Training and Fasting

zubda345

zubda345

Awards
  • Established
Hey guys, I am going to start a thread here... I will be posting my training and eating as I am fasting and striving to grow... I lost alot of strength past couple of months when I left the gym and the last two months I started HIIT which was good also caused me strength loss... but anyways. I will be posting my stats here until I am fasting...

zubda345

zubda345

Awards
  • Established
3rd fast day today

Here's whaT I had to break my fast:
mixed fruit salad, beef paties, veggie roll, fries, samosas (traditional food, basically it's filled with potatoes and spices), milk with added syrup, peaches, and some cucumbers... I was full at the end... I know it's not much protein thou, But I am working on it, I'll eat some meat or eggs too tomorrow.

about 1.5 hour later I went to the gym

GYM - Gym was great today, had awesome pumps, I have lost strength thou...
Incline barbell presses: 20kgx8, 30kgx8, 40kgx8
Flat dumbbell presses: 24kg dumbbell pair for 8 reps. 30kgx8+8. I could have tried the 36kg dumbbells for the last set but some bitch ass was doing one of the most pethetic exercise ever and was not giving me the dumbbell. so I just did what I had to do.

Pumps were good.

After the gym I was still not feeling the need to eat, my stomach couldn't take more eating at that time... I thought of eating like half an hur later but that plan got ruined, so after like an hour and half I ate:
one side of rosted chicken breast. glass of milk. veggie roll. some fries, a peanut butter sandwich and salad.

niZmo

niZmo

Awards
I'd also recommend taking this down as well, works for me:
2 scoops casein, cup of oatmeal, 3 cups of milk, throw in some fruit if you want...blend the **** out of it, and enjoy.

zubda345

zubda345

Awards
  • Established
I'd also recommend taking this down as well, works for me:
2 scoops casein, cup of oatmeal, 3 cups of milk, throw in some fruit if you want...blend the **** out of it, and enjoy.
I'll deff try it man. I just gotta buy some oatmeal 1st. The last can I had is finished. and I think I'll prolly also add in some peanut butter.

keep it posted man, I would appreciate it!

Lukef2000

Lukef2000

Awards
I'm in to follow along man. You might want to try breaking your fast after your workout. Train fasted but make sure you have 10g bcaas prior to working out. Good luck bro.

zubda345

zubda345

Awards
  • Established
I'm in to follow along man. You might want to try breaking your fast after your workout. Train fasted but make sure you have 10g bcaas prior to working out. Good luck bro.
Can't do that man, Fasting this month is a religious thing and I thought it'll be a good advantage to bodybuilding too. Fast breaks at sunset. and If I train fasted I will need to drink alot of water which I can't actually and neighter will I be able to take aminos...

niZmo

niZmo

Awards
Just make sure you don't go crazy when it's time to break it ;) I made that mistake yesterday, and I ended up feeling like crap and wasted a perfectly good day to go :/

zubda345

zubda345

Awards
  • Established
Just make sure you don't go crazy when it's time to break it ;) I made that mistake yesterday, and I ended up feeling like crap and wasted a perfectly good day to go :/
lol what did u do? U went crazy on foods? Felt bloated? I know that feeling.

But i am aiming for like 6000 calories a day which still is a bit difficult for me :p i think i should go a lil bit crazy when it breaks, but still after that alot of eating, i feel like crap n like a pregnant lady.

niZmo

niZmo

Awards
I legit ate half the stuff my mom prepared..for 6 people. Lol cudnt help it, food like what my mom makes comes around only once a year lol

stillnatural

stillnatural

Awards
I know how you feel. Ramadan this year is tuff since its in the middle of the summer. I have been waiting about 2hrs before going to the gym after breaking my fast. What kind of work out system are you following?

zubda345

zubda345

Awards
  • Established
I know how you feel. Ramadan this year is tuff since its in the middle of the summer. I have been waiting about 2hrs before going to the gym after breaking my fast. What kind of work out system are you following?
yeah man it's difficult this time, summers are not good, and its like 40degree c + usually where i live... The workout i am follow a 3011 tempo. But still the workouts might vary depending on my daily statuses...

zubda345

zubda345

Awards
  • Established
I legit ate half the stuff my mom prepared..for 6 people. Lol cudnt help it, food like what my mom makes comes around only once a year lol
hahaha thats real crazy man. I think i will NOT do it anytime soon lol i get bloated very quickly, especially when i wanna eat more, when i wanna eat less bloating is no where to b felt lol.

