PLEASE don't troll

niZmo

niZmo

Awards
I haven't been sore in months, and my other pecs are REALLY sore after yesterday's workout..normal I hope?

benmayro

benmayro

Awards
  • Established
soreness is no inditcator of quality of workout. If you continue to make gains than dont think twice about it. If you drop off or sore becomes pain than you have an issue

niZmo

niZmo

Awards
I love being sore, don't get me wrong, but not I wanna feel it everywhere else too :(..I did add decline BP just to mix things up, maybe that did it? I'm REALLY wary about putting on a lot of weight..my girlfriend goes with me but the only use she has there is that extra boost of test ;) I know I can put up more but I also don't want to lose my head..

benmayro

benmayro

Awards
  • Established
Dont worry about it.. I havent felt other than on heavey squat/ dead since my first week.. am i worry no because im making gains every week.. If i get sore tomorrow, will i be worried? no unless my lifts drop or i feel pain.. Throwing in a new lift might have hit your muscles differently than you are use to

napalm

napalm

Awards
Your 'other' pecs?

Is there something we should know?

benmayro

benmayro

Awards
  • Established
kingk0ng

kingk0ng

Awards
  • Established
soreness is no inditcator of quality of workout. If you continue to make gains than dont think twice about it. If you drop off or sore becomes pain than you have an issue
^ This is correct.

Soreness is pretty common when you first start to lift weights again after a break. It's your bodies reaction of not being used to exercise. Scientists have never really proved what causes DOMS, but their biggest theory tends to be the eccentric phase of a lift where the muscle is lengthening. According to them, that's their most common theory, but soreness itself is not an indicator of any type of gains.

kingk0ng

kingk0ng

Awards
  • Established
So DOMS is the result of a shock to the muscles?
Nobody knows what the cause of DOMS is at this point. Studies have never concluded anything. Scientists believe that the principle cause of DOMS is the eccentric phase of a lift, which is the phase of a lift when you're moving with gravity i.e. the down phase of a bench press, the up phase of a lat pulldown, down phase of a deadlift.

There's no real shock to a muscle. You can give a muscle new stimulus like progressive overload, but getting sore is pretty common when you haven't lifted weights in a few months and you start back, but it's not a real indicator of anything as mentioned.