Need some advice

littleman6

littleman6

Awards
Is it better to stretch before you go to the gym ..?
Will stretching before increase my lifting and help me put up more weight ..?

67nova

Awards
To many different opinions out there i find a active mobility warm up works for me.

Im trying a routine of burbees/med ball slams and some mobility drills now before hand to warm up(i train at 6am though)afternoon or eve you'll actually be more warmed up then youy think.Warm up sets do this to a point also.

asooneyeonig

asooneyeonig

Awards
its a fact that static stretching can lower power output of a muscle for 12-24 hours. so stretch after you lift.

if you are stiff while warming, up do some foam rolling. even some dynamic stretching. save the static to after the lifting session.

SLW2

SLW2

Awards
Yep, static stretching before is not a good idea. I think dynamic warmups are a must though. If you google dynamic warmups you will find some good videos and things you can do for a dynamic warmup. Once im not on my phone I will try and come back and link some in here for you too

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Warming up properly will help you lift more. I don't even think that stretching has ever been used to BENEFIT performance, its more for injury prevention than a performance enhancer. Also to increase flexibility