Training and Fasting - AnabolicMinds.com - Page 5

Training and Fasting

Page 5 of 5 First ... 345
  1. New Member
    Stats
    5'5"  175 lbs.

no gym... Unplanned offday...

was out with a cousin, even I had to open my fast at his home... couldn't get to the gym... gonna do chest tomorrow

"If u don't have something, and want it to be yours... ask for it, if u don't get it... demand for it... if u still don't get it... work for it... Still don't get it?? then U have the right to TAKE IT!!!"

2. New Member
    Stats
    5'5"  175 lbs.

Name:  Bob Paris - 1980.jpg
Views: 77
Size:  34.1 KB

Bob Paris - 1980

"If u don't have something, and want it to be yours... ask for it, if u don't get it... demand for it... if u still don't get it... work for it... Still don't get it?? then U have the right to TAKE IT!!!"
  3. Banned

You get loads of energy, you feel light and not bloated all the time. Try 36 hours, (24 plus a sleep) you know its working cos youre hands and feet get cold (body conserving energy). Make sure your first and ladt neal are healthy and clean
    •   

4. New Member
    Stats
    5'5"  175 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by RogerBob View Post
    You get loads of energy, you feel light and not bloated all the time. Try 36 hours, (24 plus a sleep) you know its working cos youre hands and feet get cold (body conserving energy). Make sure your first and ladt neal are healthy and clean
    Yupp! body starts to conserve enery calorie every bit of energy it has to use it in the time of need, It also squeezes those calories and gets maximum energy out of em! I call it body going in to "SURVIVAL MODE!"

I would DAMN love to do that atleast once! who knows I might just d it tomorrow!

5. New Member
    Stats
    5'5"  175 lbs.

No training today too...

Had some **** to talk care of...

3 straight off days

6. New Member
    Stats
    5'5"  175 lbs.

Well... This is ****!! 3rd day no training!!!

7. New Member
    Stats
    5'5"  175 lbs.

Aaahhhh finally!! Went to the gym today... Did that chest workout... It was just great... Pump was awesome!!

Had chicken wing, milk, fries to break the fast.

---Gym---

Wide pushups 3x8
    Incline wide grip bench 60kg x 7, 55kg x 8, 60kg x 6.
    Flat dumbbell flyes: 3plates each side dumbbell 3x8. (awesome movement... I used to hate flyes... Now they feel good. But still I don't open my hands wide too much.)

Dips 3x8

8. New Member
    Stats
    5'5"  175 lbs.

This was the 29th fast today...

Tomorrow will be my last, 30th fast... Then 3 days of eve of eid....

9. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'9"  182 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by zubda345
    This was the 29th fast today...

Tomorrow will be my last, 30th fast... Then 3 days of eve of eid....
    So are u going to continue with the fasting?

JD
  10. New Member
    Stats
    5'5"  175 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by BLaQz

So are u going to continue with the fasting?

JD
    Well... I will take some days off of fasting then i might go to intermediate fasting or even modify it... Ill start a training thread again n will let u know...

I will also post up a review of fasting n training here later, stay tuned.

11. New Member
    Stats
    5'5"  175 lbs.

Just one or two more days people... a full feedback of my month of fasting is comming...

12. New Member
    Stats
    5'5"  175 lbs.

Overall Feedback

Ok so here it is...

As far as Fasting goes, for me, I had some good things to say and some bad...

Good things:
    1st of all, I ejoyed eating 2 huge meals.
    2ndly, The pumps and the performance in the gym recovered fast.
    3rd, I was able to sleep for long time and deep sleeps.
    4th, I got back on the track while eating BS foods everyday without adding fat.
    5th, To be honest I feel that I have lost some fat and vascularity also got improved a bit.

Bad Things:
    1st, living without water all dayliht hours especially in this heat SUCKS BIG TIME!
    2nd, Some days I got hungry and wished to eat a lil bit.
    3rd, I also got dehydrated on like my 14th fast or so which was bad! and also on my 23rd or 25th or 27th fast. and also after my fasts were over.
    4th, Getting bloated with those big meals was a f-u-c-k time problem for me.
    5th, making myself eat everything I could get was a lil unsatisfactory.

All in all it was a good experience... these were religious fasts, I decided to use em for my bodybuilding advantage too, that's why I was not able to stay hydrated all day long....

