How do I kick my appetite into high gear?

  1. Registered User
    FloridaRoofer's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  142 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    11
    Answers
    0

    How do I kick my appetite into high gear?


    I'm a newbie... Be warned. I have been using free wieghts for about a year now along with body weight excersizes, i started out with a body weight of 127 and in 6 months went up to 140... And have stayed at that weight since. I'd like to gain 10 more pounds of muscle but for the life of me i cannot get around to eating enough, mostly due to just plain not being hungry at all. I estimate my caloric intake on a good day at about 2000-2500. I've got a decent diet in check now but i just can't seem to up my caloric intake. How can i kick my appetite into high gear?

  2. Registered User
    benmayro's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    1,914
    Answers
    0


    just eat, if you only eat when you hungry you will never reach your goals, eat good like you are but eat good every two hours most. you basically describe that you are only reaching maintence everyday, bump it up 100 a day untill you start seeing gains. i recondmemd using a website or an app. i personally use myfitnesspal
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/training-forum/198788-highschool-athlete-thread.html
  3. Registered User
    NYiron's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  215 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    431
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by benmayro View Post
    just eat, if you only eat when you hungry you will never reach your goals, eat good like you are but eat good every two hours most. you basically describe that you are only reaching maintence everyday, bump it up 100 a day untill you start seeing gains. i recondmemd using a website or an app. i personally use myfitnesspal
    ^ Agreed! Just eat, force it when you have to! Put in place small meals in between your already established meals and build on them from there, until you start to see those gains. This will also increase your hunger. As you feed your body, your substrate metabolism will increase and you'll need more food throughout the day. Just remember the more muscle you put on the higher your basal metabolic rate is going to be. The higher your BMR the more your going to have to eat to maintain and the more your going to have to eat to progress. Also need to take into consideration your lifestyle outside of the gym, how active you are and the caloric demands as a result just to fuel your daily routines. As benmayro said about every 2-3 hours is a good reference. If your still reading this its time for your next meal
    •   
       

  4. Registered User
    Doss's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    324
    Answers
    0


    ^ Fairly good advice here. I agree with the eating every 2-3 hours, but in addition to that you might want to try throwing in a protein shake about 45 minutes after each meal. You can usually just chug them down, and if you put them together correctly 3-4 shakes could add as much as 1000 Cal to your daily intake.

    Year round I try not to go more than 3 hours without eating something, and alternating meals with shakes is a good way to go if you're just not hungry enough to sit down and plow through some chicken and rice. I'll caveat that and say you should be wary of relying on them, though, as a solid meal generally has much more nutritive value than the ingredients thrown into a typical lifter's shake.
    Go hard. Go heavy. Never stop.
  5. Sunz out, Gunz out...
    Board Sponsor
    AaronJP1's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  183 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Age
    30
    Posts
    18,573
    Answers
    0


    PB & bananas are always good.
    I know this may sound like a long shot, but Compound 20 & M-Stak both increased my appetite.
    Hardcore Purus Labs {Rep}
    Lift the fücking weight from the floor, or leave it on the ground. The thoughts are supposed to be daunting. The pain is meant to be tormenting.
    www.InsaneVeins.com
  6. Registered User
    GeovanniG's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  162 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    54
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by Doss
    ^ Fairly good advice here. I agree with the eating every 2-3 hours, but in addition to that you might want to try throwing in a protein shake about 45 minutes after each meal. You can usually just chug them down, and if you put them together correctly 3-4 shakes could add as much as 1000 Cal to your daily intake.

    Year round I try not to go more than 3 hours without eating something, and alternating meals with shakes is a good way to go if you're just not hungry enough to sit down and plow through some chicken and rice. I'll caveat that and say you should be wary of relying on them, though, as a solid meal generally has much more nutritive value than the ingredients thrown into a typical lifter's shake.
    Follow this advice, and you'll get big in no time.
    Be sur to visit my site at http://maxweights.blogspot.com/ (copy and paste)
  7. Registered User
    Gerbil's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  202 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    2,721
    Answers
    0


    I dont know about anyone else but when ever I lift heavy I am starving afterwords. But not eating enough has never been a problem for me. Controlled Labs Black hole is supposed to increase appetite but never tried it.
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/cycle-info/223429-abscent-minded-log.html
    Quote Originally Posted by csa2179 View Post
    Pin the kittens with the tren, then attack the judges with the kittens, uppity bastards
  8. Banned
    Tboz's Avatar
    Stats
    5'6"  192 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    272
    Answers
    0


    Street with adding a few snacks in between ur meals the gradually increase those snacks into meals. Try to do this every 2-3 hrs.

