Chest thickness/stick out

  1. Chest thickness/stick out


    My chest seems to not stick out as much as I'd like it to. I've literally tried everything. I'm just wondering if anyone can suggest a workout for this? maybe it's just my genetics but idk.


  2. Just try and keep working your way up in weight! Don't give up. If you're repping 315 and your bodyfat is in control, you're not going to have problems with chest thickness.

    If benching is working for you, maybe try more work with dumbbells and experiment a bit with TUT and pre-exhausting. Without knowing much about you or your training history, its fairly difficult to make an accurate assessment. Hopefully this will point you in the proper direction though!
    Go hard. Go heavy. Never stop.

  3. Inclined presses will help.

    I blast my chest every day to get it thick lol. Until it hurts to move my arms
    •   
       


  4. Quote Originally Posted by votum View Post
    I blast my chest every day to get it thick lol
    wow, are your shoulders cool with this?

  5. Quote Originally Posted by votum View Post
    Inclined presses will help.

    I blast my chest every day to get it thick lol. Until it hurts to move my arms
    Definately would not recommend doing this.. chest is very CNS taxing and working it every day will burn you out. Not to mention you have not allowed it enoughed time to adequetly recover. For your health and safety I would strongly recommend against doing this.

    For the OP, just remember to increase workout loads to stimulate muscle growth. If, for example, you can bench 80lbs (example only) and you can do 10 reps (equating to 800lbs of work [80x10=800] and then next workout you increase to 100lbs for 5 reps, you are actually perfroming less total work [100x5=500] and so even though the weight is higher, the total work performed is lower, therefore you need to do at least 9 reps [100x9=900] to grow further.

    Of course this is only ONE way to promote growth. Increasing intensity (i.e. supersets, forced reps etc.) will also promote growth to a degree. Just remeber to keep progressing.

  6. that is totally over working ur chest

  7. After reading up on different opinions and debats about dunbell or barbel for chest, i used dunbell yesterday as i been using the bar for the past few years and i hae to say with the dunbells i felt it a hell of alot more, the pump was awesome, my chest is still rock hard today, il def stick to dunbell and throw in the odd bar every now and then.

  8. Quote Originally Posted by votum View Post
    Inclined presses will help.

    I blast my chest every day to get it thick lol. Until it hurts to move my arms
    This is terrible advice.
    Everything posted is for entertainment only, and is not intended as a substitute for proper medical advice from a MD. ANIMALHAUS is presenting fictitious opinions and does in no way use, encourage, nor condone the use of any illegal substances.

  9. Quote Originally Posted by votum
    Inclined presses will help.

    I blast my chest every day to get it thick lol. Until it hurts to move my arms

    After reading this my right shoulder started throbbing again. Thanks buddy almost had it healed

  10. Quote Originally Posted by votum
    Inclined presses will help.

    I blast my chest every day to get it thick lol. Until it hurts to move my arms
    LOL. never head of that........

  11. Quote Originally Posted by gibbons2
    My chest seems to not stick out as much as I'd like it to. I've literally tried everything. I'm just wondering if anyone can suggest a workout for this? maybe it's just my genetics but idk.
    If you have wide shoulders it may be one of the reasons you are lacking chest stick out. Just compare jay cutlers chest to phil heaths. Jay has wide shoulders.

    Dumbbell bench should help. Changing up your grip with on bench may also help.

    Sick in there tho. Everyone has a body part they struggle to develop. Just got to find the right training routine for it.

  12. I've noticed my chest filling in much better now that I focus more on incline movements. I also always start my workout with inclines. Usually I start with incline presses and then standing incline cable flys, then move to dumbbell pullovers and then pec decks, 5 sets each.
    "Lifting and Game of Thrones share the same calendar, there's only two seasons: cutting and bulking. And guess what? Winter's comin' so it's time to bulk up!"
    -Dom Mazzetti

  13. Quote Originally Posted by Jiigzz

    Definately would not recommend doing this.. chest is very CNS taxing and working it every day will burn you out. Not to mention you have not allowed it enoughed time to adequetly recover. For your health and safety I would strongly recommend against doing this.