zubda345

zubda345

Awards
  • Established
Alrighty, its 12:20 pm now and i just woke up at 12. Thinking of going out and get some eggs for me to eat... Maybe some fast food will do the job too :p... Gotta get that protein intake up.

zubda345

zubda345

Awards
  • Established
And whats your plan for fasting? I mean u wanna cut or bulk or just keep up? How's the heat at ur location?

stillnatural

stillnatural

Awards
Im just trying to maintain currently and it's about 90-100 f here. I cut my workouts short to about an hr that way I don't burn as much energy. I'm following 5/3/1 and just focusing on the compound lifts and not so much on accessory. Ramadan is only 28 days this year so it's not too bad.

zubda345

zubda345

Awards
  • Established
Im just trying to maintain currently and it's about 90-100 f here. I cut my workouts short to about an hr that way I don't burn as much energy. I'm following 5/3/1 and just focusing on the compound lifts and not so much on accessory. Ramadan is only 28 days this year so it's not too bad.
ok I see. Ramadan is never bad if a person CAN work it out.

There was no electricity from yesterday night, it just got resumed now.

I need to sleep. Haven't sleept till now.

I will post up the workout and eating stats asap.

Lukef2000

Lukef2000

Awards
Can't do that man, Fasting this month is a religious thing and I thought it'll be a good advantage to bodybuilding too. Fast breaks at sunset. and If I train fasted I will need to drink alot of water which I can't actually and neighter will I be able to take aminos...
Ahh I got ya now man! Good luck with it all!

diggyboo

diggyboo

Awards
Thankyou and Yes Brother, I am fasting for Ramadan. Are you also?
I am a Muslim akhi, just not a good one. Lol I work at a sweat shop factory, I don't think I could make it 12hrs at work without water.

zubda345

zubda345

Awards
  • Established
I am a Muslim akhi, just not a good one. Lol I work at a sweat shop factory, I don't think I could make it 12hrs at work without water.
To be honest with you brother, I am also not a good muslim, but I don't drink and do drugs, I just try to be the best that I can be every moment. and you just have to try... Try it once... and you'll know for yourself...

This is a bodybuilding forum and we are not allowed to discuss anything else than the stuff related to bodybuilding, but if u still wanna discuss it, you can PM me.

zubda345

zubda345

Awards
  • Established
Yesterday

Eat to break the fast: ate fruit salad, dates, Beef paties, chicken and potatoes samosas, lemonade, french fries. And then before going to the gym I had 5 boiled eggs.

GYM​
Deadlifts: 60kg for 9 reps. 70kg for 9 reps.

Underhand chins: 2 sets of 10 reps each, stayed in the bottom half...

BArbell rows: 30kg for 10 reps. 35kg for 9 reps.

After gym eating - had about 350ml of milk. a burrito filled with chicken and sauce, the only bad thing in that was the mayonise...

Note: I have lost alot of strength, the last time I did deadlifts it was 100kg for 8 reps. and the max was 120kg for 5 or 6 reps. now it was hard even doing 70kg for 6 reps. but I somehow pushed myself to 9 reps. also my forearms are sore, I have resumed the gym (to regularity) after about 4 months, and in those 4 months the 1st two months I went to the gym like 4-5 times a months and food was too low. and the later two months I strated HIIT at home and went to tht gym like 2 times in the whole 2 months.... I need to get the strength up...

Bolanrox

Bolanrox

Awards
I'm following along, I am trying to fast myself this month as well, not for religious reasons, just personal here.

rambofireball

rambofireball

Awards
  • Established
Good luck man, I have family doing this too. Looks rough!

Those meals are beastly though!

mir

Awards
The mosque gives us some good high quality food for iftar and dinner (rice, baked chicken, vegetables, and watermelon for dessert) so I'm going to get back into the gym after Taraweeh. Before Ramadan, I usually work out 4 or 5 days a week with cardio. I skipped the past few days just so my body can get used to the fasting. I feel like I'm used to it now, so I'm going to go starting today. Wish me luck!

zubda345

zubda345

Awards
  • Established
I'm following along, I am trying to fast myself this month as well, not for religious reasons, just personal here.
Welcome brother, it'll be great to see you follow... What are your goals while fasting?

zubda345

zubda345

Awards
  • Established
Good luck man, I have family doing this too. Looks rough!

