Dropping Barbell. How Much Weight For Dumbells?
- 07-28-2012, 01:26 AM
- 07-28-2012, 07:33 AM
The sum of the 2 dumbbells is usually significantly lighter than the whatever barbell weight you were using. Thats why people use barbell for strength and power, it allows for more weight. Form and experience also have a lot to do with it. Since your switching because of injuries, I would just start off really light and take a week to find what weights for what movements. Just start extra light, and work your way up the rack.
- 07-28-2012, 09:35 AM
07-28-2012, 11:09 AM
I can bench 290 but i use 110 dumbells.. but they guy i lift with benchs 270 but he also uses 110... I say just grab 50s and than move up or down till you find one that can fit
07-28-2012, 02:52 PM
there is not conversion. its a different lift and there is no direct universal carry over.
for example, you can take 2 people that can do a barbbell movement with the same weight and there could be a massive difference between what they could do with DBs.
you can call me "ozzie" for short.
07-28-2012, 03:01 PM
07-28-2012, 03:10 PM
07-28-2012, 09:35 PM
Similar Forum Threads
- By AmazingAJ in forum Exercise ScienceReplies: 11Last Post: 07-24-2012, 02:07 PM
- By rrm in forum Weight LossReplies: 3Last Post: 02-11-2009, 07:54 PM
- By CEDeoudes59 in forum AnabolicsReplies: 6Last Post: 06-08-2005, 11:30 PM
- By propho in forum AnabolicsReplies: 3Last Post: 04-29-2004, 12:44 AM
- By bigjohn58 in forum AnabolicsReplies: 4Last Post: 04-22-2004, 11:06 AM