Training and Fasting - AnabolicMinds.com - Page 3

Training and Fasting

Page 3 of 5 First 12345 Last
  1. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'1"  195 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by zubda345 View Post
    Who are Hodge twins??
    Two entertaining guys who run videos on YouTube about lifting/supplements. Usually open every video with "Ey man, you tryna build some muscle?" or some variation
    Millennium Sport Technologies Representative
    www . millenniumsport . net

2. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'9"  182 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by zubda345
    I feel hell guilty when I eat dirty bro... Working on revealing my abs... Vanity is a bitch, but when u look good, u feel good... I'm going to invest in some meal replacements to help get them calories in & see how that goes...

I'm taking 6g Kre-alkalyn daily
    When my Superpump Max & Sizeon get here(I buy online) I'll be taking that on workout days...
  3. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'9"  182 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by yazan

Eh bro wanna know how it's working for u. But here is some advice. Fast your days in a row because if u eat good then it's easier to fast in a row these to fast 1 day eat the second and fast the 3rd because your body has to adjust and it's harder. Just some advice I learned over the years lol
    Hey man, so for example in a 6 day period only eat on days 1,3,4,6? Is that what u mean?
    •   

4. New Member
    Stats
    5'6"  144 lbs.

Well, smoking has to go... I think you know that...

What happened to your father? is he ok?
    Lol I know one of these days...
    He is having his gallbladder removed today. He should be ok though.
  5. New Member
    Stats
    5'5"  175 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by jwa254 View Post
    Two entertaining guys who run videos on YouTube about lifting/supplements. Usually open every video with "Ey man, you tryna build some muscle?" or some variation
    Ohh those guys! yeah they are cool!

"If u don't have something, and want it to be yours... ask for it, if u don't get it... demand for it... if u still don't get it... work for it... Still don't get it?? then U have the right to TAKE IT!!!"
  6. New Member
    Stats
    5'5"  175 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by BLaQz View Post
    I feel hell guilty when I eat dirty bro... Working on revealing my abs... Vanity is a bitch, but when u look good, u feel good... I'm going to invest in some meal replacements to help get them calories in & see how that goes...

I'm taking 6g Kre-alkalyn daily
    When my Superpump Max & Sizeon get here(I buy online) I'll be taking that on workout days...
    Well... same was/still is the case with me... I'll go out to buy an icecream but won't. End up buying some snacks or a fruit juice just cause icecream's gonna harm me lol but what the hell! Ima get it soon! :P

one should also do what he wants to do side by side looking good...

Yeah u do that... I wish I had money to buy some supps....

"If u don't have something, and want it to be yours... ask for it, if u don't get it... demand for it... if u still don't get it... work for it... Still don't get it?? then U have the right to TAKE IT!!!"
  7. New Member
    Stats
    5'5"  175 lbs.

Hey man, so for example in a 6 day period only eat on days 1,3,4,6? Is that what u mean?
    nooo, he means that you should do fasting in a row... not like you fast 1st day, don't fast the 2nd and then again fast the 3rd. Like, be consistant with your fasting... don't break the fasting days cycle...

8. New Member
    Stats
    5'5"  175 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by niZmo View Post
    well best of luck then... just dig down deep.. one CAN change a habit....

Ohh I pray and hope he'll be fine then...

9. New Member
    Stats
    5'5"  175 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by niZmo View Post
    well best of luck then... just dig down deep.. one CAN change a habit....

Ohh I pray and hope he'll be fine then...

10. New Member
    Stats
    5'5"  175 lbs.

Today to break the fast: Chicken bread, Chicken Pattie, Salad, water.. it was clean today....
    GYM

Deadlifts: 80kg x 6
    Bent barbell rows: 30kg x 20

5 mins of cardio cycling.

It was a realllly short ass workout today...

NOTE - well I think the strength is comming... deffinately gonna try 90kg on deads nxt time and on barbell rows, even today I though I could do atleast 40-50kg but didn't... left it for another HEAVY day.

11. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'9"  182 lbs.

nooo, he means that you should do fasting in a row... not like you fast 1st day, don't fast the 2nd and then again fast the 3rd. Like, be consistant with your fasting... don't break the fasting days cycle...
    Cool, understood...

