Why we lift

T

Tmac22314

Awards
Just thought I'd throw it out there, but why do you lift? Are you there to be healthy? There to get big? There to lose weight? I started weight training because I have always been smaller. Started packing on some size and now I'm no longer the smallest guy in the room and it feels great. What about you?

Torobestia

Torobestia

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I want to be healthy, be well conditioned, and be strong. I was very sick, sometimes bedridden for months at a time, until I was 18, so I'm living the rest of my life avoiding habits that are detrimental to my health. Lifting is definitely not detrimental to my health.

toddgranit

toddgranit

Awards
I lift to improve my general health, and so that I can continue to perform the activities I love at a high level, surfing, volleyball, surfing, basketball, and surfing.
Peace

NYiron

NYiron

Awards
  • Established
To escape the burden of mediocrity and the monotony every day life can sometimes resemble. To push the limits of my physiology and fine tune my body to become a performance machine capable of things that would send others running, in fear, to their mothers. To build and shape a physique worthy of the classification, art. Above all i just love the pain. It lets me know I'm still here, still alive, grounds and humbles me. It builds me up but at the same time it relentlessly knocks me on my ass before confidence takes a turn toward ****iness. It has reinforced the old school values and discipline my old man passed down to me. I feel most comfortable with a stack of plates bearing down on my shoulders knowing I've got at least 5 more reps to go and I can already feel my legs giving out, there is no better feeling.

benmayro

benmayro

Awards
  • Established
i lift because i have to. I lift because during the time between awake and sleep when my mind wonders. I dont want to think about what i could have done. I lift for the peace it brings. the stastification of knowing that even though there a millions of things in the world i cant control, those 8 plates surounding me i can. i lift because there are two types of people in the world, the type that take what they want and the type that gets taken. i know which one i want to be.

B

Beefy Jew

Awards
I lift to be the biggest person around, to make people fearful of me.

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Sanity Maintenance

bomcgraw

bomcgraw

Awards
To escape the burden of mediocrity and the monotony every day life can sometimes resemble. To push the limits of my physiology and fine tune my body to become a performance machine capable of things that would send others running, in fear, to their mothers. To build and shape a physique worthy of the classification, art. Above all i just love the pain. It lets me know I'm still here, still alive, grounds and humbles me. It builds me up but at the same time it relentlessly knocks me on my ass before confidence takes a turn toward ****iness. It has reinforced the old school values and discipline my old man passed down to me. I feel most comfortable with a stack of plates bearing down on my shoulders knowing I've got at least 5 more reps to go and I can already feel my legs giving out, there is no better feeling.
^^This^^ I wanna be remembered as a beast.

J

jeep95yj

Awards
I do it to look bigger/better than 99% of the people in the room. Sorry for partying.

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
Just overall health and looking better...

hugry4more

hugry4more

Awards
  • Established
Deep, I'd Rep u if the Phone app had the option.

CJ_Xfit89

CJ_Xfit89

Board Sponsor
Awards
Because the iron is the only one who does not judge me.
I can give it my all and never judged regardless of how I perform

ZiR RED

ZiR RED

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I lift because

1. I enjoy moving big weight.
2. As an exercise physiologist and S&C professional, I want to "look the part"
3. I would like to not only live, but be mobile in old age

Br

LiftT

LiftT

Awards
Because I want to be as big and as strong as poosible.