LOOKING FOR ARM WORKOUT

shika

Awards
Im looking for a good arm workout to increase the size i find my arms are to small for my size.

3clipseGT

3clipseGT

On my grind
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
There are so many arm workouts out there but here is a sample of one of the arm workouts i enjoy.

Rope pushdowns:
1-3 warmup sets of 12
4 sets of 15,12,10,8 ensuring you squeeze and use perfect form.

DB Curls:
1-3 warmups sets of 10
4 sets of 8 reps, palms up the entire movement with a 2 second descent.

DB Kick backs
3 sets of 12 ensuring you use a heavy weight but do no sacrifice form and squeeze at the end of the movement

supersetted with

Reverse curls
3 sets of 7, after those 7 do 5 partial reps out of the bottom part of the movement ever set.

Skull crushers
3 sets of 12

Hammer curls
3 sets of 10, at the bottom of the movement let the dumbell sort of rotate in, you will know what im talking about once you start feeling it in your lower bicep.

Give that a go and let me know how you like it or dont like it.

sharperunner

Awards
Not necessarily a structured workout but I'd suggest looking more at compound movements in general for growth. I like weighted dips and close grip bench for direct work for the tri's. As for biceps, I'd just suggest lots and lots of pullups/chinups(weighted, varied grips, etc).

GeovanniG

GeovanniG

Awards
Not necessarily a structured workout but I'd suggest looking more at compound movements in general for growth. I like weighted dips and close grip bench for direct work for the tri's. As for biceps, I'd just suggest lots and lots of pullups/chinups(weighted, varied grips, etc).
F*** ya, if you want bigger arms stick to compound movements like the ones mentioned above.

Thixotrope

Thixotrope

Awards
I created this workout about 6 years ago and it caused my arms to EXPLODE. They're currently around 20" (natural) and this is what I did:

Preacher Curls-3 sets, 10, 8, 6 reps
Superset with
Close Grip Bench Press-3 sets, 10 reps each set

Alternate Bicep Curls-3 sets, 6 reps each set
Superset with
Overhead Tricep Extensions-3 sets, 10 reps a set

Dumbbell Hammer curls-3 sets, 6 reps per set
Superset with
Tricep Pushdowns-3 sets, 10 reps per set

Increase weight every week. Make sure you pyramid all weights. This routine calls for some heavy weight so it will be rough on your elbows. Keep that in mind and listen to your body, warmup good, eat properly, rest sufficiently and take a week off every 6-8 weeks. You will grow like a madman. I promise.

BigShadow

BigShadow

Awards
  • Established
Agree great advice rep!