Arnold encylclopedia a lie?

1. Registered User
    Answers

Arnold encylclopedia a lie?

I've seen several different places that Arnold's encyclopedia is his lie. How did he lie in this book?

2. Registered User
    Answers

Bump
  3. Banned
    Stats
    5'7"  187 lbs.
    Answers

Don't know read it. People talk a lot of **** about Arnold. I read in a forum how they discuss about Arnold got a pig heart implanted. No joke.
    •   

4. Registered User
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by foxpharma
    Don't know read it. People talk a lot of **** about Arnold. I read in a forum how they discuss about Arnold got a pig heart implanted. No joke.
    I have read it idk what the big "lie" is
  5. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  175 lbs.
    Answers

I thought it was a good read.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
    LORD'S GYM - THE SIN OF THE WORLD - BENCH PRESS THIS! Rom 5:8
  6. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  231 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Danimozz
    I've seen several different places that Arnold's encyclopedia is his lie. How did he lie in this book?
    I'm not sure how he could lie. Is just a giant training book right?
  7. Registered User
    Answers

Interested in this also
  8. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Answers

Havent read it, but just remember that the science in the book is largely outdated and new, far more effecient (and safe) exercises have been developed since then.
  9. Registered User
    Answers

But how did he "lie" to his fans? Was it because he said to start out with 8-12 reps when he was originally doing power training as his foundation?
  10. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  230 lbs.
    Answers

He did not lie. It's a great book for beginners to read when starting to lift weights or gwt into bodybuilding. The only problem is that the book is outdated and we now know new stuff when it comes to training and nutrition that they didnt know back than. I think we can all agree the sport I bodybuilding has evolved; whether you like the new mass monsters of today or not.
  11. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  200 lbs.
    Answers

I thought most of his workouts in there were based around 2 a days
    Email me for free prodigy samples
    Ricky@pni-online.com
    www.pni-online.com
  12. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  170 lbs.
    Answers

I think it's good to form a base of knowledge in old school techniques. It gives a lot of insight into how the new techniques came to be, and may help people recognize what are fads and what aren't. I haven't read the book yet but am planning on it.
  13. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  230 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by bomcgraw
    I think it's good to form a base of knowledge in old school techniques. It gives a lot of insight into how the new techniques came to be, and may help people recognize what are fads and what aren't. I haven't read the book yet but am planning on it.
    It's a good book. I picked it up on Amazon. Got a good deal for that book and also his Biography book. The encyclopedia is about 700 pages and I read it in 3 days on my winter break from school when I was in High School lmao. It didn't hurt that there was a blizzard outside too lol
  14. Registered User
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by VS91588

It's a good book. I picked it up on Amazon. Got a good deal for that book and also his Biography book. The encyclopedia is about 700 pages and I read it in 3 days on my winter break from school when I was in High School lmao. It didn't hurt that there was a blizzard outside too lol
    Yeah I agree it's a good read
  15. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  188 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by howwedo107
    I thought most of his workouts in there were based around 2 a days
    He has a two day, three day and five day split I think. I used his technique of high reps to low reps 20,10,5,5,3,max and gained a lot of size and strength actually...
    I can't believe that God put us on this earth to be ordinary. - Lou Holtz
  16. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  200 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Drizzie88

He has a two day, three day and five day split I think. I used his technique of high reps to low reps 20,10,5,5,3,max and gained a lot of size and strength actually...
    That's the only thing I don't agree with...if he is going to suggest such crazy ass workouts with going to the gym 3-4 hours a day then he needs to put a disclaimer....*only effect while on AAS so you don't over train...lol only makes sense to me
    Email me for free prodigy samples
    Ricky@pni-online.com
    www.pni-online.com
  17. Registered User
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by howwedo107 View Post
    That's the only thing I don't agree with...if he is going to suggest such crazy ass workouts with going to the gym 3-4 hours a day then he needs to put a disclaimer....*only effect while on AAS so you don't over train...lol only makes sense to me
    Agreed. In fairness it has been a long ass time since he was in the game. I'm sure it's a good/interesting book, but we've gained a lot of knowledge since then and his results may be skewed by all the Vitamin S he was taking.
    EvoMuse Products Rep

PM me with any questions!
  18. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  240 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by VS91588 View Post
    He did not lie. It's a great book for beginners to read when starting to lift weights or gwt into bodybuilding. The only problem is that the book is outdated and we now know new stuff when it comes to training and nutrition that they didnt know back than. I think we can all agree the sport I bodybuilding has evolved; whether you like the new mass monsters of today or not.
    I like the way Arnold looked better than today's bb's. I dont follow bodybuilding closely. When did the aesthetic look change from aesthetic to massive? Was it Ronnie Coleman?
  19. Registered User
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Johnnyboy004

I like the way Arnold looked better than today's bb's. I dont follow bodybuilding closely. When did the aesthetic look change from aesthetic to massive? Was it Ronnie Coleman?
    Agree today's bbs just look almost disgusting. They lack human look and appear to be human hulks created by scientists
  20. Unbreakable
    Board Moderator
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by howwedo107 View Post
    Yeah...and every BB magazine needs to have the disclaimer that protein the athlete of choice is endorsing isn't the reason that said athlete is 280lb and 3%BF.
  21. Unbreakable
    Board Moderator
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Danimozz View Post
    Agree today's bbs just look almost disgusting. They lack human look and appear to be human hulks created by scientists
    Exactly why I have zero interest in professional bodybuilding. They are not physiques to aspire to IMHO.
  22. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  215 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Johnnyboy004

Lee Haney started the transition IMO but he had size while maintaining aesthetic. Dorian Yates ushered in the time of the mass monsters. We'll see where bodybuilding starts to go now though because there has been hints IMO of leaning back more toward aesthetic physique over pure freaky size. This came up when Dexter Jackson took the Olympia and now Phil Heath the current Mr. O. He has a more aesthetic physique, still huge but different from Jay, Branch, Dorian, etc. Time will tell especially now with the NPC promoting "natural" contests. But what it comes down to IMO is that freaky ripped size is what puts people in the seats and what sells the supps, its all about that almighty dollar.
  23. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  230 lbs.
    Answers

I would say by 1994 the mass monsters really came out to play. Old school body builders only used anabolics and not at the dosages these guys are taking today. I wiuld also have to aay that the 90s was the rise of HGH and Yates was the king of it lol
  24. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  230 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by David Dunn View Post
    Yeah...and every BB magazine needs to have the disclaimer that protein the athlete of choice is endorsing isn't the reason that said athlete is 280lb and 3%BF.
    (sad face: ON) what teh fock??? It isnt?? omg what am i gunna do with this truckload of protein
  25. Registered User
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by krakken

(sad face: ON) what teh fock??? It isnt?? omg what am i gunna do with this truckload of protein
    Hahahahaha
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. OT: The Biggest Lies in the Gym
    By Luke530 in forum General Chat
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 08-09-2005, 07:33 PM
  2. Pics from the Arnold
    By WYD02 in forum Pics
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 03-27-2003, 07:13 AM
  3. ESPN Writer Attacks Arnold Expo