Those meals are beastly though!
Thanks mate...

yeah I am just stuffing myself with food to get the calories, but still I am not enjoying my foods, I want to eat a buffet!

zubda345

zubda345

Awards
  • Established
The mosque gives us some good high quality food for iftar and dinner (rice, baked chicken, vegetables, and watermelon for dessert) so I'm going to get back into the gym after Taraweeh. Before Ramadan, I usually work out 4 or 5 days a week with cardio. I skipped the past few days just so my body can get used to the fasting. I feel like I'm used to it now, so I'm going to go starting today. Wish me luck!
Hey where are you from man? and I wish I could get rice and baked chicken everytime for iftar and dinner...

If you ask me personally you made a good call skipping a few days, now get back in there and start with low intensity and short basic workouts.

Good luck brother! it'll be good to know what u did and how it went.

Bolanrox

Bolanrox

Awards
Welcome brother, it'll be great to see you follow... What are your goals while fasting?
Keep on recomping mainly. Sticking to the basic lg if setup

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

zubda345

zubda345

Awards
  • Established
Keep on recomping mainly. Sticking to the basic lg if setup

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
sounds good... When are you gonna start with it? (if you've already started, how it went?)

zubda345

zubda345

Awards
  • Established
Today​

For breaking the fast today I had less variety of foods... I am getting bored of my foods :/ - Dates, fruit salad, salad, a glass of mango milkshake.

Before going to the gym I ate a lamb meat.

GYM​

Did Shoulders today

Standing Overhead Press with Barbell: 30kg for 14 reps.

DB Side Laterals: 10kg dumbbell pair for 17 reps.

Reverse pec dec: some 6-7 plates for 30 reps.

Barbell Clean and Press, HIIT fashion: (well, here I was supposed to do 6 rounds of 45 secs lifts and 45 secs rest. But what I did was 3 rounds, i'll tell why in the end.) 20kg for 3 rounds.

HIIT cardio: 7 mins, 30secs on 45 secs rest periods.

After exercise had some milk and nothing, wasn't willing to eat anything just cause I am bored of the food I am eating... Gotta fix that!

NOTE - Gym was soo suffocating, Could hardly breathe! there is no AC in the gym, it was hot too! thou I stayed hydrated. As I have said earlier I have lost alot of strength and resumed the gym after a while so my back (from tomorrow's workut) and my forearms are all sore, clean and presses killed my back even more... it was a sucide to keep on doing it in that suffocation so I just left after 3 rounds. My foods, I want a huge buffet every day with variety of foods so I may never ever get bored of foods and keep on eating and can grow... My PR's will come As soon as I regain my strength, till then I am working with the low weights...

Bolanrox

Bolanrox

Awards
sounds good... When are you gonna start with it? (if you've already started, how it went?)
Been doing lg if for a year now started the full day fast on Friday but have done them off and in a few times prior.

mir

Awards
Hey where are you from man? and I wish I could get rice and baked chicken everytime for iftar and dinner...

If you ask me personally you made a good call skipping a few days, now get back in there and start with low intensity and short basic workouts.

Good luck brother! it'll be good to know what u did and how it went.
I live in Florida. It was a little tough at first, getting used to weights after time off, dietary changes, and being later at night. I went lighter and focused more on the eccentric part of lifts with shorter breaks. Felt better as time went on, pumps were pretty good! I did chest tonight in about 30 minutes. I'm curious how I'll feel tomorrow. How is soreness for you?

zubda345

zubda345

Awards
  • Established
Been doing lg if for a year now started the full day fast on Friday but have done them off and in a few times prior.
When u train fasted.. let me know about it.

zubda345

zubda345

Awards
  • Established
I live in Florida. It was a little tough at first, getting used to weights after time off, dietary changes, and being later at night. I went lighter and focused more on the eccentric part of lifts with shorter breaks. Felt better as time went on, pumps were pretty good! I did chest tonight in about 30 minutes. I'm curious how I'll feel tomorrow. How is soreness for you?
good man. Let me know how ur chest workout went.

Soreness for me.... well, it depends... I like soreness, but this soreness which is when you train after soo many off days... this is bad, well not bad and I don't DISLIKE it. I just hope for it to go away soon and leaving me strong...

zubda345

zubda345

Awards
  • Established
Broke the fast about 50mins ago... time to load up something more in me and then after like 30 mins off to the gym to train some arms.

