Training and Fasting

Page 2 of 8 First 1234 ... Last

  1. The mosque gives us some good high quality food for iftar and dinner (rice, baked chicken, vegetables, and watermelon for dessert) so I'm going to get back into the gym after Taraweeh. Before Ramadan, I usually work out 4 or 5 days a week with cardio. I skipped the past few days just so my body can get used to the fasting. I feel like I'm used to it now, so I'm going to go starting today. Wish me luck!


  2. Subbed bro let's see some PRs
    Email me for free prodigy samples
    [email protected]
    www.pni-online.com
    •   
       


  3. Quote Originally Posted by Bolanrox View Post
    I'm following along, I am trying to fast myself this month as well, not for religious reasons, just personal here.
    Welcome brother, it'll be great to see you follow... What are your goals while fasting?

  4. Quote Originally Posted by rambofireball View Post
    Good luck man, I have family doing this too. Looks rough!

    Those meals are beastly though!
    Thanks mate...

    yeah I am just stuffing myself with food to get the calories, but still I am not enjoying my foods, I want to eat a buffet!

  5. Quote Originally Posted by mir View Post
    The mosque gives us some good high quality food for iftar and dinner (rice, baked chicken, vegetables, and watermelon for dessert) so I'm going to get back into the gym after Taraweeh. Before Ramadan, I usually work out 4 or 5 days a week with cardio. I skipped the past few days just so my body can get used to the fasting. I feel like I'm used to it now, so I'm going to go starting today. Wish me luck!
    Hey where are you from man? and I wish I could get rice and baked chicken everytime for iftar and dinner...

    If you ask me personally you made a good call skipping a few days, now get back in there and start with low intensity and short basic workouts.

    Good luck brother! it'll be good to know what u did and how it went.
    •   
       


  6. Quote Originally Posted by howwedo107 View Post
    Subbed bro let's see some PRs
    Thankx man! Ima make some prs as soon as I get my strength back and this soreness away.

  7. Quote Originally Posted by zubda345 View Post
    Welcome brother, it'll be great to see you follow... What are your goals while fasting?
    Keep on recomping mainly. Sticking to the basic lg if setup

    Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

  8. Quote Originally Posted by Bolanrox View Post
    Keep on recomping mainly. Sticking to the basic lg if setup

    Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    sounds good... When are you gonna start with it? (if you've already started, how it went?)

  9. Today


    For breaking the fast today I had less variety of foods... I am getting bored of my foods :/ - Dates, fruit salad, salad, a glass of mango milkshake.

    Before going to the gym I ate a lamb meat.


    GYM


    Did Shoulders today

    Standing Overhead Press with Barbell: 30kg for 14 reps.

    DB Side Laterals: 10kg dumbbell pair for 17 reps.

    Reverse pec dec: some 6-7 plates for 30 reps.

    Barbell Clean and Press, HIIT fashion: (well, here I was supposed to do 6 rounds of 45 secs lifts and 45 secs rest. But what I did was 3 rounds, i'll tell why in the end.) 20kg for 3 rounds.

    HIIT cardio: 7 mins, 30secs on 45 secs rest periods.

    After exercise had some milk and nothing, wasn't willing to eat anything just cause I am bored of the food I am eating... Gotta fix that!

    NOTE - Gym was soo suffocating, Could hardly breathe! there is no AC in the gym, it was hot too! thou I stayed hydrated. As I have said earlier I have lost alot of strength and resumed the gym after a while so my back (from tomorrow's workut) and my forearms are all sore, clean and presses killed my back even more... it was a sucide to keep on doing it in that suffocation so I just left after 3 rounds. My foods, I want a huge buffet every day with variety of foods so I may never ever get bored of foods and keep on eating and can grow... My PR's will come As soon as I regain my strength, till then I am working with the low weights...

  10. Quote Originally Posted by zubda345 View Post
    sounds good... When are you gonna start with it? (if you've already started, how it went?)
    Been doing lg if for a year now started the full day fast on Friday but have done them off and in a few times prior.

  11. Quote Originally Posted by zubda345 View Post
    Hey where are you from man? and I wish I could get rice and baked chicken everytime for iftar and dinner...

    If you ask me personally you made a good call skipping a few days, now get back in there and start with low intensity and short basic workouts.

    Good luck brother! it'll be good to know what u did and how it went.
    I live in Florida. It was a little tough at first, getting used to weights after time off, dietary changes, and being later at night. I went lighter and focused more on the eccentric part of lifts with shorter breaks. Felt better as time went on, pumps were pretty good! I did chest tonight in about 30 minutes. I'm curious how I'll feel tomorrow. How is soreness for you?

  12. Quote Originally Posted by Bolanrox View Post
    Been doing lg if for a year now started the full day fast on Friday but have done them off and in a few times prior.
    When u train fasted.. let me know about it.

  13. Quote Originally Posted by mir View Post
    I live in Florida. It was a little tough at first, getting used to weights after time off, dietary changes, and being later at night. I went lighter and focused more on the eccentric part of lifts with shorter breaks. Felt better as time went on, pumps were pretty good! I did chest tonight in about 30 minutes. I'm curious how I'll feel tomorrow. How is soreness for you?
    good man. Let me know how ur chest workout went.

