Help with my injury please.

1. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.

Help with my injury please.

So I think I've developed tendonitis in my left elbow from doing heavy dumbel overhead extensions without warming up. Its making me the saddest guy in the world. The only tricept exercises that doesn't hurt it are kick backs which suck.and dips.close grip and pushdowns and skull crushers all make me feel a small pain. Longtime poster with allota rep points but forgot my PW for my other account.So Unreal Machine, Manbeast, Jasen, Stackedcop and all you vets. I will give or mail anyone $300 if you help me heal this I'm at a loss. I will try any treatment.anything so far I am taking fish oil, cissisus,glucosamine, ibeprofine post workout, calcium. I'm just at a loss and depressed cuz I'm loosing much gains when I take time off and even things like mil press, or benching make the elbow feel weird.I humbly ask for your help and appreciate and thank you for your answers in advance.
    Elbow pain

2. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  190 lbs.

i dont want your money. So you cant bench either, why dont you do exercise where tricep is
    the secondary movement
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/training-forum/198788-highschool-athlete-thread.html
  3. Registered User

Let the physio check it out man as it might that you are suffering from chronic pain which will last for a while unless given attention, i had the same problem with my shoulder.
    •   

4. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.

Yeah I cant really bench I can but there still is a little bit of tension in the elbow. Yeah thanks guys! I really would pay money if someone came up with a full fledged solution lol Yeah maybe I'll see that doc. I've had injuries before from lifting elbow, wristm but they went away
    i have an intuitive feeling this one's gonna stay so any other advise would be greatly appreciated.
  5. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.

bump?
  6. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  215 lbs.

You could try using fatgripz or if you have access to a barbell with a wider circumference, you could utilize that as well. I also have tendonitis but its combined, unfortunately, with a radial nerve entrapment, both like to flare up from time to time. Using fatgripz, during my training, has always relieved my symptoms. I don't have the science behind it just anecdotal observation of what has worked for me. Worth a shot, but in the long run tendonitis is chronic and will come and go. As always RICE therapy is good for acute treatment but for the future, all you can do is to do your best to avoid movements that aggravate/cause pain. With that, I would definitely recommend a check by a doc or pt just to make sure it is tendonitis and nothing more serious. Hope this helps and good luck!
  7. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.

Thanks you NYIRON I will look into it on chest day
  8. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  187 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by elbowpain View Post
    So I think I've developed tendonitis in my left elbow from doing heavy dumbel overhead extensions without warming up. Its making me the saddest guy in the world. The only tricept exercises that doesn't hurt it are kick backs which suck.and dips.close grip and pushdowns and skull crushers all make me feel a small pain. Longtime poster with allota rep points but forgot my PW for my other account.So Unreal Machine, Manbeast, Jasen, Stackedcop and all you vets. I will give or mail anyone $300 if you help me heal this I'm at a loss. I will try any treatment.anything so far I am taking fish oil, cissisus,glucosamine, ibeprofine post workout, calcium. I'm just at a loss and depressed cuz I'm loosing much gains when I take time off and even things like mil press, or benching make the elbow feel weird.I humbly ask for your help and appreciate and thank you for your answers in advance.
    Elbow pain
    I had tendonitis in my left elbow from pitching. IT sucked for a few days after a game. to even lift my arm it felt like someone had put a hugee weight on it. I couldnt work out for a few days then it would be back to normal. but if i tweeked it or had one wrong movement it would come back. It was right where my "funny bone" is and like in my elbow itself. It was such a sore pain. I just used a lot of ice 20 min on, 20 off 3 times for every 6 hours. IMO i used ibprofun before a workout every now or then and it helped a little. listen to your body though, if it hurts it hurts, injuries suck. Just work around it, maybe up the cardio a little bit and see what else you can take to atleast stay active
  9. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  215 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by elbowpain View Post
    Thanks you NYIRON I will look into it on chest day
    No problem, let me know if you end up giving it a try id be interested to see if you had the same results as I.
  10. Registered User
    Stats
    6'3"  250 lbs.

Joint/tendon pain and tendonitis can often be a sign of a an impingement or other nerve/muscle problem further upstream. For bicep tendonitis, the culprit is sometimes a shoulder issue.

As usual, I'd recommend foam rolling your thoracic spine, doing 1-3 sets of 10 reps of shoulder dislocations before any pressing or squatting (bicep tendonitis can actually be seriously aggravated from squatting but seen only with benching - weird, I know), and maybe some exterior rotator work. Also consider doing some shoulder prehap work after your lifting or on off days, such as this: http://train.elitefts.com/instructio...-in-shoulders/
    Check your form: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/exercise-science/190675-proper-techniques.html
    Log: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/235436-tossing-weight-torobestia.html
  11. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.

Thank you guys so much for your responsis +spelling I apreciate the support so much. It seems liek tis getting worse. Only you guys can relate how sad this makes me because the normal public doesnt know how important working out is to us people.I'm gonna try to
    book n appointment with a orthopediatris or othopedic doctor se if its curalble.If any one knows anyone or has had this experiencewith elbow injuries when doing tricepts ask them or let me know. My mood happiness is counting on it all my hard earned gains are gonna be gone if I dont find cure soon.and the big question is will it ever even go away.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. help with my stack please!
    By ehd2 in forum PES
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 02-11-2012, 02:58 AM
  2. Need help with my cycle, please.
    By claymaker52 in forum Cycle Info
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-05-2011, 12:49 AM
  3. Can somebody help with my diet please...
    By start2train in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 08-08-2008, 05:02 AM
  4. Help with my stack please
    By ksg in forum Supplements
    Last Post: 09-04-2007, 09:31 AM
  5. A little help with my diet please
    By Big Stan in forum Weight Loss
    Last Post: 04-21-2007, 10:35 PM