Supps are pretty expensive, but buying online overseas is the way I'm getting my supps...
  12. New Member
    Stats
    5'5"  175 lbs.

Cool, understood...

Supps are pretty expensive, but buying online overseas is the way I'm getting my supps...
    yeah man they are expensive... Buying overseas costs less??? what about shipping cost? I think they'll cost more or same...

13. Banned

dDrag the fasting out to 16 hours in the day, and eat like a monster before sunrise and after 11pm, job done. You're just doing I.F. then like I do to lose weight
  14. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'9"  182 lbs.

yeah man they are expensive... Buying overseas costs less??? what about shipping cost? I think they'll cost more or same...
    Got my Kre-alkalyn, Superpump Max & Sizeon for just under $120...
  15. New Member
    Stats
    5'5"  175 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by RogerBob View Post
    dDrag the fasting out to 16 hours in the day, and eat like a monster before sunrise and after 11pm, job done. You're just doing I.F. then like I do to lose weight
    who's dDrag?

and can you explain? + any suggestions or pointers?

16. New Member
    Stats
    5'5"  175 lbs.

Got my Kre-alkalyn, Superpump Max & Sizeon for just under $120...
    well a $100 for me, to manage is a bit difficult... I don't earn nor do I get a fixed pocketmoney... but still I think I can manage some money after fasting on the eve of EID.

we'll see.

from which web u ordered?

17. New Member
    Stats
    5'5"  175 lbs.

DId only 15 mins of HIIT today.

30 secs on 45 secs rest.... it was brutal without a fan! Lights were out!

18. New Member
    Stats
    5'5"  175 lbs.

After breaking the fast I went to they gym....

Today's workout was just epic!

GYM

Triceps:

Closer Grip Bench Press: 60kg x 8
    Narrow Grip Skullcrushers: 15kg x 8
    Overhead Narrow Grip Skullcrushers: 15kg x 10
    V-Bar Pushdowns: 15 reps.

Biceps:

Underhand Grip Pullups: 10 reps.
    High Cable Curls: 4plates x 12 reps.
    Incline DB Hammer Curls: 12kg dumbbells for 15 reps.
    Incline DB curls: 12kg dumbbells for 8 reps.
    Barbell Curls: 10kg x 8
    Crossbody Hammer Curls: 6kg dumbbell for 15 reps (each arm)

Reverse Barbell Curls: 10kg x 20 reps.
    Wrist Curls: 20kg x 20 reps.

This was really Intense! thou 1 set on each won't seem much but it was perfect! awesome awesome pump! really The most EPIC workout of my fasting!

19. New Member

Quote Originally Posted by BLaQz

No as in 1,2,3 in a row. Not 1,3,5. Just an example. It's easier for your body to stay on the same schedule than to switch it back and forth
  20. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

What hours of the day are you fasting zubda? Just the daylight hours? If so are you eating prior to sunup?
  21. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'9"  182 lbs.

well a $100 for me, to manage is a bit difficult... I don't earn nor do I get a fixed pocketmoney... but still I think I can manage some money after fasting on the eve of EID.

we'll see.

from which web u ordered?
    I use Ebay to buy everything... If you don't use supplements usually & also if cash is an issue, try using a good PWO to begin with...
  22. Enhanced Body Formulations REP
    Stats
    5'11"  175 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

so how would one minimise cortisol after training before breaking the fast.
    assume: training at 7am, finish by 8:30am (5x5 and then cardio)
    break fast, 1-8pm...
    thoughts if "CORTISOL" is what we are trying to reduce especially for abs
    ...::: EBF REP :::...
    Recompadrol-AAv2-Metabolic Pow(d)er
    THE FUTURE OF LEAN
  23. New Member
    Stats
    5'5"  175 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Lukef2000 View Post
    What hours of the day are you fasting zubda? Just the daylight hours? If so are you eating prior to sunup?
    Well I eat before sunrise (can't eat after that).. that is like just before 4am. 5-10 mins before, and after some days it'll go past 4am too I guess.

and I break the fast AT sunset that is like 6:58pm (which was today) so I guess yeah, it's only the daylight hours!

I usually start to eat at 3:20am or some time like that, but if I am hungry before that I might also eat at that time...

