grinnell27

grinnell27

Awards
  • Established
Currently:

Wrist curls (palms facing upwards) 4sets x10 reps
Wrist curls (palms facing downwards) 4sets x10 reps
Reverse curls 4sets x 12reps

I have seen some small growth but ive been doing this routine now for about 9months, any other advice on what to change/add in?

Thanks

DelaRone

Banned
Awards
Hammer curls for the upper forearm and continue doing your curls, also I'd try and lift extremely heavy, i.e. 5 sets of 5. Then finish off every workout with a drop set to get a massive pump. Worked for me I've seen good growth over the past 2 months off cycle even, I used to have trouble growing the forearms in relation to my bi's.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Get a pair of Fat Gripz. You'll never have to bother with direct forearm training again.

grinnell27

grinnell27

Awards
  • Established
Get a pair of Fat Gripz. You'll never have to bother with direct forearm training again.
My gym actually has a curl bar which is bigger than a coke can in circumference, so i guess its the same as fat gripz.

My fingers wont met my palm when im holding it.

I do use it sometimes, maybe ill use it a lot more

CJ_Xfit89

CJ_Xfit89

Board Sponsor
Awards
I did a routine which envolved 531 with fat gripz.
Not fun. Just sore forearms lol

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
My gym actually has a curl bar which is bigger than a coke can in circumference, so i guess its the same as fat gripz.

My fingers wont met my palm when im holding it.

I do use it sometimes, maybe ill use it a lot more
I don't meant use them for just curls. Use them for all upper body. Side laterals, chest presses, rows, overhead presses, etc.

DelaRone

Banned
Awards
ok I'll bite, where can i get some fat gripz??? :gotsearch

Swanson52

Swanson52

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
elitefts.com

asooneyeonig

asooneyeonig

Awards
i used to do forearm workouts like that. after years i has real skinny forearms that were weak as hell.

then i started doing heavy deadlifts, heavy farmers, using an axle, and using KBs and my grip improved dramatically. i used to not be able to close a CoC #1, now im right on the edge of closing a #2.

here is a good link for grip stuff:
http://www.gripfaq.com/Hand_Strength_and_Grip_Strength_Tutorial/

DelaRone

Banned
Awards
I'm more concerned with size though as opposed to functional strength, more in it for the aesthetics, lol sadly.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm more concerned with size though as opposed to functional strength, more in it for the aesthetics, lol sadly.
That is very sad. You'd be surprised how much more weight you can use on everything when your grip is better.

fame126

fame126

Awards
  • Established
Behind the back wrist curls work well for me. Stand up straight use a straight curl bar and youll be feelin a good tightening of your forearm muscle for sure.

votum

votum

Awards
  • Established
I sit at a preacher machine.and pick.a medium weight, something I can do 15reps with. Curl it ten times slowly. Maintain complete control. Then reverse it so your palms are down and do it ten more times. Do not rest. Do this for as long as you can until you can't do one rep. Then rest a few minutes and do it again

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk2

ZiR RED

ZiR RED

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
That is very sad. You'd be surprised how much more weight you can use on everything when your grip is better.
Here's why this is appropriate for both aesthetics and funcational strength.

Look at the anatomy of the forearm:

anatomy2.jpg

Notice that the vast majority of muscles in the forearm's function is to flex the digits of the hand. All the tendons run past the wrist and attach somewhere on the phalanges.

The only exception really is the flexor carpi ulnaris/raidalis. And in this case, these larger muscles are involved in wrist flexion. Which, if you can hand onto significant weight, will receive ultimately greater overload and recruitment in steadying the wrist when lifting or holding heavy ass weight.

Br

DelaRone

Banned
Awards
I lift relatively heavy(to me) & i've never had problems gripping the weight, for some though I can see how fat gripz would help alot with grip development.

Lacrossedude6

Lacrossedude6

Awards
That looks good but I would add in plate pinches for time. Just grab a 45lb and pinch it at the top and time yourself. Great for practical strength and developing size