Trap issues...

R3ACTION

R3ACTION

Awards
I've been having issues flexing on one side. When I go to flex my left side it is fine my shoulder blade goes back and the upper trap muscle comes up. However on the right side my shoulder blade won't budge the upper trap flexes slightly but no where near as much as the left. It doesn't affect my shrugs, rows, or shoulder work outs but I feel limited on flat bench. I am seeing a trigger point therapist in the morning to see if he can help with the situation. Has anyone else had this issue?

Doss

Doss

Awards
  • Established
What did your therapist say?

Clemenza

Awards
  • Established
I've been having issues flexing on one side. When I go to flex my left side it is fine my shoulder blade goes back and the upper trap muscle comes up. However on the right side my shoulder blade won't budge the upper trap flexes slightly but no where near as much as the left. It doesn't affect my shrugs, rows, or shoulder work outs but I feel limited on flat bench. I am seeing a trigger point therapist in the morning to see if he can help with the situation. Has anyone else had this issue?
Definitely see a legit physical therapist also. Could be upper spine issue or rotator cuff.

R3ACTION

R3ACTION

Awards
I ended up having to reschedule for next week. I've seen a few discussions where people dealt with similar issues, but no one got any answers or posted any updates. Hopefully I will know more on wednesday.

R3ACTION

R3ACTION

Awards
Turns out left shoulder is good. The wing however is very bad. Working to get this resolved. Hopefully youtube PT will yield results along with some massage and chiropractic care.

Doss

Doss

Awards
  • Established
Turns out left shoulder is good. The wing however is very bad. Working to get this resolved. Hopefully youtube PT will yield results along with some massage and chiropractic care.
You might want to look around and see if there are any Active Release Therapists in your area. I had some lower trap/lat issues and my guy had me fixed up in no time! Just a thought.

soopamyko

soopamyko

Awards
keep practicing most muscular...then again...look for a therapist!

Clemenza

Awards
  • Established
You might want to look around and see if there are any Active Release Therapists in your area. I had some lower trap/lat issues and my guy had me fixed up in no time! Just a thought.
ART is phenomenal if you have the right guy do it for you.

Great PT on long island Mike Camp. He actually trains kevin english. If it weren't for him I would have never gotten rid of my sciatica.

Doss

Doss

Awards
  • Established
ART is phenomenal if you have the right guy do it for you.
Of course. I lucked out with my guy. Only ART therapist for 200+ miles around and he just happened to have been a competitive bodybuilder in his younger years. Still a very well built guy at 50. I think I'd recommend ART to anyone.