I really enjoyed em and they gave me a good advanatge... I will definately fast again sometime and will start a new topic then... Hope all the guys will follow and support me on that too.

---Thanks and Cheers!

13. Banned

Can I recommend, next time round, you do a none-religious fast, as I strongly dont agrree with these 'no water fasts', afterall we are essentially 90% water as humans. Im betting you got as low as 45% water, which cant be good for anything.
    You need to flush in to flush out, its the same as washing your car, collecting up all the dirty water and washing it with that, you just dont get clean!
    This is why you also went into dehydration, youre body was not getting enough, theres no cals in water so its not a fast breaker.
    Ive just completed another 36 hour fast after a week away last week eating in restaurants and drinking lots of ales (admitedly, real ales with lots of nutrients, but still!) and i feel really good for it! The euphoria you get at about 20-22 hours is worth the wait in itself!
    This will also help your bloating issues, as you will grab onto any liquid you can after a water fast or bought of dehydration
    Also, water can swell the stomach, so if you feel hungry, downing a hot drink or pint of water can get you extra milage. If using fasting for slimming, when it does come to the feeding window, just eat slow and small and work up as your stomach is tiny by this point, again this will make it more comfortable.

With all the above, you should have removed all the negatives, meaning fasting can be a lifestyle change opposed to a one off

Good work sticking at it though!
  14. New Member

Quote Originally Posted by RogerBob
    Can I recommend, next time round, you do a none-religious fast, as I strongly dont agrree with these 'no water fasts', afterall we are essentially 90% water as humans. Im betting you got as low as 45% water, which cant be good for anything.
    You need to flush in to flush out, its the same as washing your car, collecting up all the dirty water and washing it with that, you just dont get clean!
    This is why you also went into dehydration, youre body was not getting enough, theres no cals in water so its not a fast breaker.
    Ive just completed another 36 hour fast after a week away last week eating in restaurants and drinking lots of ales (admitedly, real ales with lots of nutrients, but still!) and i feel really good for it! The euphoria you get at about 20-22 hours is worth the wait in itself!
    This will also help your bloating issues, as you will grab onto any liquid you can after a water fast or bought of dehydration
    Also, water can swell the stomach, so if you feel hungry, downing a hot drink or pint of water can get you extra milage. If using fasting for slimming, when it does come to the feeding window, just eat slow and small and work up as your stomach is tiny by this point, again this will make it more comfortable.

With all the above, you should have removed all the negatives, meaning fasting can be a lifestyle change opposed to a one off

Good ideas. I was thinking about keeping the little eating life, but right after eid I went to Ihop with my friends and had a nice big steak with a serving of corn and mashed potatoes. No more diet for me lol
  15. New Member
    Stats
    5'5"  175 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by RogerBob View Post

Thankyou for all the info... I was think of fasting again in about a month or so... it'll deff be a non religious fast and I will be able to drink as much water as I want... I'll surely do that soon....

Yeah I should have removed the negatives because if we remove the religious factor! fasting has NO -VES in my sight!! but still I wanted to write down all the +ve and -ve things I felt for THIS fasting I did...

Your replies were v v informative and v v much appreciated!

Thanks for following on!

16. New Member
    Stats
    5'5"  175 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by yazan View Post
    Good ideas. I was thinking about keeping the little eating life, but right after eid I went to Ihop with my friends and had a nice big steak with a serving of corn and mashed potatoes. No more diet for me lol
    lmao!

u know I can relate to that! al the 3 days of eid! I also had some cheat foods every day :P

it was awesome!! but I still didn't got v dirty! I wanna eat more junk now :P

no tight dieting for me too for some days :P

but to be honest I keep my diet not too clean and not to dirty... I SHOULD diet strict!

•   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Personal Training and Nutritionists
    By ItriedtoripoffBobosonowIamgonehaveaniceday in forum General Chat
    Replies: 100
    Last Post: 02-13-2006, 08:53 PM
  2. Very Early AM Training and Pre Workout Nutrition
    By David Dunn in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 03-15-2005, 12:30 PM
  3. Leg training and shaky legs.
    By SeaHawk22 in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-27-2005, 09:36 AM
  4. Average Slow Twitch and Fast Twitch Composition?
    By jeepthang in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 10-20-2003, 01:41 AM
  5. Training and Treament for herniated disc(s)
    By windwords7 in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 01-07-2003, 01:00 AM