Getting very low body fat

Danimozz

Danimozz

Awards
So for wrestling this year I wanna wrestle 160 and I'm going to wrestle 160. I weigh 172 right now. How can I go about cutting lots Of weight to get extremely low bf %. I have 4 months to cut and don't wanna do it all at once. How can I go about getting into the low bf range. I'd estimate I'm currently at 12-15%

uvawahoowa

Awards
So for wrestling this year I wanna wrestle 160 and I'm going to wrestle 160. I weigh 172 right now. How can I go about cutting lots Of weight to get extremely low bf %. I have 4 months to cut and don't wanna do it all at once. How can I go about getting into the low bf range. I'd estimate I'm currently at 12-15%
If you want to wrestle 160 you would be better off just dropping water weight the day of weigh ons rather than dropping bodyfat now. You can easily drop 7-10 pounds the day of, which leaves 2-5 pounds of fat you should drop now.

If you are in need of putting on muscle that is a different story, but most who weigh in at 160 will weigh around 170 when they actually wrestle

murk01

murk01

Awards
If you want to wrestle 160 you would be better off just dropping water weight the day of weigh ons rather than dropping bodyfat now. You can easily drop 7-10 pounds the day of, which leaves 2-5 pounds of fat you should drop now.

If you are in need of putting on muscle that is a different story, but most who weigh in at 160 will weigh around 170 when they actually wrestle
What's the fasts way to drop water weight, dietetics? Or sweat it out? How would u do it

Docmattic

Docmattic

Awards
  • Established
Water weight wise there are numerous ways (im not an expert) but, Id say you couldn't go wrong with a few dry-sauna sessions. Dont over do it though

uvawahoowa

Awards
What's the fasts way to drop water weight, dietetics? Or sweat it out? How would u do it
Sweat it out. Don't do diuretics, it could affect performance during your match. Get a sweat suit and start doing cardio a good 6-8 hrs before weigh ins. Look up online there is lots of info.

To test things out do 45 mins of moderate intensity cardio with no sweat suit and with very limited intra water intake. Weigh yourself before and after to see how much weight you lose. Then you will know what to expect

Danimozz

Danimozz

Awards
Ok but I also plan to gain much more muscle by the time the season comes around and want to drop bf not have to drop 10 lbs daily. Can you Guys tell me how this can be done

asooneyeonig

asooneyeonig

Awards
if you are adding mass for a sport please for the love of good do not train like a bodybuilder, train more like a powerlifter. you want to add strength not just fluff.

as for shedding fat, the recent common nutritional advice seems to be intermittent fasting and carb backloading.

Danimozz

Danimozz

Awards
if you are adding mass for a sport please for the love of good do not train like a bodybuilder, train more like a powerlifter. you want to add strength not just fluff.

as for shedding fat, the recent common nutritional advice seems to be intermittent fasting and carb backloading.
I am currently doing Max ot which is a 4-6 rep range. What is intermittent fasting

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
I'd say start doing workouts based on %1RM, and follw 5/3/1 style training (for strength gains).

I actualy oppose dropping water weight but thats because of dehydration purposes. IMO its more dangerous than it is worth.

Danimozz

Danimozz

Awards
Still have yet to find out how I can actually cut down to a low bf %

asooneyeonig

asooneyeonig

Awards
intermittent fasting, is as it says. you fast. ;)

here is an example, eat only within noon and 6pm everyday. or east only 2 meals a day. breakfast and dinner. getting the book is the best way to learn about it.

you can also read the book good calories, bad calories or from the same author, why we get fat.

the cliff notes are, refined carbs increase blood sugar very quickly. increased blodo sugar means you will increase insulin. insulin takes that excess blood sugar and moves it into muscles if they need it or adipose tissue for anything that is left. the storage of blood sugar in adipose tissue is a one way street. on other words you cannot burn adipose tissue as fuel if you are storing. so minimize spikes in blood sugar, which minimize insulin which allows for more time to use adipose tissue as fuel.

intermittent fasting, carb backloading, and a lot of what those books i mentioned above allow for what i just mentioned.

this is my opinion. but what i just mentioned is why calories in vs calories out is not that accurate as well as the law of thermodynamics (as most people apply it usually to support in vs out) when it comes to fat storage and energy needs.

Colby

Colby

Awards
Id suggest u look into lean gains to learn more on IF. Or if ur wanting to gain muscle while cutting fat u could do a recomp. About how
Much time do u have between ur weigh n and ur match?

Danimozz

Danimozz

Awards
Id suggest u look into lean gains to learn more on IF. Or if ur wanting to gain muscle while cutting fat u could do a recomp. About how
Much time do u have between ur weigh n and ur match?
1 hour

Mr.Sinister

Mr.Sinister

Awards
  • Established
10 pounds is way too much to cut in water weight for a wrestling weigh-in. Unless your coach is an idiot he won't let you be that far over. We allow 2lbs day before. If you don't leave 2lbs or less over weight you don't get on the mats the next day. You cannot recover BW in the time frame allotted. This isn't MMA where even the Am's might have 4-5 hours to recover.
When my guys ask me what to do to drop weight for certifications I tell them to cut out sugar. When dealing with kids this is usually a relatively large number of calories. If they listen it almost always works, and if they don't it doesn't really matter what you tell them.

Danimozz

Danimozz

Awards
10 pounds is way too much to cut in water weight for a wrestling weigh-in. Unless your coach is an idiot he won't let you be that far over. We allow 2lbs day before. If you don't leave 2lbs or less over weight you don't get on the mats the next day. You cannot recover BW in the time frame allotted. This isn't MMA where even the Am's might have 4-5 hours to recover.
When my guys ask me what to do to drop weight for certifications I tell them to cut out sugar. When dealing with kids this is usually a relatively large number of calories. If they listen it almost always works, and if they don't it doesn't really matter what you tell them.
I don't eat much sugar at all. How can I drop that fat

Jim2542

Jim2542

Banned
Awards
I don't eat much sugar at all. How can I drop that fat
Eat less food.

Rodja already explained it to you. If you burn more calories than you intake you lose weight. It's as simple as that

Danimozz

Danimozz

Awards
But I've heard about all this metabolism adjustment stuff and I'm confused haha

Docmattic

Docmattic

Awards
  • Established
You have to use more calories than you eat. If you dont do that you can not loose weight. There are different ways of achieving that, but that is your end goal.

You could get a program on your phone or Ipad that tracks calories. That makes it much easier. The one i use is called calorie count.

benmayro

benmayro

Awards
  • Established
yuppers, there is no magic trick. you cant wish the fat off and wake up the next day at 6% bf. Eat clean and use more calories than you take in. These guys have been giving you real good advice

VS91588

VS91588

Awards
I used to wrestle back I HS an I actually wrestled at 160. I remember I just did alot of cardio and I would only stick to power lifts like deadlifts, squats, bench press, shoulder press... I would always watch my weight and watch what I ate. The night b4 a match I would eat very small stuff like crackers or rice cakes and the next day after I officially got weighed in I would carb up and eat a whole box of strawberry pop tarts and feel like an animal lol