Post Cancer Bulk Program help

AdmiralAckbar

Awards
Hey. I have been a “watcher” for a while and have seen you guys are very knowledge able. I was quite knowledgeable in the past but I have not lifted in sometime due to developing cancer. I was diagnosed with what they called prostate cancer (I had very little growth on the prostate but the cancer metalized most of my epidemics). I was treated with Zytiga and chemo. I have lost a lot of weight and my one testicle has atrophied to about the size of an unshelled peanut  (I did have a varicocele on that side 5 years ago).

I am not finished with my treatment yet, but hope to be sometime in the near future.

I was wondering what programs you guys recommend me to prefer after I finish this battle to gain weight back. I use to design my own workouts (mostly squats, deadlifts, bench, snatch, and clean variations) that I used when focusing on football. I had a hard time gaining weight and am not sure what to do this time to gain it back. I have lost about 40 pounds last time I was at the doctors  ( I do not weigh myself anymore because I get depressed at what numbers I read and what I see in the mirror when I look up).
I am sorry if this is a bit of a ramble but I am completely lost in what program to do. I am afraid I cannot make one with all this going on, and while on so much medicine I cannot think straight.

Again sorry for the rambling and thanks in advance for all the help

Cheers
Admiral Ackbar

hugry4more

hugry4more

Awards
  • Established
Man hang in there stay strong. I kno how it feels to not even weigh your self anymore Cuz u kno deep down its just going to be a depressing number. But the good news is we can help. I would recommend kinda getting a solid diet in play first. With the strain your body is going thru I would highly recommend you look into juicing and the gerson theory. If you have Netflix there's a movie all about it. Seriously please look into it.

Stick with whole foods, fruits veggies, beans, chicken, fish. You should start to feel more energetic once ur diets in place.

From there I would say not to worry bout body building at first. Focus on simple things that will both add muscle and condition you. Lunges, step ups, pull ups, push ups, sit ups, planks.

After couple weeks start introducing some simple free weight movements and machines. After while of that I'd say go for your bulk program. But something like this is a good start. I can help you lay out something more specific if u want. Just pm me. Best wishes!

benmayro

benmayro

Awards
  • Established
you can check out my log for my workout and ideas but i really just wanana shake your hand and say thanks for a little perspective on life, if you need anything we are all here for you!

AdmiralAckbar

Awards
Man hang in there stay strong. I kno how it feels to not even weigh your self anymore Cuz u kno deep down its just going to be a depressing number. But the good news is we can help. I would recommend kinda getting a solid diet in play first. With the strain your body is going thru I would highly recommend you look into juicing and the gerson theory. If you have Netflix there's a movie all about it. Seriously please look into it.

Stick with whole foods, fruits veggies, beans, chicken, fish. You should start to feel more energetic once ur diets in place.

From there I would say not to worry bout body building at first. Focus on simple things that will both add muscle and condition you. Lunges, step ups, pull ups, push ups, sit ups, planks.

After couple weeks start introducing some simple free weight movements and machines. After while of that I'd say go for your bulk program. But something like this is a good start. I can help you lay out something more specific if u want. Just pm me. Best wishes!
Thanks for the help! What do you mean by juicing? Do you mean liquid diet?
Cheers

AdmiralAckbar

Awards
you can check out my log for my workout and ideas but i really just wanana shak e your hand and say thanks for a little perspective on life, if you need anything we are all here for you!
Thanks Mate
Can you give me a link? I am not being able to find it in your previous posts from your profile :sad3:

hugry4more

hugry4more

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for the help! What do you mean by juicing? Do you mean liquid diet?
Cheers
Yea kinda I would incorporated juicing into a balanced whole foods diet. For example when juice twice a day or even blend up fruits and veggies.

AdmiralAckbar

Awards
Yea kinda I would incorporated juicing into a balanced whole foods diet. For example when juice twice a day or even blend up fruits and veggies.
Oh. Ok I will try that! I will work on planning that out. These treatments are killing me so I am sorry if I am slow to respond or come up with anything.

Cheers