Arnold encylclopedia a lie?

Danimozz

Danimozz

Awards
I've seen several different places that Arnold's encyclopedia is his lie. How did he lie in this book?

foxpharma

Banned
Awards
Don't know read it. People talk a lot of **** about Arnold. I read in a forum how they discuss about Arnold got a pig heart implanted. No joke.

Danimozz

Danimozz

Awards
Don't know read it. People talk a lot of **** about Arnold. I read in a forum how they discuss about Arnold got a pig heart implanted. No joke.
I have read it idk what the big "lie" is

bobbymac

bobbymac

Awards
I thought it was a good read.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

kokobeware2

Awards
  • Established
I've seen several different places that Arnold's encyclopedia is his lie. How did he lie in this book?
I'm not sure how he could lie. Is just a giant training book right?

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Havent read it, but just remember that the science in the book is largely outdated and new, far more effecient (and safe) exercises have been developed since then.

Danimozz

Danimozz

Awards
But how did he "lie" to his fans? Was it because he said to start out with 8-12 reps when he was originally doing power training as his foundation?

VS91588

VS91588

Awards
He did not lie. It's a great book for beginners to read when starting to lift weights or gwt into bodybuilding. The only problem is that the book is outdated and we now know new stuff when it comes to training and nutrition that they didnt know back than. I think we can all agree the sport I bodybuilding has evolved; whether you like the new mass monsters of today or not.

howwedo107

howwedo107

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I thought most of his workouts in there were based around 2 a days

bomcgraw

bomcgraw

Awards
I think it's good to form a base of knowledge in old school techniques. It gives a lot of insight into how the new techniques came to be, and may help people recognize what are fads and what aren't. I haven't read the book yet but am planning on it.

VS91588

VS91588

Awards
I think it's good to form a base of knowledge in old school techniques. It gives a lot of insight into how the new techniques came to be, and may help people recognize what are fads and what aren't. I haven't read the book yet but am planning on it.
It's a good book. I picked it up on Amazon. Got a good deal for that book and also his Biography book. The encyclopedia is about 700 pages and I read it in 3 days on my winter break from school when I was in High School lmao. It didn't hurt that there was a blizzard outside too lol

Danimozz

Danimozz

Awards
It's a good book. I picked it up on Amazon. Got a good deal for that book and also his Biography book. The encyclopedia is about 700 pages and I read it in 3 days on my winter break from school when I was in High School lmao. It didn't hurt that there was a blizzard outside too lol
Yeah I agree it's a good read

Drizzie88

Drizzie88

Awards
  • Established
I thought most of his workouts in there were based around 2 a days
He has a two day, three day and five day split I think. I used his technique of high reps to low reps 20,10,5,5,3,max and gained a lot of size and strength actually...

howwedo107

howwedo107

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
He has a two day, three day and five day split I think. I used his technique of high reps to low reps 20,10,5,5,3,max and gained a lot of size and strength actually...
That's the only thing I don't agree with...if he is going to suggest such crazy ass workouts with going to the gym 3-4 hours a day then he needs to put a disclaimer....*only effect while on AAS so you don't over train...lol only makes sense to me

Geoforce

Geoforce

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
That's the only thing I don't agree with...if he is going to suggest such crazy ass workouts with going to the gym 3-4 hours a day then he needs to put a disclaimer....*only effect while on AAS so you don't over train...lol only makes sense to me
Agreed. In fairness it has been a long ass time since he was in the game. I'm sure it's a good/interesting book, but we've gained a lot of knowledge since then and his results may be skewed by all the Vitamin S he was taking.

Johnnyboy004

Johnnyboy004

Awards
He did not lie. It's a great book for beginners to read when starting to lift weights or gwt into bodybuilding. The only problem is that the book is outdated and we now know new stuff when it comes to training and nutrition that they didnt know back than. I think we can all agree the sport I bodybuilding has evolved; whether you like the new mass monsters of today or not.
I like the way Arnold looked better than today's bb's. I dont follow bodybuilding closely. When did the aesthetic look change from aesthetic to massive? Was it Ronnie Coleman?

Danimozz

Danimozz

Awards
I like the way Arnold looked better than today's bb's. I dont follow bodybuilding closely. When did the aesthetic look change from aesthetic to massive? Was it Ronnie Coleman?
Agree today's bbs just look almost disgusting. They lack human look and appear to be human hulks created by scientists

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yeah...and every BB magazine needs to have the disclaimer that protein the athlete of choice is endorsing isn't the reason that said athlete is 280lb and 3%BF.

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Agree today's bbs just look almost disgusting. They lack human look and appear to be human hulks created by scientists
Exactly why I have zero interest in professional bodybuilding. They are not physiques to aspire to IMHO.

NYiron

NYiron

Awards
  • Established
Lee Haney started the transition IMO but he had size while maintaining aesthetic. Dorian Yates ushered in the time of the mass monsters. We'll see where bodybuilding starts to go now though because there has been hints IMO of leaning back more toward aesthetic physique over pure freaky size. This came up when Dexter Jackson took the Olympia and now Phil Heath the current Mr. O. He has a more aesthetic physique, still huge but different from Jay, Branch, Dorian, etc. Time will tell especially now with the NPC promoting "natural" contests. But what it comes down to IMO is that freaky ripped size is what puts people in the seats and what sells the supps, its all about that almighty dollar.

VS91588

VS91588

Awards
I would say by 1994 the mass monsters really came out to play. Old school body builders only used anabolics and not at the dosages these guys are taking today. I wiuld also have to aay that the 90s was the rise of HGH and Yates was the king of it lol

krakken

krakken

Awards
Yeah...and every BB magazine needs to have the disclaimer that protein the athlete of choice is endorsing isn't the reason that said athlete is 280lb and 3%BF.
(sad face: ON) what teh fock??? It isnt?? omg what am i gunna do with this truckload of protein