Decreasing strength and no energy

Danimozz

Danimozz

Awards
I'm doing stronglifts 5x5 and lately I've been having no energy whatsoever during my workouts. And I'm 17. I cant hit parellel for even one squat with what I could squat last week for 5x5 with ease. My bench press is 10 pounds less than it was 2 weeks ago for 5x5 and on 10lbs less I can still not get 5 reps on any of the sets. What's going on here I'm 17 the energy thing shouldn't be happening

superbeast668

superbeast668

Awards
I'm doing stronglifts 5x5 and lately I've been having no energy whatsoever during my workouts. And I'm 17. I cant hit parellel for even one squat with what I could squat last week for 5x5 with ease. My bench press is 10 pounds less than it was 2 weeks ago for 5x5 and on 10lbs less I can still not get 5 reps on any of the sets. What's going on here I'm 17 the energy thing shouldn't be happening
Whats your nutrition look like? your rest? when was your last break from lifting?

murk01

murk01

Awards
Up the carbs poppies. 5x5 demands a lot of juice. What's ur recovery times like

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I suggest double dosing your pizza and Chinese buffet consumption.

Danimozz

Danimozz

Awards
My nutrition isn't like a plan but I try as best I can to eat high protein non processed foods and idk lately I just have no energy for my workouts. I look at the weight and go "oh **** that looks heavy and I'm exhausted". What to do... Big meal before lifting? A preworkout?

murk01

murk01

Awards
My nutrition isn't like a plan but I try as best I can to eat high protein non processed foods and idk lately I just have no energy for my workouts. I look at the weight and go "oh **** that looks heavy and I'm exhausted". What to do... Big meal before lifting? A preworkout?
Protien shake with oats and yogurt like 1 and a half hr's b4.
And 200mg caffeine 20min pre is how I kick it.
But check ur Carb intake ur probably depleted some carbs after u work out will restore ur energy banks.

Danimozz

Danimozz

Awards
Protien shake with oats and yogurt like 1 and a half hr's b4.
And 200mg caffeine 20min pre is how I kick it.
But check ur Carb intake ur probably depleted some carbs after u work out will restore ur energy banks.
Thank you sir I will try all but the caffeine

Danimozz

Danimozz

Awards
Y Caffeine is the sh!t
I used to doing assault preworkout which is loaded with caffeine and I didnt feel energized at 1/2 nor 1 full scoop. Both made me feel like my heart was racing and like I was gonna throw up. No energy tho. Being low on carbs Seems to be the culprit because I usually work out at 12 and eat only a mild carb breakfast at around 8 or 9

Danimozz

Danimozz

Awards
Calories.
Oh thats probably correct. I don't eat alot of food because I don't have a big appetite. But if that is the case then how do I have stomach fat? Not much, but enough to not have a 6 pack?

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Oh thats probably correct. I don't eat alot of food because I don't have a big appetite. But if that is the case then how do I have stomach fat? Not much, but enough to not have a 6 pack?
Your body will hold fat in an unfavorable state. You really have to almost "trick" the body into getting really lean.

kingk0ng

kingk0ng

Awards
  • Established
As rodja has mentioned already, you'll want to start with cleaning up your nutrition. You'll almost never go from a A&E diet to strictly this and that at these times diet. If you're drinking soft drinks, eating chips, candy, fast food, unfavorable processed food, etc. then you should really eliminate those and replace with cleaner veggies, fruits, nuts, oils, lean protein. After you get that down, post us back up with your new habits and then we'll help you with a strict weight loss focused diet.