Deads are stalled on 531

Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last

  1. Quote Originally Posted by Rodja

    You're not following the template at all. You're working muscles and not movements. Do you have the book?
    This
    •   
       


  2. Quote Originally Posted by Rodja

    His technique probably sucks as is. Doing it at a deficit is only going to make that worse.
    Woah easy there killer. I'm assuming it's because i may not have been following the program right

  3. Quote Originally Posted by kokobeware2

    Woah easy there killer. I'm assuming it's because i may not have been following the program right
    Well the book explains it all. Buy the cheap book and read it.

  4. Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    You're not following the template at all
    this

    lat pull downs?

    seated rows?

    db rows?
    •   
       


  5. Quote Originally Posted by napalm View Post
    this

    lat pull downs?

    seated rows?

    db rows?
    DB Rows ARE part of the 5/3/1 routine BUT...They are NOT part of the 5/3/1 day, unless you are doing the BodyBuilder Assistance workout template...IMO Dumbbell rows go in the Bench Press and/or OH Press day.
    >SNS-Glycophase<
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Rep

  6. Quote Originally Posted by Celorza View Post
    DB Rows ARE part of the 5/3/1 routine BUT...They are NOT part of the 5/3/1 day, unless you are doing the BodyBuilder Assistance workout template...IMO Dumbbell rows go in the Bench Press and/or OH Press day.
    you are correct sir, just saw the db rows in the periodization part on p 50

    but lat pull downs and seated rows?

    EDIT apparently i must spread some reputation around before giving it to celorza again, someone get him for me please...

  7. Quote Originally Posted by napalm View Post
    you are correct sir, just saw the db rows in the periodization part on p 50

    but lat pull downs and seated rows?

    EDIT apparently i must spread some reputation around before giving it to celorza again...
    Hehe xD , Yeah neither Lat Pulldowns NOR Seated Rows are part of 5/3/1 for any scheme of powerlifting...They can be swapped for pull ups (according to some trainers) in the body builder assistance workout style...But then again...5/3/1 is more for powerlifting and strength training rather than Body Building...
    >SNS-Glycophase<
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Rep

  8. Hows your diet? Are you meeting your caloric requirements? If not your stall is only going to end up in regression. I don't know much about 5/3/1 but as previously stated, in the thread, a vid of form would be pretty useful if your problem lies in the mechanics of your pull. That'll also allow for auxiliary work suggestions to strengthen your weak links, we all have them. Also again not knowing much about 5/3/1, but it seems a few had pointed out deviation from the program. How many times a month are you going for lifts at 90-100% 1RM? If you've been beating yourself up a de-load may be beneficial at this time and a stall in your progression is hinting at that.

  9. Quote Originally Posted by napalm View Post
    you are correct sir, just saw the db rows in the periodization part on p 50

    but lat pull downs and seated rows?

    EDIT apparently i must spread some reputation around before giving it to celorza again, someone get him for me please...
    Quote Originally Posted by Celorza View Post
    Hehe xD , Yeah neither Lat Pulldowns NOR Seated Rows are part of 5/3/1 for any scheme of powerlifting...They can be swapped for pull ups (according to some trainers) in the body builder assistance workout style...But then again...5/3/1 is more for powerlifting and strength training rather than Body Building...
    I actually THINK there is a part about if you cant do X number of pull ups do lat pulldowns, but I may be wrong. Thanks again napalm.

  10. Quote Originally Posted by NYiron View Post
    Hows your diet? Are you meeting your caloric requirements? If not your stall is only going to end up in regression. I don't know much about 5/3/1 but as previously stated, in the thread, a vid of form would be pretty useful if your problem lies in the mechanics of your pull. That'll also allow for auxiliary work suggestions to strengthen your weak links, we all have them. Also again not knowing much about 5/3/1, but it seems a few had pointed out deviation from the program. How many times a month are you going for lifts at 90-100% 1RM? If you've been beating yourself up a de-load may be beneficial at this time and a stall in your progression is hinting at that.
    With adherence to 5/3/1, you're never above ~85% of 1RM.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys


  11. Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    With adherence to 5/3/1, you're never above ~85% of 1RM.
    Don't you hit 95% of 1RM on the third week of the macrocycle (5/3/1 week) Rodja? Or what do you mean I'm doing 5/3/1 now...I just don't wanna be doing it wrong.

