Polar Ft60

D

dillianc

Awards
So I invested in my first HR monitor and just want to know if anyone has used the Polar Ft60 and has any feedback on it?

napalm

napalm

Awards
My wife uses one for her marathon training

Solid piece of equipment

D

dillianc

Awards
yah I have used it the past couple days and am very impressed

T

tjwoody

Awards
I use it just about every time I workout, even lifting. Curious, how long of a workout(s) have you been getting in and how many cals does it state you burnt.

I can hit over 1k cal burnt on my 90 mins days that includes misc WUs, 10 min treadmill run and some heavy lifting. Esp legs days.

67nova

Awards
Im poor so had to go for the ft-4 but if the 60 is anything like mine its agood tool.Only thing i dont like is the chest strap as it likes to slide down at times but all in all very good.Avg 750cals for 1hour and wanting to go longer then mybe another 30min as im working out fasted in morning(bcaa's and going)

T

tjwoody

Awards
try making the strap tighter. i think all the good constant monitors use the strap on chest.

D

dillianc

Awards
I use it just about every time I workout, even lifting. Curious, how long of a workout(s) have you been getting in and how many cals does it state you burnt.

I can hit over 1k cal burnt on my 90 mins days that includes misc WUs, 10 min treadmill run and some heavy lifting. Esp legs days.
I used it yesterday for a 90 minute workout and got just Over 800 cal that was with lifting included with some jogging. On my arm days it's not too much I would think I burn more than it is saying as I feel more fatigued.

T

tjwoody

Awards
Buddy any tighter and i'll stop breathing!!!!
mine doesnt slip much at all but i do mess with it a lot. people prob thinking im wearing a bra.

I used it yesterday for a 90 minute workout and got just Over 800 cal that was with lifting included with some jogging. On my arm days it's not too much I would think I burn more than it is saying as I feel more fatigued.
i did 90 mins this morning of some light warmup cardio, and really hammered back, traps, bis and rear delts and hit 1080 cals.

D

dillianc

Awards
mine doesnt slip much at all but i do mess with it a lot. people prob thinking im wearing a bra.

i did 90 mins this morning of some light warmup cardio, and really hammered back, traps, bis and rear delts and hit 1080 cals.
Nice! I used mine at a cross fit class and hit over 700 in the hour. Clearly I need to push harder ha ha

T

tjwoody

Awards
ive compared my cardio with conditioning and weights sessions and the weights sessions def burn the most. however as my conditioning improves those sessions are catching up!

D

dillianc

Awards
Do you circuit train? I don't get too much from weights besides leg day

T

tjwoody

Awards
Do you circuit train? I don't get too much from weights besides leg day
no. im pretty sure these things cant be 100% but i like it as a good gauge. i spend a solid 50-60 mins lifting and i move. THis includes a 10/15 min WU and some misc crap.

Im also a few lbs heavier then u :D

D

dillianc

Awards
Fair enough. I'm really impressed with it. Don't know how I worked out without it before lol