Bolanrox

Bolanrox

Awards
When u train fasted.. let me know about it.
I train fasted (BCAA only) every Sunday - never noticed any real change in pumps or progression of weights. If anything it is usually better lifts :)

zubda345

zubda345

Awards
  • Established
I train fasted (BCAA only) every Sunday - never noticed any real change in pumps or progression of weights. If anything it is usually better lifts :)
yeah same's the case with me. But my lifts aren't affected too if I haven't stoped weight training I would still be going same with the lifts like it was before fasting days, but just wid a lil low weight

zubda345

zubda345

Awards
  • Established
Today ARMS

Triceps:

Close grip bench: 40kg for 15 reps.

Rope cable pushdowns: 5plates for 15 reps.
Overhead extensions: 6 plates for 15 reps. last 3 were hard. couldn't contract at the end.
Skull Crushers: 15kg for 15 reps. (20kg felt heavy ****K!! I used to do 30kg on these!! :( not too long ago... :[)
Dips: 14 reps.

Biceps:
Underhand pullups: 10 reps. stayed in the top portion.
Close grip barbell precher curls: 5kg for 15 reps. On fat bar.
Incline dumbbell curls: 10kg dumbbells for 30 reps (15 reps each arm)
Incline dumbbell hammer curls: 10kg dumbbells for 30 reps. (15 reps each arm)
Barbell Curls: 10kg for 15 reps.

Forearms:
Wrist Curls: 10kg x 40reps
Barbell hold: 64kg for about 20 secs (couldn't get the 74kg)
Reverse curls: barbell without weights for 20 reps.

zubda345

zubda345

Awards
  • Established
Eating to break the fast: today I ate alot... drank alot... had some dates at 1st. 3 beef sandwiches, about 500ml of mango milkshake, rice with chicken, lemonade. At the end I was soo feeling to puke..

GYM - Hamstrings

Stiffed leg deads: 70kg for 2 sets each for 8 reps. SORENESS is GONE. Now I can do a bit heavy pulling I feel...

Lying leg Curls: 4plates for 8 reps. 5 plates for 8 reps. 4plates for 8 really slow +ves and streach at the start position reps.

I also did 2 sets of standing calves for 10 reps before and 2 sets after my exercise....

After gym - I ate noodles and mutton after like 1.5 or 2 hours of my training...

As for eating again before sunrise, I don't know what will I have...

zubda345

zubda345

Awards
  • Established
To break the fast today: I had chicken, dates, french fries, some salad, an ICECREAM (long waited Magnum Chocolate Truffle :D) and about 600-700ml of Motain dew :p

Took an off day from the gym, Finally some rest..

yazan

yazan

Awards
Good luck bro. Fellow fasting Muslim in the hood lol. I sub'd to see how it works out for u. Best of luck dude. TRaining during Ramadan is hard as hell

zubda345

zubda345

Awards
  • Established
Good luck bro. Fellow fasting Muslim in the hood lol. I sub'd to see how it works out for u. Best of luck dude. TRaining during Ramadan is hard as hell
Yes brother... Thankyou, And yes it's hard but still it's good :)

aNd keep it posted. :)

zubda345

zubda345

Awards
  • Established
Today for breaking the fast: salads mixed traditional types, Pattie, sweet milk.

Then I did Cardio for 10-12 mins, supposed to be 15 mins but lights were ****ing alot and without fan... and had **** to take care of so it was the only thing I done...

Also after the cardio I ate beef rice... it was ok today.... Not what it should be like but ok

zubda345

zubda345

Awards
  • Established
Eating today was normal... Had less food this time as compared to before, but protein intake was ok.

GYM - Trained quads.

Barbell squats - 40kg x 12. Narrow stance.
Leg presses - 210kg x 17. Shoulder wide stance. This got hard.
Lunges - Without weights. 5 mins, 30 secs working and 30 secs rest.
Leg Extensions - 3 plates x 30 reps. 2 rest pauses

zubda345

zubda345

Awards
  • Established
it's 5:18am I finished eating for my 11th fast today at about 3:40 am.

Now I guess I'll be going to sleep in a bit... or maybe watch a movie a lil who knows....

yazan

yazan

Awards
What do u eat for early breakfast? I usually drink some water and that's it