Overtraining

dillianc

Awards
This is probably a redundant thread but I dont want to harm myself.

I love working out and training and like many of you probably find it rather addicting.

I resistance train 6 days a week using a split routine that switches every month, and am doing sports/altheltic training. its like cross fit just more cardio and plyometrics involved. As for a day of rest i just do a simple workout such as low intensity cardio or 2 circuits with some low intensity plyometrics. I have been working out like this for some time now and yes it is slightly taxing on the body but the results are incredible. If I am consuming enough Macros can i continue this? Do some of you work like this as well?

dillianc

Awards
Well I was 210lbs and am currently 145. My abs are defining and my skin is tightening which I didn't think would happen. I am trying to put on more mass now.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Well I was 210lbs and am currently 145. My abs are defining and my skin is tightening which I didn't think would happen. I am trying to put on more mass now.
If you want to add a noticeable of LBM, you'll have to cut back on your overall training load. IMO, no person needs to be lifting 6x/week and that would be the first thing I would reduce.

Doss

Doss

Awards
  • Established
^ Agreed.

But what are your goals? You've lost a lot of weight, but at 5' 10" 145 lb you're getting pretty light. Are you trying to add lean mass at this point?

dillianc

Awards
^ Agreed.

But what are your goals? You've lost a lot of weight, but at 5' 10" 145 lb you're getting pretty light. Are you trying to add lean mass at this point?
Yea I am trying to put on lean mass. I want to get up to 160-165 in about a year. Im not going to do the bulk and cut thing though as I am determined to stay lean.. I'm going to attempt to follow the principles of the paleo diet and start lifting heavier and less frequent and have incorporated cross fit into my training.