Explosive training schedule

thisguyinny

thisguyinny

Awards
Info: 6'0"
180-190 lbs.
19 years old

Could somebody do me a favor by constructing a workout plan to help make me more explosive and powerful? Thanks for the help.

toddgranit

toddgranit

Awards
With out knowing to much about you but your age and size, if explosive power is your goal.
Then you should adopt a program that concentrates on Olympic lifts.
Power cleans, push presses, snatch, and clean and jerk.
Start at 3x5 at 50 % of max week one.
Finish at 4x5 at 75% of max by week 6.
I'm just spitballing here but it's a place to start.
Good luck.
Peace

tigerdb2

tigerdb2

Awards
50% is a little low. I'd shoot between 70 and 90 with ocassional work above 90 if technique permits. In my experiences that's even too low to work on technique with the oly lifts because the bar will behave differently in terms of receiving the bar in the rack position with added weight. I certainly agree with Olympic lifting and squatting, however. Great advice

GeovanniG

GeovanniG

Awards
Don't forget to include plyometrics and sprints.

Monday: strength training workout
Tuesday: plyo and sprints
Wednesday: strength training
Thursday: plyo and sprints
Friday: strength training
Weekend: off

toddgranit

toddgranit

Awards
50% is a little low. I'd shoot between 70 and 90 with ocassional work above 90 if technique permits. In my experiences that's even too low to work on technique with the oly lifts because the bar will behave differently in terms of receiving the bar in the rack position with added weight. I certainly agree with Olympic lifting and squatting, however. Great advice
I see your point, and agree. However I don't know if he is familiar with Olympic style lifting.
I didn't want him to hurt himself.
Your numbers are certainly the numbers to shoot for.
Peace

thisguyinny

thisguyinny

Awards
I played football for over 10 years of my life and am familiar with Olympic lifts and actually use them now, I'm just looking for a way to specifically organize them into an effective weekly routine. I've been sprinting the past few weeks as well. What would a good plyometric training session look like?