Would this be a successful full-body workout?

  1. New Member
    MrBumboclart's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    21
    Rep Power
    40
    Level
    5
    Lv. Percent
    14.39%

    Would this be a successful full-body workout?


    08reps x 3sets Bench Press
    08reps x 3sets Bent Over Rows
    08reps x 3sets Clean & Press
    12reps x 3sets Hack Squats
    12reps x 3sets Dead Lift

    1. Would this be a successful full-body workout?
    2. What kind of mass gains would I see?
    3. Would it help in weight loss?

  2. Professional Member
    napalm's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  202 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Age
    50
    Posts
    4,230
    Rep Power
    431288
    Level
    55
    Lv. Percent
    8.06%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Why would you hack squat instead of FULL squat?
  3. Professional Member
    Bolanrox's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"   lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    3,096
    Rep Power
    81804
    Level
    40
    Lv. Percent
    60.42%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    I could see it working out well - how many days a week? 3?

    I personally rarely do trad squats any more, Front Squats or Goblets seem to be more effective for me. I know a few other people also sub out the normal squat.

    I would say try it and see how it works for you, if you are making gains then keep at it, if not, tweak
    •   
       

  4. New Member
    MrBumboclart's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    21
    Rep Power
    40
    Level
    5
    Lv. Percent
    14.39%

    Quote Originally Posted by napalm View Post
    Why would you hack squat instead of FULL squat?

    So...if I did FULL Squat then how would the routine be in your opinion?
  5. Professional Member
    napalm's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  202 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Age
    50
    Posts
    4,230
    Rep Power
    431288
    Level
    55
    Lv. Percent
    8.06%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by MrBumboclart

    So...if I did FULL Squat then how would the routine be in your opinion?
    That depends on what your goals are...
  6. New Member
    MrBumboclart's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    21
    Rep Power
    40
    Level
    5
    Lv. Percent
    14.39%

    Quote Originally Posted by napalm View Post
    That depends on what your goals are...
    questions..
  7. Professional Member
    Bolanrox's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"   lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    3,096
    Rep Power
    81804
    Level
    40
    Lv. Percent
    60.42%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    are you going for size or stregth, how long have you been training? things like that

    Personally i would keep all the reps in an 8-10/12 range. When you are able to do all three at 10/12 add more weight, if you cant get to 8 for all three take some weight off
  8. The BPS Rep
    Resolve's Avatar
    Stats
    6'4"  280 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    8,062
    Rep Power
    350692
    Level
    59
    Lv. Percent
    84.29%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

    Doing bent over rows, cleans, squats and deadlifts all in the same workout is a lot of lower back work. My rule of thumb for full body routines is 1 upper body press, 1 upper body pull, 1 main lower body lift. Then tack on a few accessory movements and prehab stuff like rotator cuff/rear delt work.

    So day 1 could be Bench, Rows and Squats, with lateral raises, curls and leg curls for accessory work. Then day 2 could be Clean and Press and deadlifts, with some chest, quad and tricep accesories. Day 3 could then be Dips, Chin-ups, and front squats with whatever you need to work on most.
    Bulk Performance Solutions
    --No Proprietary Blends, All Performance--

    ***NOW @ NP***
  9. Professional Member
    Torobestia's Avatar
    Stats
    6'3"  250 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    3,199
    Rep Power
    141052
    Level
    45
    Lv. Percent
    0.13%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by Resolve View Post
    So day 1 could be Bench, Rows and Squats, with lateral raises, curls and leg curls for accessory work. Then day 2 could be Clean and Press and deadlifts, with some chest, quad and tricep accesories. Day 3 could then be Dips, Chin-ups, and front squats with whatever you need to work on most.
    That sounds pretty solid.
    Check your form: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/exercise-science/190675-proper-techniques.html
    Log: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/235436-tossing-weight-torobestia.html
  10. Advanced Member
    kingk0ng's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  235 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Age
    29
    Posts
    743
    Rep Power
    122331
    Level
    25
    Lv. Percent
    57.94%

    Quote Originally Posted by MrBumboclart View Post
    08reps x 3sets Bench Press
    08reps x 3sets Bent Over Rows
    08reps x 3sets Clean & Press
    12reps x 3sets Hack Squats
    12reps x 3sets Dead Lift
    I would put the clean and press on separate day than the bench press. Perhaps you can add a new day where you can incorporate squats, clean & press, pullups and weighted dips? Overall, your routine does look good through.

