Arnold encylclopedia a lie? - AnabolicMinds.com

Arnold encylclopedia a lie?

  1. New Member
    Danimozz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    392
    Rep Power
    42909

    Reputation

    Arnold encylclopedia a lie?


    I've seen several different places that Arnold's encyclopedia is his lie. How did he lie in this book?

  2. New Member
    Danimozz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    392
    Rep Power
    42909

    Reputation

    Bump
  3. Banned
    foxpharma's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  187 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Age
    27
    Posts
    314
    Rep Power
    0

    Reputation

    Don't know read it. People talk a lot of **** about Arnold. I read in a forum how they discuss about Arnold got a pig heart implanted. No joke.
    •   
       

  4. New Member
    Danimozz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    392
    Rep Power
    42909

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by foxpharma
    Don't know read it. People talk a lot of **** about Arnold. I read in a forum how they discuss about Arnold got a pig heart implanted. No joke.
    I have read it idk what the big "lie" is
  5. New Member
    bobbymac's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  175 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    90
    Rep Power
    189

    Reputation

    I thought it was a good read.

    Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
    LORD'S GYM - THE SIN OF THE WORLD - BENCH PRESS THIS! Rom 5:8
  6. Advanced Member
    kokobeware2's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  231 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    806
    Rep Power
    12704

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Danimozz
    I've seen several different places that Arnold's encyclopedia is his lie. How did he lie in this book?
    I'm not sure how he could lie. Is just a giant training book right?
  7. New Member
    horst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    3
    Rep Power
    29

    Reputation

    Interested in this also
  8. Elite Member
    Jiigzz's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    5,203
    Rep Power
    3370560

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Havent read it, but just remember that the science in the book is largely outdated and new, far more effecient (and safe) exercises have been developed since then.
  9. New Member
    Danimozz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    392
    Rep Power
    42909

    Reputation

    But how did he "lie" to his fans? Was it because he said to start out with 8-12 reps when he was originally doing power training as his foundation?
  10. Advanced Member
    VS91588's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  230 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    702
    Rep Power
    46440

    Reputation

    He did not lie. It's a great book for beginners to read when starting to lift weights or gwt into bodybuilding. The only problem is that the book is outdated and we now know new stuff when it comes to training and nutrition that they didnt know back than. I think we can all agree the sport I bodybuilding has evolved; whether you like the new mass monsters of today or not.
  11. Elite Member
    howwedo107's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    5,306
    Rep Power
    1941542

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    I thought most of his workouts in there were based around 2 a days
    Email me for free prodigy samples
    Ricky@pni-online.com
    www.pni-online.com
  12. New Member
    bomcgraw's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  170 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Age
    27
    Posts
    217
    Rep Power
    212

    Reputation

    I think it's good to form a base of knowledge in old school techniques. It gives a lot of insight into how the new techniques came to be, and may help people recognize what are fads and what aren't. I haven't read the book yet but am planning on it.
  13. Advanced Member
    VS91588's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  230 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    702
    Rep Power
    46440

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by bomcgraw
    I think it's good to form a base of knowledge in old school techniques. It gives a lot of insight into how the new techniques came to be, and may help people recognize what are fads and what aren't. I haven't read the book yet but am planning on it.
    It's a good book. I picked it up on Amazon. Got a good deal for that book and also his Biography book. The encyclopedia is about 700 pages and I read it in 3 days on my winter break from school when I was in High School lmao. It didn't hurt that there was a blizzard outside too lol
  14. New Member
    Danimozz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    392
    Rep Power
    42909

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by VS91588

    It's a good book. I picked it up on Amazon. Got a good deal for that book and also his Biography book. The encyclopedia is about 700 pages and I read it in 3 days on my winter break from school when I was in High School lmao. It didn't hurt that there was a blizzard outside too lol
    Yeah I agree it's a good read
  15. Senior Member
    Drizzie88's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  188 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Age
    26
    Posts
    1,560
    Rep Power
    175946

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by howwedo107
    I thought most of his workouts in there were based around 2 a days
    He has a two day, three day and five day split I think. I used his technique of high reps to low reps 20,10,5,5,3,max and gained a lot of size and strength actually...
    I can't believe that God put us on this earth to be ordinary. - Lou Holtz
  16. Elite Member
    howwedo107's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    5,306
    Rep Power
    1941542

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Drizzie88

    He has a two day, three day and five day split I think. I used his technique of high reps to low reps 20,10,5,5,3,max and gained a lot of size and strength actually...
    That's the only thing I don't agree with...if he is going to suggest such crazy ass workouts with going to the gym 3-4 hours a day then he needs to put a disclaimer....*only effect while on AAS so you don't over train...lol only makes sense to me
    Email me for free prodigy samples
    Ricky@pni-online.com
    www.pni-online.com
  17. Professional Member
    Geoforce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    3,881
    Rep Power
    1188912