    Soreness for me.... well, it depends... I like soreness, but this soreness which is when you train after soo many off days... this is bad, well not bad and I don't DISLIKE it. I just hope for it to go away soon and leaving me strong...

  14. Broke the fast about 50mins ago... time to load up something more in me and then after like 30 mins off to the gym to train some arms.

  15. Quote Originally Posted by zubda345 View Post
    When u train fasted.. let me know about it.
    I train fasted (BCAA only) every Sunday - never noticed any real change in pumps or progression of weights. If anything it is usually better lifts

  16. Quote Originally Posted by Bolanrox View Post
    I train fasted (BCAA only) every Sunday - never noticed any real change in pumps or progression of weights. If anything it is usually better lifts
    yeah same's the case with me. But my lifts aren't affected too if I haven't stoped weight training I would still be going same with the lifts like it was before fasting days, but just wid a lil low weight

  17. Today ARMS

    Triceps:

    Close grip bench: 40kg for 15 reps.

    Rope cable pushdowns: 5plates for 15 reps.
    Overhead extensions: 6 plates for 15 reps. last 3 were hard. couldn't contract at the end.
    Skull Crushers: 15kg for 15 reps. (20kg felt heavy ****K!! I used to do 30kg on these!! not too long ago... :[)
    Dips: 14 reps.

    Biceps:
    Underhand pullups: 10 reps. stayed in the top portion.
    Close grip barbell precher curls: 5kg for 15 reps. On fat bar.
    Incline dumbbell curls: 10kg dumbbells for 30 reps (15 reps each arm)
    Incline dumbbell hammer curls: 10kg dumbbells for 30 reps. (15 reps each arm)
    Barbell Curls: 10kg for 15 reps.

    Forearms:
    Wrist Curls: 10kg x 40reps
    Barbell hold: 64kg for about 20 secs (couldn't get the 74kg)
    Reverse curls: barbell without weights for 20 reps.

  18. Eating to break the fast: today I ate alot... drank alot... had some dates at 1st. 3 beef sandwiches, about 500ml of mango milkshake, rice with chicken, lemonade. At the end I was soo feeling to puke..

    GYM - Hamstrings

    Stiffed leg deads: 70kg for 2 sets each for 8 reps. SORENESS is GONE. Now I can do a bit heavy pulling I feel...

    Lying leg Curls: 4plates for 8 reps. 5 plates for 8 reps. 4plates for 8 really slow +ves and streach at the start position reps.

    I also did 2 sets of standing calves for 10 reps before and 2 sets after my exercise....


    After gym - I ate noodles and mutton after like 1.5 or 2 hours of my training...

    As for eating again before sunrise, I don't know what will I have...

  19. To break the fast today: I had chicken, dates, french fries, some salad, an ICECREAM (long waited Magnum Chocolate Truffle ) and about 600-700ml of Motain dew :P

    Took an off day from the gym, Finally some rest..

  20. Good luck bro. Fellow fasting Muslim in the hood lol. I sub'd to see how it works out for u. Best of luck dude. TRaining during Ramadan is hard as hell

  21. Quote Originally Posted by yazan View Post
    Good luck bro. Fellow fasting Muslim in the hood lol. I sub'd to see how it works out for u. Best of luck dude. TRaining during Ramadan is hard as hell
    Yes brother... Thankyou, And yes it's hard but still it's good

    aNd keep it posted.

  22. Today for breaking the fast: salads mixed traditional types, Pattie, sweet milk.

    Then I did Cardio for 10-12 mins, supposed to be 15 mins but lights were ****ing alot and without fan... and had **** to take care of so it was the only thing I done...

    Also after the cardio I ate beef rice... it was ok today.... Not what it should be like but ok

  23. Eating today was normal... Had less food this time as compared to before, but protein intake was ok.

    GYM - Trained quads.

    Barbell squats - 40kg x 12. Narrow stance.
    Leg presses - 210kg x 17. Shoulder wide stance. This got hard.
    Lunges - Without weights. 5 mins, 30 secs working and 30 secs rest.
    Leg Extensions - 3 plates x 30 reps. 2 rest pauses

  24. it's 5:18am I finished eating for my 11th fast today at about 3:40 am.

    Now I guess I'll be going to sleep in a bit... or maybe watch a movie a lil who knows....

  25. What do u eat for early breakfast? I usually drink some water and that's it
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Personal Training and Nutritionists
    By ItriedtoripoffBobosonowIamgonehaveaniceday in forum General Chat
    Replies: 100
    Last Post: 02-13-2006, 09:53 PM
  2. Very Early AM Training and Pre Workout Nutrition
    By David Dunn in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 03-15-2005, 01:30 PM
  3. Leg training and shaky legs.
    By SeaHawk22 in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-27-2005, 10:36 AM
  4. Average Slow Twitch and Fast Twitch Composition?
    By jeepthang in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 10-20-2003, 02:41 AM
  5. Training and Treament for herniated disc(s)
    By windwords7 in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 01-07-2003, 02:00 AM
Log in
Log in