I know my diet and training during PCT and beyond will be the main decider of that.

As of now I'm not planning to cut after. That may change depending on how much bf I gain while on. I have a feeling once I finish I'm going to want MORE!
  9. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  208 lbs.

Just a thought: i just touched on this idea in another thread. Could you cut first and use the triathlon training as a priming phase before your bulk? You may not put on as much fat and get good gains. Read up on priming and see what you think.

Essentially the theory is that in going from the caloric deficit (say six weeks long) to the caloric surplus your body will use the food to bulk better.
    ~Get shredded or die trying! The alphamine chapter~
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/213632-get-shredded-die.html
  10. Registered User
    Stats
    6'3"  180 lbs.

Thanks for the input. I'm pretty pumped about completing my first even if it is a short one. I'm aware of the back pumps associated with Hdrol so I have taurine on hand. Are you talking about general muscle cramps?

Sorry for the misunderstanding. I DEFINITELY want to keep my gains. I was trying to say that I wasn't concerned with discussing how to keep them on here because I know my diet and training during PCT and beyond will be the main decider of that.

As of now I'm not planning to cut after. That may change depending on how much bf I gain while on. I have a feeling once I finish I'm going to want MORE!
    I never really noticed back pumps- I would just get cramping in my hamstrings: and I never cramp normally.
  11. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  173 lbs.

I'd guess they be worse on heavy deadlift days. Thanks for the help guys I'll be doing the tri first then start the cycle after.
  12. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  150 lbs.

Make sure you fo a log! Im intetested in seeing the results.
    You are your own maker. Train dirty.
  13. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  173 lbs.

Will do kedome!
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Timing of Cycle Assist vs HDrol
    By ar550n1c in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-15-2011, 10:58 PM
  2. epi vs hdrol
    By rob88 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 05-24-2010, 08:33 PM
  3. The one vs hdrol
    By cword3 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-23-2010, 04:49 PM
  4. 2 week low dose Sdrol followed by Hdrol...opinions?
    By sundevil04 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-29-2008, 07:44 AM
  5. Alien Vs Predator Opinions...
    By BigVrunga in forum General Chat
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 08-22-2004, 02:36 PM