    For the OP, just remember to increase workout loads to stimulate muscle growth. If, for example, you can bench 80lbs (example only) and you can do 10 reps (equating to 800lbs of work [80x10=800] and then next workout you increase to 100lbs for 5 reps, you are actually perfroming less total work [100x5=500] and so even though the weight is higher, the total work performed is lower, therefore you need to do at least 9 reps [100x9=900] to grow further.

    Of course this is only ONE way to promote growth. Increasing intensity (i.e. supersets, forced reps etc.) will also promote growth to a degree. Just remeber to keep progressing.
    Interesting way to look at it...
    Hardcore Purus Labs {Rep}
    Lift the fŁcking weight from the floor, or leave it on the ground. The thoughts are supposed to be daunting. The pain is meant to be tormenting.

  14. Quote Originally Posted by AaronJP1 View Post
    Interesting way to look at it...
    Well its one way of looking at it

  15. Quote Originally Posted by gregg1494

    If you have wide shoulders it may be one of the reasons you are lacking chest stick out. Just compare jay cutlers chest to phil heaths. Jay has wide shoulders.

    Dumbbell bench should help. Changing up your grip with on bench may also help.

    Sick in there tho. Everyone has a body part they struggle to develop. Just got to find the right training routine for it.
    thanks! I've recently been switching workouts and I've been feeling pretty good. we'll see how it goes.

  16. Quote Originally Posted by votum
    Inclined presses will help.

    I blast my chest every day to get it thick lol. Until it hurts to move my arms
    You and overuse injuries must be bffs

  17. I change exercise rotation and equipment constantly and I log the weights/reps for all. EX: Last week for chest in this order I did medium incline DBs,Decline BB, and then High incline BB. This week I will do High incline DBs,medium incline BB,and Decline BB. I know what my weights/reps were for each the last time I did each and always try to progress with each. Variety and progression will give you growth.
    Always open light. Itís not what you open with, itís what you finish with. Louie Simmons

  18. Crush Grip DB Bench Press is still my favorite chest exercise. It's the best for TUT IMO.

  19. Quote Originally Posted by gibbons2 View Post
    My chest seems to not stick out as much as I'd like it to. I've literally tried everything. I'm just wondering if anyone can suggest a workout for this? maybe it's just my genetics but idk.
    INCLINES..theres your answer..i do 4 exercises for chest and 3 are always incline and at different angles and my routine changes weekly,never the same...plus it comes to genetics,my chest is bulky as hell,yet my arms are not even close to where i like them to be.

    also a pre exhaust routine may work as well..worked wonders for my bro. As well as myself.

    My routine today in this order:
    -incline 45 degree DB presses
    -Incline 30 degree DB flys
    -Flat smith machine Bp ( allows me to psh heavier weight when im fatuguing as well as isolates the muscle much better)
    -HS Seated incline presses

  20. Quote Originally Posted by Jay888999 View Post
    INCLINES..theres your answer..i do 4 exercises for chest and 3 are always incline and at different angles and my routine changes weekly,never the same...plus it comes to genetics,my chest is bulky as hell,yet my arms are not even close to where i like them to be.

    also a pre exhaust routine may work as well..worked wonders for my bro. As well as myself.

    My routine today in this order:
    -incline 45 degree DB presses
    -Incline 30 degree DB flys
    -Flat smith machine Bp ( allows me to psh heavier weight when im fatuguing as well as isolates the muscle much better)
    -HS Seated incline presses
    How many sets do you do for each exercise? Just curious.
    "Lifting and Game of Thrones share the same calendar, there's only two seasons: cutting and bulking. And guess what? Winter's comin' so it's time to bulk up!"
    -Dom Mazzetti

  21. Quote Originally Posted by SuperPro

    How many sets do you do for each exercise? Just curious.
    All depends to be honest.Dwpends my mood and energy levels.. For example yesterdays routine.. ex1 -3 sets...ex2-3 sets...ex3- 4 sets...ex4-4 sets..More often than not 3 sets.