24. New Member
    Stats
    5'5"  175 lbs.

I use Ebay to buy everything... If you don't use supplements usually & also if cash is an issue, try using a good PWO to begin with...
    Usually ebay.com don't ship where I live....

well I have used SOME supplements before...

25. New Member
    Stats
    5'5"  175 lbs.

I am soo soo damn pissed off! I am all angry at my family members! They won't give me money, won't buy me a bike! and when it's my time to go to the gym it's either they give me some work to do or they need the bike and it's unavailable and I can't go to the gym! it's happens ALOT! I can't go to the gym WHEN I want to often! Now today my father took the bike and returned home at 10:30pm when the gym is closed!

I really badly wanted to train today! I got in me proteins to break the fast and I was ready to hit it hard today!

****IN UNPLANNED OFF DAY!!

26. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  235 lbs.

Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by runner_79 View Post
    so how would one minimise cortisol after training before breaking the fast.
    assume: training at 7am, finish by 8:30am (5x5 and then cardio)
    break fast, 1-8pm...
    thoughts if "CORTISOL" is what we are trying to reduce especially for abs
    Cortisol during/after weight training isn't really something to be feared about unless your doing a 2 hour high volume high intensity workout aka marathon workouts, I see your doing a 5x5 protocol then cardio(how long? high or low intensity?), which isn't going to be too stressful so I wouldn't worry too much, it really comes down to getting in your daily macro nutrients, if you got them the day before and your not killing yourself in the gym you should be fine.
    *LG Sciences Board Rep*
    Changing Lives is what I crave.
  27. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.

Well I eat before sunrise (can't eat after that).. that is like just before 4am. 5-10 mins before, and after some days it'll go past 4am too I guess.

and I break the fast AT sunset that is like 6:58pm (which was today) so I guess yeah, it's only the daylight hours!

I usually start to eat at 3:20am or some time like that, but if I am hungry before that I might also eat at that time...
    Why don't you try the warrior diet? It would fit into you Ramadan fasting. It's 20hrs straight fasting with a four hour feeding window. That way your not breaking your fast in the morning. muscle catabolism will not occur until over 36 hours from memory.
  28. New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lukef2000

Why don't you try the warrior diet? It would fit into you Ramadan fasting. It's 20hrs straight fasting with a four hour feeding window. That way your not breaking your fast in the morning. muscle catabolism will not occur until over 36 hours from memory.
    How is that good for muscle growth?
  29. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by yazan

Just because it's a small feeding window doesn't mean you eat any less food. You just have a lot of food in 1 - 2 big meals. One of the major benefits of fasting is it's effect on HGH. Fasting long periods can increase HGH by up to 200%.
  30. New Member
    Stats
    5'5"  175 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by yazan View Post
    Just because it's a small feeding window doesn't mean you eat any less food. You just have a lot of food in 1 - 2 big meals. One of the major benefits of fasting is it's effect on HGH. Fasting long periods can increase HGH by up to 200%.
    Well.... I think I can do that, but sometimes in this 15.5-16hours of fast I feel a bit hungry... and if I decide to do it I'll prolly have to manage ALOT of healthy and good foods + green salad to help me NOT feel bloated... I don't think I'll just start it right on, I'll think about it today and then post up what I thought....

31. Banned

You need to see horizon, bbc documentary. 'eat, fast, live long'
  32. New Member
    Stats
    5'5"  175 lbs.

Today to break the fast I had a Fried Chicken breast, some salad, a lil fruits, pulses, and baked white bread.

TRAINING:

Delts:
    Behind the back standing shoulder presses: 25kg x 10 (smooth and controlled)
    Seated dumbbell presses: 18kg dumbbell pair x 8 reps.
    Side laterals: 10kg dumbbell pair x 10 reps. (Not letting the dumbbells hit my legs, controlling and keeping tension on em)
    Reverse pec dec: 7plates x 10 reps.
    Barbell Incline front raises: fat bar without weights x 12 reps (THIS - KILLS!)
    Wide grip upright rows: 20kgx10 reps. (end 3 reps were hard)

NOTE: This is what I was SUPPOSED to do yesterday!

after gym had a glass of milk, and after 2 hours of that had an icecream and 100grams of noodles (70grams carbs + 10grams proteins)

33. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'9"  182 lbs.

