DOGGCRAPP= WTF?

C

Cantell

Awards
  • Established
Ok, so really started looking into "proven" routines, as I always just come up with my own. However, after researching DC for hours upon hours, it seems WAY confussing! Anyone got a layout in which they follow? Seems like with all the "science" it would take the fun outta it! I mean, Rest Pause, excersise selection ect. Its just super confussing.

Hell, maybe someone else has another advanced routine that is a bit easier to follow?

asooneyeonig

asooneyeonig

Awards
there are many great programs. what are you goals and im sure we can come up with several to choose from.

Torobestia

Torobestia

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Ok, so really started looking into "proven" routines, as I always just come up with my own. However, after researching DC for hours upon hours, it seems WAY confussing! Anyone got a layout in which they follow? Seems like with all the "science" it would take the fun outta it! I mean, Rest Pause, excersise selection ect. Its just super confussing.

Hell, maybe someone else has another advanced routine that is a bit easier to follow?
It's a very easy thing to follow, really. The obvious suggestions I have for you are to watch the DVD (breaks it down very well), or read the stickies on the DC forum on the intense muscle forum (I don't think I can link you to that here). Really, the only caveats to watch out for are making sure deadlifts aren't the workout before or the workout after squats.

I can give you a few other important pointers on the program:
- this is not a program for beginner or even intermediate lifters. Your squat, bench, press, and deadlift numbers should fit in the advanced columns: http://www.exrx.net/Testing/WeightLifting/StrengthStandards.htm
- use rest paused and negatives for every exercise EXCEPT leg or back movements involving your lower back. This includes any squat variation, any deadlift variation, or bent over rows. Also you do not use rest paused or negatives for forearm exercises
- now that you know this, you can check out the list of "DC approved exercises" to fill in the exercises for your A1, B1, A2, B2, A3, and B3 days.
- All A days have the same layout, and all B days have the same layout. They are as follows:

A
Chest
Shoulders
Triceps
Back Width
Back Thickness

B
Biceps
Forearms
Calves
Hamstrings
Quads

One last caveat. If your hamstring exercise is a deadlift of some sort or good morning, you should do it after your quad exercise.

C

Cantell

Awards
  • Established
Hmm, I think I am understanding the concept. I always used to do fullbody routines, however, over the last couple years, I have just enjoyed being in the gym, so keep toying around with 4-5days splits (Muscle group per day-high volume). But, since progress has stalled, I think fullbody, or something like this may be the key.

So, for rest pause, do you aim for a number of reps after all of the small sets? I mean, like for bench, if you wanna get 12 reps would it look like this....

315X6
315X4
315X2

^Its technically three sets, or one big set correct?

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yes^^^

Torobestia

Torobestia

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Hmm, I think I am understanding the concept. I always used to do fullbody routines, however, over the last couple years, I have just enjoyed being in the gym, so keep toying around with 4-5days splits (Muscle group per day-high volume). But, since progress has stalled, I think fullbody, or something like this may be the key.

So, for rest pause, do you aim for a number of reps after all of the small sets? I mean, like for bench, if you wanna get 12 reps would it look like this....

315X6
315X4
315X2

Ok, yeah. That is correct.

Tomahawk88

Tomahawk88

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

315X6
315X4
315X2

Yes aim for a total number of reps like you said with the 12 on bench. It is basically 1 big set. Just 10-15 deep breaths between sets.

There are exercises this doesnt apply to though. The main ones are squat and deadlift. With squat the suggest way is 4-6 reps and/or a 20 rep set called a widowmaker. With the widowmaker you use a much heavier weight than normal and do breathing squats. You will be on the floor afterwards if excuted correctly. The other would be deadlifts(all forms). I think with this the suggestion is 8-10.

Swanson52

Swanson52

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
DC will tax your recovery abilities like no other program out there (IMHO). It's brutal, but will get you big if your diet is in check.

Just be sure to follow the program AS WRITTEN. Dante laid it all out the way he did for a reason-it works. As soon as it becomes bastardized with end user modifications, it's no longer DC.

C

Cantell

Awards
  • Established
Yea, im going to keep reading up on it. Definitly think itll be "fun". Itll be weird not being in the gym so much though...

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
If you hammer it like you need to, you will walk out with plenty of satisfaction!