    (And I had been doing it wrong FTR)
    >SNS-Glycophase<
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Rep

  12. Quote Originally Posted by Celorza View Post
    Don't you hit 95% of 1RM on the third week of the macrocycle (5/3/1 week) Rodja? Or what do you mean I'm doing 5/3/1 now...I just don't wanna be doing it wrong.

    (And I had been doing it wrong FTR)
    It's 95% of 90% of your 1RM, which is ~85% of true 1RM.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys


  13. Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    It's 95% of 90% of your 1RM, which is ~85% of true 1RM.
    I forgot that...I feel like an idiot now haha, I have been doing my 95% 1RM every 3 weeks...
    >SNS-Glycophase<
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Rep

  14. Quote Originally Posted by Celorza View Post
    I forgot that...I feel like an idiot now haha, I have been doing my 95% 1RM every 3 weeks...
    This underscores a very prominent problem with peoples approach to training. Many will spend days researching and looking into test boosters, pre-WOs, GH boosters, etc. and spend thousands of dollars in the process, but they won't spend $20 on a book with a proven program and read it cover-to-cover multiple times.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys


  15. Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    This underscores a very prominent problem with peoples approach to training. Many will spend days researching and looking into test boosters, pre-WOs, GH boosters, etc. and spend thousands of dollars in the process, but they won't spend $20 on a book with a proven program and read it cover-to-cover multiple times.
    I have it but I messed up the numbers...forgot its 95% of the 90% IRM...no wonder my Bench Stalled...also I was doing the periodization bible wrong , but I re-read it and got it right now...
    >SNS-Glycophase<
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Rep

  16. Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    With adherence to 5/3/1, you're never above ~85% of 1RM.
    I see, so he shouldn't even know his 1RM, while working, outside of doing it purely for testing/reference purposes.

    This raises the question, with regards to program adherence, to the OP again how many times a month, and/or, are you working/testing in the 90-100% 1RM range? You had said your pull has been stalled at X amount of weight for one and a half to two months. Essentially, how many times, in that given time period, have you worked at, or tested your pull at X weight? If the frequency is higher then your threshold for systemic recovery then your stall will eventually lead to regression had you continued to work with frequency at such a high percentage of your 1RM. Also your diet plays huge into the equation as stated in my previous post if your not meeting caloric requirements your working backwards as well as dealing a huge hit to your recovery time and efficiency.

    Edit: Grammer

  17. Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    This underscores a very prominent problem with peoples approach to training. Many will spend days researching and looking into test boosters, pre-WOs, GH boosters, etc. and spend thousands of dollars in the process, but they won't spend $20 on a book with a proven program and read it cover-to-cover multiple times.
    Amen

  18. Quote Originally Posted by NYiron

    I see, so he shouldn't even know his 1RM, while working, outside of doing it purely for testing/reference purposes.

    This raises the question, with regards to program adherence, to the OP again how many times a month, and/or, are you working/testing in the 90-100% 1RM range? You had said your pull has been stalled at X amount of weight for one and a half to two months. Essentially, how many times, in that given time period, have you worked at, or tested your pull at X weight? If the frequency is higher then your threshold for systemic recovery then your stall will eventually lead to regression had you continued to work with frequency at such a high percentage of your 1RM. Also your diet plays huge into the equation as stated in my previous post if your not meeting caloric requirements your working backwards as well as dealing a huge hit to your recovery time and efficiency.

    Edit: Grammer
    I haven't tested my 1rm. It is strictly using the calculator. So according to that, It really hasn't changed. I know it isn't always a reliable source but it just didn't seem to be changing. I actually did read the book and my workout was much different today

  19. Quote Originally Posted by kokobeware2 View Post
    I haven't tested my 1rm. It is strictly using the calculator. So according to that, It really hasn't changed. I know it isn't always a reliable source but it just didn't seem to be changing. I actually did read the book and my workout was much different today
    Calculator? IMO those are not applicable for a true reference. They are useful for finding percentages, working ranges, etc. but when it comes down to it all it is, is some one size fits all math equation that'll spit out a hypothetical number for you, and I stress hypothetical. Stack the plates and rip that **** off the floor my guess is you'll surprise yourself, no calculator can account for the human component and adrenaline rush of a PR. My purpose for asking that question was to see if you were maxing too often. If you had been, which of course now I know you were not, you most likely were stressing your body past your threshold for recovery and doing more harm then good. Since that isn't the case if it were me, I wouldn't rely on a math equation id want to chalk up and pull some heavy ass weight off the floor.