Today to break the fast I had a Fried Chicken breast, some salad, a lil fruits, pulses, and baked white bread.

TRAINING:

Delts:
    Behind the back standing shoulder presses: 25kg x 10 (smooth and controlled)
    Seated dumbbell presses: 18kg dumbbell pair x 8 reps.
    Side laterals: 10kg dumbbell pair x 10 reps. (Not letting the dumbbells hit my legs, controlling and keeping tension on em)
    Reverse pec dec: 7plates x 10 reps.
    Barbell Incline front raises: fat bar without weights x 12 reps (THIS - KILLS!)
    Wide grip upright rows: 20kgx10 reps. (end 3 reps were hard)

NOTE: This is what I was SUPPOSED to do yesterday!

after gym had a glass of milk, and after 2 hours of that had an icecream and 100grams of noodles (70grams carbs + 10grams proteins)
    So are you managing with getting your calories in now? I'm still struggling with that, but my workouts are going great...

My arms have gained & my chest measurement is down only due to fat loss though, so it's a good thing... Got to get all my measurements done... I'm just to lazy... I do girth measurements too often on other people... I prefer the mirror & measuring my performance...
  34. New Member
    Stats
    5'5"  175 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by RogerBob View Post
    You need to see horizon, bbc documentary. 'eat, fast, live long'
    I searched it on youtube... it's like a 5 minutes video only...

35. New Member
    Stats
    5'5"  175 lbs.

So are you managing with getting your calories in now? I'm still struggling with that, but my workouts are going great...

My arms have gained & my chest measurement is down only due to fat loss though, so it's a good thing... Got to get all my measurements done... I'm just to lazy... I do girth measurements too often on other people... I prefer the mirror & measuring my performance...
    Naah man... I am also struggling with it... workouts are good thou...

That great to know that u have gained muscle and lost fat.... Mirror is better!

if i see myself I feel that my arms are commin up but I won't take it as growing just yet...

36. New Member
    Stats
    5'5"  175 lbs.

To break the fast today: dates, fries, pattie, milk with soda LIL FOOD SUCKS :/

GYM - LEGS:

BARBELL SQUATS (NARROW STANCE): 40kgx10 50kgx8

WIDE LEG PRESS: 200kgx10+10

LOW FOOD TODAY BUT DANG ALOT OF WATER! Water makes me bloated :P

@BLaQz You see now... real low food :/

sometimes I can manage and sometimes I can't :/

I gotta get me a JOB!

37. New Member
    Stats
    5'5"  175 lbs.

Well.... I think I can do that, but sometimes in this 15.5-16hours of fast I feel a bit hungry... and if I decide to do it I'll prolly have to manage ALOT of healthy and good foods + green salad to help me NOT feel bloated... I don't think I'll just start it right on, I'll think about it today and then post up what I thought....
    I thought about it! It's that I can't make myself do that from tomorrow, to do that I'll have to extend it (my fasting time) slowly... Like form 16 hours (in which I do feel hungry if I am not sleeping/slept for like 7-8 hours of my fast) to 17 hours and make it go all that way to 20hours...

38. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  235 lbs.

Reputation Reputation

GYM - LEGS:

I gotta get me a JOB!
    Do it! Don't say it! Do it!
    *LG Sciences Board Rep*
  39. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  235 lbs.

Reputation Reputation

GYM - LEGS:

I gotta get me a JOB!
    *LG Sciences Board Rep*
  40. New Member
    Stats
    5'5"  175 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by TheHardOne View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TheHardOne View Post
    I'll Do it twice now

yes man I have applied for an advertisment job... will know if I am appointed in a week.

•   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Personal Training and Nutritionists
    By ItriedtoripoffBobosonowIamgonehaveaniceday in forum General Chat
    Replies: 100
    Last Post: 02-13-2006, 08:53 PM
  2. Very Early AM Training and Pre Workout Nutrition
    By David Dunn in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 03-15-2005, 12:30 PM
  3. Leg training and shaky legs.
    By SeaHawk22 in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-27-2005, 09:36 AM
  4. Average Slow Twitch and Fast Twitch Composition?
    By jeepthang in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 10-20-2003, 01:41 AM
  5. Training and Treament for herniated disc(s)
    By windwords7 in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 01-07-2003, 01:00 AM