- 07-02-2012, 07:09 AM
I have been back in training now for about 5 months, recently I have felt like I have hit a wall.
I have started to do some research on it all, and have just got myself completely lost.
I train 5 days a week, doing a different muscle group everyday, is this wrong?
I have recently started doing my sets 5 by 5, as apposed to 3 by 10, is this wrong?
Any help on this would be greatly appreciated
- 07-02-2012, 09:26 AM
- 07-02-2012, 01:26 PM
You're in the same spot as many of us once were, and as a lot of people coming to the boards now are.
The problem is, everywhere you turn you read something different, and quite often its poor advice not really founded on any kind of logic/research.
So, I think a better question might be: Where can I get good information?
Exercise demonstrations: http://www.catalystathletics.com/exe...&exerciseID=98
That should get you started
07-02-2012, 03:00 PM
07-02-2012, 03:13 PM
07-02-2012, 04:05 PM
You have plateaued, it is natural and happens to everyone. Need to shock your body, switch to a completely different routine, not just changing sets/reps. Try a full body workout, 5-3-1, HST, or even german volume training. You will break out of it, then you will hit another one and have to change it drastically again. Have fun
07-07-2012, 03:34 AM
Thanks heaps for all the advice, I have read a few articles and changed my workouts around.
My goals have also changed thanks to some extented reading, so thanks again for all the help
07-07-2012, 11:37 AM
Similar Forum Threads
- By elgenyo in forum Training ForumReplies: 12Last Post: 07-16-2010, 12:34 AM
- By hamper19 in forum General ChatReplies: 22Last Post: 06-11-2005, 11:11 PM
- By handzilla in forum Training ForumReplies: 12Last Post: 09-01-2004, 05:51 AM
- By spoofy in forum Exercise ScienceReplies: 13Last Post: 12-13-2002, 07:00 PM
- By Blindfaith in forum Weight LossReplies: 8Last Post: 11-29-2002, 12:09 AM