Bicep Workouts

latenight6194

Awards
A bicep workout in mens fitness had 7 Different exercises to get big arms. They included:
Dumbell Curl
Standing Curl
Barbell Curl
Pullup
Ez-bar curl
Seated Preacher curl
Seated isolated machine curl

You do three sets at each lift 10, 8, 6.

I thought this seemed like a good workout, but I was not sure what the different between a Dumbell Curl and a Standing Curl is.

Does anyone know what the Difference between a Standing Curl and a dumbell curl is?

Thanks

johnathan1995

johnathan1995

Awards
There isn't much difference actually.the only difference is that by seating you isolate more of your bicep because there is less chances of you twisting and jerking your body to lift the weight and you recruit less muscles in trying to balance your weight and body.but there is actually no point in trying to do so many exercises for your biceps to build bigger arms because to have bigger arms u gotta concentrate more on your
triceps because they take up majority of your arm's size.having bigger triceps gives your arms a more muscular look.all you need for biceps is just dumbbell curls,barbell curls,pullups or preacher curls.i think what you doing now is a little too much for biceps.

johnathan1995

johnathan1995

Awards
Sitting*,and more isn't better bro,it's quality over quantity.

latenight6194

Awards
I haven't started doing that workout yet, that was just a bicep workout I found in mens fitness. Thanks for the advice, I focus more on dumbell and barbell curl along with preachers or pullups.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
There's more to arms than biceps. Your triceps make up a much larger portion of your arms than biceps.

johnathan1995

johnathan1995

Awards
I haven't started doing that workout yet, that was just a bicep workout I found in mens fitness. Thanks for the advice, I focus more on dumbell and barbell curl along with preachers or pullups.
Sure thing man.the workouts for biceps are all up to you.how effective your workouts are not number of reps or sets but how far u push yourself.

votum

votum

Awards
  • Established
Throw away mens fitness :) Unless you are trying to get a six pack and nothing else.

The bi workouts in those books are good, if you want to do them every few hours to keep your arms pumped.

I had a friend who followed a routine in one of those magazines to add 2" to his arms in a week. He did, because it was basically do a **** ton of curls every hour for 4 or 5 days, and basically gave him a big long lasting pump. After the weekend his arms were little again.

Compound lifts with a few curls are plenty for the bis. Focus on the tris imo.

Doss

Doss

Awards
  • Established
In addition to the comments above, I'd start hitting your back harder.

You won't be able to do heavy weighted chins, rows, or any of those variations without strong biceps. You should also remember that unless you're training with chemical assistance, it's difficult to built mass on your arms without adding anywhere from 10-15 lbs throughout your whole body.

Eat big, lift heavy, sit back and watch yourself grow.