  22. Quote Originally Posted by Jay888999 View Post
    All depends to be honest.Dwpends my mood and energy levels.. For example yesterdays routine.. ex1 -3 sets...ex2-3 sets...ex3- 4 sets...ex4-4 sets..More often than not 3 sets.
    Ah, I do a lot of high volume training, like 5 sets or more per exercise for 4 to 5 exercises usually. Though I've been contemplating doing a lower volume routine due to recurring shoulder problems. I think if I lower sets though I would want to change my workout to a 3 day split or something so that I would hit full body more than once a week since I could do each muscle group in less time like that.
    "Lifting and Game of Thrones share the same calendar, there's only two seasons: cutting and bulking. And guess what? Winter's comin' so it's time to bulk up!"
    -Dom Mazzetti

  23. Quote Originally Posted by SuperPro View Post
    Ah, I do a lot of high volume training, like 5 sets or more per exercise for 4 to 5 exercises usually. Though I've been contemplating doing a lower volume routine due to recurring shoulder problems. I think if I lower sets though I would want to change my workout to a 3 day split or something so that I would hit full body more than once a week since I could do each muscle group in less time like that.
    so doing 5 sets 4-5 exercises,whats your rep range? I honestly feel thats a lot of sets,but everyone reacts diff...For me that seems to long. How is your body reacting to it? How long you been doing it?

    Whats your routine like right now?

  24. Quote Originally Posted by Jay888999

    so doing 5 sets 4-5 exercises,whats your rep range? I honestly feel thats a lot of sets,but everyone reacts diff...For me that seems to long. How is your body reacting to it? How long you been doing it?

    Whats your routine like right now?
    I do high volume too, 4-5 exercises, 16-20 sets. Works for me.

  25. Quote Originally Posted by uvawahoowa View Post
    I do high volume too, 4-5 exercises, 16-20 sets. Works for me.
    well im round 4 exercsies 12-15 sets....some days i feel very pumped and will do 4 sets of everything...But mentally i feel its not necessary,so I stick with 3-4 ,,,3 more often..

  26. Quote Originally Posted by Jay888999 View Post
    so doing 5 sets 4-5 exercises,whats your rep range? I honestly feel thats a lot of sets,but everyone reacts diff...For me that seems to long. How is your body reacting to it? How long you been doing it?

    Whats your routine like right now?
    Reps are usually aimed at something like 15, 10, 8, 5, 3. Sometimes on squats and deadlifts ends up being a little less but I usually do 6 or more sets for those exercises. Except for having some joint issues it's worked great, all of my lifts have gone up since I started doing higher volume. I've been working out like this since about February of this year, with the exception of a month where I deloaded to give myself a rest. Honestly after working out with so many sets I don't even feel like I'm warmed up until the 3rd or 4th set. Working out like this I've increased my squat from 275 to 365, and my deadlift from 275 to about 335 for a reference of strength gain. Keep in mind there was also a halodrol cycle in this timeframe, but before that cycle I could squat 335 and deadlift 315.

    My routine right now is 5 sets per exercise, 4 exercises per muscle group. For example chest day I'll do incline DB press, standing incline cable flys, DB pullovers, and pec deck all for 5 sets each aiming for the rep range I said earlier.
    "Lifting and Game of Thrones share the same calendar, there's only two seasons: cutting and bulking. And guess what? Winter's comin' so it's time to bulk up!"
    -Dom Mazzetti
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Upper chest lagging.. cut out flat bench?
    By dramallama in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 01-25-2012, 12:56 PM
  2. Mission to improve upper and lower chest thickness
    By pvtpARTS in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-27-2009, 05:53 PM
  3. scapula sticks out
    By just93 in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 10-03-2008, 05:58 PM
  4. Help me out im needing some upper back thickness
    By good_guye28 in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 08-08-2004, 08:25 AM
  5. wtf, my topical is too thick to pump out
    By MakaveliThaDon in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-24-2003, 03:26 PM
Log in
Log in