  20. Quote Originally Posted by NYiron View Post
    Calculator? IMO those are not applicable for a true reference. They are useful for finding percentages, working ranges, etc. but when it comes down to it all it is, is some one size fits all math equation that'll spit out a hypothetical number for you, and I stress hypothetical. Stack the plates and rip that **** off the floor my guess is you'll surprise yourself, no calculator can account for the human component and adrenaline rush of a PR. My purpose for asking that question was to see if you were maxing too often. If you had been, which of course now I know you were not, you most likely were stressing your body past your threshold for recovery and doing more harm then good. Since that isn't the case if it were me, I wouldn't rely on a math equation id want to chalk up and pull some heavy ass weight off the floor.
    I wish those calculators were right. Otherwise my 1RM for squat would be 200lbs higher than it is currently
    Check your form: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/exercise-science/190675-proper-techniques.html
    Log: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/235436-tossing-weight-torobestia.html

  21. Quote Originally Posted by Torobestia
    I wish those calculators were right. Otherwise my 1RM for squat would be 200lbs higher than it is currently
    Damn. Well I will definitely tak the calculator with a grain of salt then. It seems right with my bench which is why I relied on it. But following 5 3 1 to the T today for bench I can tell I'm gonna be pretty sore and I like it

  22. Quote Originally Posted by NYiron View Post
    Calculator? IMO those are not applicable for a true reference. They are useful for finding percentages, working ranges, etc. but when it comes down to it all it is, is some one size fits all math equation that'll spit out a hypothetical number for you, and I stress hypothetical. Stack the plates and rip that **** off the floor my guess is you'll surprise yourself, no calculator can account for the human component and adrenaline rush of a PR. My purpose for asking that question was to see if you were maxing too often. If you had been, which of course now I know you were not, you most likely were stressing your body past your threshold for recovery and doing more harm then good. Since that isn't the case if it were me, I wouldn't rely on a math equation id want to chalk up and pull some heavy ass weight off the floor.
    I max out twice a week and have been doing so for months now. Programmed properly, you can be at that high of a 1RM% and keep the CNS fresh.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys


  23. Quote Originally Posted by Rodja

    I max out twice a week and have been doing so for months now. Programmed properly, you can be at that high of a 1RM% and keep the CNS fresh.
    I would have to disagree completely. That would put you at 100% 1RM 8 times a month, 24 times if your maxing on all three lifts. I'm sorry but I do believe the negatives of this far outweigh the benefits especially in an un-enhanced state. Do you follow your max days will full workouts? That would be just cruel and unusual. What are your reasonings for maxing so often and on what exercises are you maxing, all 3 twice a week? Your profile says you fight MMA as well your maxing, sparing and cardio all in one week that seems like dropping an atomic bomb on your CNS weekly. Your caloric must be on par with Olympic athletes.

  24. Quote Originally Posted by NYiron View Post
    I would have to disagree completely. That would put you at 100% 1RM 8 times a month, 24 times if your maxing on all three lifts. I'm sorry but I do believe the negatives of this far outweigh the benefits especially in an un-enhanced state. Do you follow your max days will full workouts? That would be just cruel and unusual. What are your reasonings for maxing so often and on what exercises are you maxing, all 3 twice a week? Your profile says you fight MMA as well your maxing, sparing and cardio all in one week that seems like dropping an atomic bomb on your CNS weekly. Your caloric must be on par with Olympic athletes.
    I take it you're not familiar with the conjugate system?
    M.Ed. Ex Phys

  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. AN + Nimbus = Are you on roids?
    By mikem in forum Supplements
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 10-10-2007, 06:02 AM
  2. The Spice Girls Are Back On Tour !!!
    By anabolicrhino in forum General Chat
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 07-06-2007, 03:26 PM
  3. stalled on max ot thinking of doing west side
    By mixedup in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-11-2006, 12:00 PM
  4. Stalling on CKD
    By DreamWeaver in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 03-26-2003, 12:33 PM
Log in
Log in