    1. Would this be a successful full-body workout?

    Workouts alone wouldn't determine that. The workout itself is just the imagine of the workout, it's just the car in the driveway. The principles that you use would determine the routines success. The principle I would suggest is progressive resistance.

    Each workout add 5-10lbs on the major lifts. If you cannot add anymore weight, deload, increase calories or find out why you are failing on the particular lifts in which you are failing and incorporate accessory movements to assist.

    2. What kind of mass gains would I see?


    That mainly depends on your calories. If you're eating in a caloric surplus and using progressive resistance, I would say you would gain tons of mass with this program.

    3. Would it help in weight loss?

    Once again, that's a matter of calories. Your routine will help build muscle, which in turn will raise metabolism, so it would help lose weight in the sense it would demand a higher amount of calories due to increased metabolism, but weight loss itself will be determined by the calories you're taking in and their source.
    Former Marine, UT-BSN, NSCA-CPT, NASM-CPT, CSCS
  11. Senior Member
    benmayro's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    1,962
    Rep Power
    169356
    Level
    35
    Lv. Percent
    84.18%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by kingk0ng

    I would put the clean and press on separate day than the bench press. Perhaps you can add a new day where you can incorporate squats, clean & press, pullups and weighted dips? Overall, your routine does look good through.

    1. Would this be a successful full-body workout?

    Workouts alone wouldn't determine that. The workout itself is just the imagine of the workout, it's just the car in the driveway. The principles that you use would determine the routines success. The principle I would suggest is progressive resistance.

    Each workout add 5-10lbs on the major lifts. If you cannot add anymore weight, deload, increase calories or find out why you are failing on the particular lifts in which you are failing and incorporate accessory movements to assist.

    2. What kind of mass gains would I see?

    That mainly depends on your calories. If you're eating in a caloric surplus and using progressive resistance, I would say you would gain tons of mass with this program.

    3. Would it help in weight loss?

    Once again, that's a matter of calories. Your routine will help build muscle, which in turn will raise metabolism, so it would help lose weight in the sense it would demand a higher amount of calories due to increased metabolism, but weight loss itself will be determined by the calories you're taking in and their source.
    hey, i try sending you a pm but your messages is full.. So a while back you said you were interested in seeing how strong football players are.. So i asked 6 or 7 for their stats and its in my log by your last post.. Op sorry for hijacking your log
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/training-forum/198788-highschool-athlete-thread.html
  12. Advanced Member
    kingk0ng's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  235 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Age
    29
    Posts
    743
    Rep Power
    122331
    Level
    25
    Lv. Percent
    57.94%

    Quote Originally Posted by benmayro View Post
    hey, i try sending you a pm but your messages is full.. So a while back you said you were interested in seeing how strong football players are.. So i asked 6 or 7 for their stats and its in my log by your last post.. Op sorry for hijacking your log
    Yeah, I was curious to the average football player at some of the schools on this board. Reason being is I wanted to compare them to my stats from a few years ago and my new client is a junior in high school and is a RB.
    Former Marine, UT-BSN, NSCA-CPT, NASM-CPT, CSCS
  13. Senior Member
    benmayro's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    1,962
    Rep Power
    169356
    Level
    35
    Lv. Percent
    84.18%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by kingk0ng

    Yeah, I was curious to the average football player at some of the schools on this board. Reason being is I wanted to compare them to my stats from a few years ago and my new client is a junior in high school and is a RB.
    I got 7 people stats for you on my log.. all of us are the top kids on our team so the numbers mighted be skrwed up
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/training-forum/198788-highschool-athlete-thread.html
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. would this be a good pre workout mix??
    By SouthernCharm in forum Supplements
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 05-24-2010, 12:47 PM
  2. would this be a good cycle?
    By utvol in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-23-2005, 10:04 AM
  3. Good full body workout?
    By dunimous in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-18-2005, 08:26 AM
  4. would this be a good cycle ?
    By The Paper Route in forum Supplements
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-22-2005, 04:19 PM
  5. Would this be insane?
    By TheTom in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 10-21-2003, 06:49 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in