Lagging delts, lacking equipment

bomcgraw

bomcgraw

Awards
Everybody knows the Army puts a lot of emphasis on pushups. While in training my pushups got great but my shoulders started to pop and hurt. When I got home I began focusing hard on my back to balance it out and the pain and popping have gone away. But, my rear delts aren't growing and my shoulders just look flat compared to the front. I'm unable to go to a real gym for the next few months, and my equipment is limited so I don't know how to target my rear delts. I have a Marcy WM980 machine I use, and I do some work with truck tires my combatives coach showed me, and body weight work. Anybody have any suggestions?

GeovanniG

GeovanniG

Awards
Everybody knows the Army puts a lot of emphasis on pushups. While in training my pushups got great but my shoulders started to pop and hurt. When I got home I began focusing hard on my back to balance it out and the pain and popping have gone away. But, my rear delts aren't growing and my shoulders just look flat compared to the front. I'm unable to go to a real gym for the next few months, and my equipment is limited so I don't know how to target my rear delts. I have a Marcy WM980 machine I use, and I do some work with truck tires my combatives coach showed me, and body weight work. Anybody have any suggestions?
You could do inverted rows with your elbows sticking out.

Set up:
Just place a stick between two chairs and do an inverted row with your elbows sticking out.
Caution:
Make sure the stick could hold your bodyweight.

Doss

Doss

Awards
  • Established
Does the Marcy have a pec fly movement function or is it just a chest press? I can't remember. If so, you could do rear delt flies isolaterally by sitting 90 degrees off from the way you usually sit.

You could probably also do face pulls if you could figure out a way to get seated correctly underneath the pushdown section.

Not sure if I'm thinking of the right piece of equipment. Googled it, but I'm not sure.

SweetLou321

Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
buy some bands from elite fts, minis should be fine and do band pullaparts and face pulls.

bomcgraw

bomcgraw

Awards
Does the Marcy have a pec fly movement function or is it just a chest press? I can't remember. If so, you could do rear delt flies isolaterally by sitting 90 degrees off from the way you usually sit.

You could probably also do face pulls if you could figure out a way to get seated correctly underneath the pushdown section.

Not sure if I'm thinking of the right piece of equipment. Googled it, but I'm not sure.
Yes it has the pec fly movement. I hadn thought about turning for rear flies. Im gonna add that. I thought about the face pulls and have been trying to work out how I need to sit for it to work. Thanks for all the help everybody!