    Protein shakes or
    Mass gainers one shake is almost 1000 cals.
  9. Banned
    Tboz's Avatar
    Stats
    5'6"  192 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    272
    Answers
    0


    Street with adding a few snacks in between ur meals the gradually increase those snacks into meals. Try to do this every 2-3 hrs.

    Protein shakes or
    Mass gainers one shake is almost 1000 cals.
  10. Registered User
    FloridaRoofer's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  142 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    11
    Answers
    0


    Thanks for the advice. I already ingest 2-3 protien shakes a day whenever i can get around to it. I guess i'll just have to start preparing 5-6 meals in advance for each day and just eat it weather i like it or not.
  11. Registered User
    Torobestia's Avatar
    Stats
    6'3"  250 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    3,199
    Answers
    0


    Try consuming a large breakfast. I follow IF right now (since eating big and gaining is no problem for me, I have to worry about how much I gain at once), but back when I ate breakfast in the morning I would eat 5 fried eggs, 2 turkey sausages, a glass of OJ, and a large bowl of oatmeal cooked in milk (.75-1 cup of oats in a cup and a half of milk). I would often also include fruit in this meal, alternating between grapes, berries, and cantaloupe. This would net me around 1000 calories. A large breakfast is said to increase your appetite throughout the day.
  12. Registered User
    princevince's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  250 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    545
    Answers
    0


    lot's of food, protein/weightgainer, prime, anabeta, titanium xl, m-stak/animal-stak, proper training and rest.

    money in the bank!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  13. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Rodja's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Age
    30
    Posts
    23,150
    Answers
    1


    Saying you can't up your calorie intake is BS. Unless you can only eat 1 meal a day, then you can eat more than 2500 kcals. You do not need to eat every 2-3 hours like is said verbatim in the magazines, but you do need to eat. Buy fattier cuts of meat, whole eggs, cheese, whole milk, etc. Hell, 12 oz whole milk, 1 oz EVOO, and 1-2 scoops of protein is nearly 700 kcals. Drink one of those 2x/day in addition to you whole foods and you're set.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  14. Registered User
    Torobestia's Avatar
    Stats
    6'3"  250 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    3,199
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    Saying you can't up your calorie intake is BS. Unless you can only eat 1 meal a day, then you can eat more than 2500 kcals. You do not need to eat every 2-3 hours like is said verbatim in the magazines, but you do need to eat. Buy fattier cuts of meat, whole eggs, cheese, whole milk, etc. Hell, 12 oz whole milk, 1 oz EVOO, and 1-2 scoops of protein is nearly 700 kcals. Drink one of those 2x/day in addition to you whole foods and you're set.
    Yeah, even I get hungry on only 2500 calories. I know the qualifier in this thread are healthy food suggestions, but a large pizza hut pizza has over 2500 calories, and I remember running through one in minutes as a kid.
  15. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Rodja's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Age
    30
    Posts
    23,150
    Answers
    1


    Quote Originally Posted by Torobestia View Post
    Yeah, even I get hungry on only 2500 calories. I know the qualifier in this thread are healthy food suggestions, but a large pizza hut pizza has over 2500 calories, and I remember running through one in minutes as a kid.
    You touched on a very important thing and that is the overly clean phobia. If you're having trouble packing in the kcals, then there is nothing wrong with the occasional pizza, burgers, fajitas, etc.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  16. Registered User
    FloridaRoofer's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  142 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    11
    Answers
    0


    Good points. My foods just may be on the "overly clean" side. I didn't realize the whole milk, evoo, protien combo could actualy have that many cals. Nice to know. So whole milk and a couple greasy items here or there won't effect my cut? I started as a pretty cut guy and haven't lost it yet so i was worried about that. Either way, it looks like the breakfast part is where i'm having trouble once i really break down my daily eating habbits. I just get up at 5am, get dressed and hurry out the door... So maybe if I can make time for a real breakfast instead of just a shake, then my appetite through the day may improve as I need it to. The imput is appretiated guys.
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Need help:How do I crash my Test levels?
    By Dogsoldier in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-20-2008, 11:48 PM
  2. How do I get my stamina up at the gym???
    By INFLUENCER in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-22-2007, 08:31 PM
  3. How do you like my PCT ??
    By Tom 185 in forum Post Cycle Therapy
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-25-2006, 08:00 AM
  4. How do I get my natural sleep pattern back??
    By BigVrunga in forum Supplements
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 01-07-2005, 10:06 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in