Female power lifter

JaxieVee

JaxieVee

Awards
Hi all

This is my very 1st post & was hoping to get more advice on some training regimes for a power lifter. I've got decent strength and size & have been trimming right down but want a bit of a push in my general power.

Thanks

JaxieVee

Swanson52

Swanson52

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
How much training experience do you have?

Pretty tough to go wrong with 5/3/1, and I've been having very good luck personally with my switch to WS4SB.

Celorza

Celorza

Awards
Hi all

This is my very 1st post & was hoping to get more advice on some training regimes for a power lifter. I've got decent strength and size & have been trimming right down but want a bit of a push in my general power.

Thanks

JaxieVee
Wendler 5/3/1 and 5x5 can both be adapted to the Clean , snatch and Jerk exercises during the days of lower body. Now for a more complete approach I would recommend West Side variations since they do look into Maximum effort and Dynamic Movement exercises, so you can develop both the power needed to left, and the explosion for the olympic lifts. Good luck! Hope it helps!

Oh yeah , welcome to AM!

Last edited:
krakken

krakken

Awards
First question is, what does your current routine look like and what routines have you done in the past?

You said youve "gained" or started with decent size and strength? Which is it? Feel like your plateauing or ??

Powerlifting = very low volume + very heavy weight. Dont be afraid to implement sets of 10x1 heavy weight and hit the same bodypart more than once a week if your stalling.

JaxieVee

JaxieVee

Awards
Thanks so much guys & gals...I've opted to give the 5x5 ago & see how it plays out...I'll keep y'all posted

JaxieVee

TheChosen1

TheChosen1

Awards
FEED THE MUSCLE, NOT THE FAT!

Welcome aboard the School of Hard Knocks, JV. Are you on a powerlifting team or member of a powerlifting organization/federation yet?

JaxieVee

JaxieVee

Awards
Not yet, but looking...I'm pretty keen

JaxieVee