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by howwedo107 View Post
    That's the only thing I don't agree with...if he is going to suggest such crazy ass workouts with going to the gym 3-4 hours a day then he needs to put a disclaimer....*only effect while on AAS so you don't over train...lol only makes sense to me
    Agreed. In fairness it has been a long ass time since he was in the game. I'm sure it's a good/interesting book, but we've gained a lot of knowledge since then and his results may be skewed by all the Vitamin S he was taking.
    EvoMuse Products Rep

    PM me with any questions!
  18. New Member
    Johnnyboy004's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  240 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    138
    Rep Power
    3628

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by VS91588 View Post
    He did not lie. It's a great book for beginners to read when starting to lift weights or gwt into bodybuilding. The only problem is that the book is outdated and we now know new stuff when it comes to training and nutrition that they didnt know back than. I think we can all agree the sport I bodybuilding has evolved; whether you like the new mass monsters of today or not.
    I like the way Arnold looked better than today's bb's. I dont follow bodybuilding closely. When did the aesthetic look change from aesthetic to massive? Was it Ronnie Coleman?
  19. New Member
    Danimozz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    392
    Rep Power
    42909

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Johnnyboy004

    I like the way Arnold looked better than today's bb's. I dont follow bodybuilding closely. When did the aesthetic look change from aesthetic to massive? Was it Ronnie Coleman?
    Agree today's bbs just look almost disgusting. They lack human look and appear to be human hulks created by scientists
  20. Unbreakable
    Board Moderator
    David Dunn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Age
    49
    Posts
    11,708
    Rep Power
    950991

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by howwedo107 View Post
    That's the only thing I don't agree with...if he is going to suggest such crazy ass workouts with going to the gym 3-4 hours a day then he needs to put a disclaimer....*only effect while on AAS so you don't over train...lol only makes sense to me
    Yeah...and every BB magazine needs to have the disclaimer that protein the athlete of choice is endorsing isn't the reason that said athlete is 280lb and 3%BF.
  21. Unbreakable
    Board Moderator
    David Dunn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Age
    49
    Posts
    11,708
    Rep Power
    950991

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Danimozz View Post
    Agree today's bbs just look almost disgusting. They lack human look and appear to be human hulks created by scientists
    Exactly why I have zero interest in professional bodybuilding. They are not physiques to aspire to IMHO.
  22. New Member
    NYiron's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  215 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    431
    Rep Power
    36879

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Johnnyboy004

    I like the way Arnold looked better than today's bb's. I dont follow bodybuilding closely. When did the aesthetic look change from aesthetic to massive? Was it Ronnie Coleman?
    Lee Haney started the transition IMO but he had size while maintaining aesthetic. Dorian Yates ushered in the time of the mass monsters. We'll see where bodybuilding starts to go now though because there has been hints IMO of leaning back more toward aesthetic physique over pure freaky size. This came up when Dexter Jackson took the Olympia and now Phil Heath the current Mr. O. He has a more aesthetic physique, still huge but different from Jay, Branch, Dorian, etc. Time will tell especially now with the NPC promoting "natural" contests. But what it comes down to IMO is that freaky ripped size is what puts people in the seats and what sells the supps, its all about that almighty dollar.
  23. Advanced Member
    VS91588's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  230 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    702
    Rep Power
    46440

    Reputation

    I would say by 1994 the mass monsters really came out to play. Old school body builders only used anabolics and not at the dosages these guys are taking today. I wiuld also have to aay that the 90s was the rise of HGH and Yates was the king of it lol
  24. New Member
    krakken's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  230 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    74
    Rep Power
    371

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by David Dunn View Post
    Yeah...and every BB magazine needs to have the disclaimer that protein the athlete of choice is endorsing isn't the reason that said athlete is 280lb and 3%BF.
    (sad face: ON) what teh fock??? It isnt?? omg what am i gunna do with this truckload of protein
  25. New Member
    Danimozz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    392
    Rep Power
    42909

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by krakken

    (sad face: ON) what teh fock??? It isnt?? omg what am i gunna do with this truckload of protein
    Hahahahaha
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. OT: The Biggest Lies in the Gym
    By Luke530 in forum General Chat
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 08-09-2005, 07:33 PM
  2. Pics from the Arnold
    By WYD02 in forum Pics
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 03-27-2003, 07:13 AM
  3. ESPN Writer Attacks Arnold Expo
    By Biggs in forum General Chat
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-18-2003, 01:39 PM
  4. Arnold Quote, funny read
    By Biggs in forum General Chat
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 02-01-2003, 11:31 PM
  5. Replies: 10
    Last Post: 12-07-2002, 12:27 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in