first prowler session...

napalm

napalm

Awards
well boys, just got back from giving my prowler it's maiden voyage. holy crap is all i got to say! me and my daughter did 7 reps of 25 yards down and back - 50 yards total per rep in about 15 minutes. even without any weight on it it's a bit of a challenge - at least for me anyway. it's easy to push on blacktop, but murder on grass - opposite of what i would have thought. i also picked up a harness to pull it with, but didn't try it yet.

definitely gotta pick up some oly plates this weekend. then the fun will begin.

first trip with it

[video=youtube;PyMF4JkJMZw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PyMF4JkJMZw&feature=plcp[/video]

napalm

napalm

Awards
and here's my kid:

[video=youtube;rNXZIysd9Ow]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rNXZIysd9Ow&feature=plcp[/video]

SweetLou321

Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Did it come with indoor and outdoor skies? I know the efs econo prowler does. Maybe the indoor ones would work better on grass.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I remember my first Prowler session. It was freaking awful.

napalm

napalm

Awards
Did it come with indoor and outdoor skies? I know the efs econo prowler does. Maybe the indoor ones would work better on grass.
the skies are metal, i guess you can use them on turf. but if it's anything like pushing it on grass you won't want to :)

the skies do have holes in them, and i saw a couple places that sell bolt on skies. this thing is really put together, weighs 56 pounds.

napalm

napalm

Awards
I remember my first Prowler session. It was freaking awful.
meh, with no weight on it it wasn't bad at all.

i suspect that's going to change once i pick up some oly plates...

SweetLou321

Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
the skies are metal, i guess you can use them on turf. but if it's anything like pushing it on grass you won't want to :)

the skies do have holes in them, and i saw a couple places that sell bolt on skies. this thing is really put together, weighs 56 pounds.
Indoor skies are made to slide on mats and indoor surfaces. You have outdoor skies. I never pushed on grass.

napalm

napalm

Awards
Indoor skies are made to slide on mats and indoor surfaces. You have outdoor skies. I never pushed on grass.
are the indoor skies the bolt on ones? i'll prolly pick some up.

i'm sure someone will come up with some super composite that can be pushed on all surfaces and will never wear out.

grass just sucks, my kid wasn't happy...

SweetLou321

Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
are the indoor skies the bolt on ones? i'll prolly pick some up.

i'm sure someone will come up with some super composite that can be pushed on all surfaces and will never wear out.

grass just sucks, my kid wasn't happy...
Idk what kind of prowler your have but maybe. My partner has the econo prowler from efs and both his outdoor and indoor skies are bolted on. Where my gym has two prowlers that have outdoor skies made on them with holes for other skies to be attached. So id have to look, as everyone is a lil different.

napalm

napalm

Awards
Idk what kind of prowler your have but maybe. My partner has the econo prowler from efs and both his outdoor and indoor skies are bolted on. Where my gym has two prowlers that have outdoor skies made on them with holes for other skies to be attached. So id have to look, as everyone is a lil different.
i got the dsl from black widow training gear. i looked at the ones on efs really really hard. i looked at a couple others, but they looked pretty shabby and didn't have good reviews. i got this one and a pull harness for $273 including shipping - about the same as the econo prowler. i know efs makes good s.hit and i've bought a lot of stuff from them, but i couldn't pass this up.