My Training During PCT. Whats your opinion on it?

J

jclay

Awards
Alright so on cycle, i train with as much intensity and volume as i can. But during PCT i figure i should do strictly strength training, it seems to make sense to me because during PCT your CNS and hormones need to recover, and strength training is puts much less stress on your CNS and hormonal levels, thus speeding up recovery. Plus i think maintaining your strength from the cycle is far more important, because when your able to still lift as heavy (or heavier) your gains will be much better after your PCT when you start full volume and high intensity training again.

This is what i planned for my PCT training (Long rest periods)

Monday:
Bench 3x3
Squat 2x4
DB shoulder Press 3x5

Wednesday
Incline Bench 3x4
Squat 3x3
weighted pull ups 3x5

Friday
Bench 5x1
Squat 2x2
DB shoulder press 3x5
Barbell Rows 3x6

Weekend off

Obviously, the lower the reps, the heavier the weight, what's your opinion on it?

mattys4

mattys4

Awards
heavier weight puts more stress on your cns then volume. I would also change out one of the db shoulder press for military press, and change wed squat to deadlifts and squat again friday. Maybe limit your heavy sets to one or 2 per excersise. Why are you benching 3 days week? just curious if your seeing results from that

J

jclay

Awards
heavier weight puts more stress on your cns then volume. I would also change out one of the db shoulder press for military press, and change wed squat to deadlifts and squat again friday. Maybe limit your heavy sets to one or 2 per excersise. Why are you benching 3 days week? just curious if your seeing results from that
when i have ran programs similar to this in the past, i was benching 3 days a week, and yes, i saw results, my chest or shoulders never feel tired or sore the next day after i do it, so i figure 1 rest day is plenty

mattys4

mattys4

Awards
when i have ran programs similar to this in the past, i was benching 3 days a week, and yes, i saw results, my chest or shoulders never feel tired or sore the next day after i do it, so i figure 1 rest day is plenty
cool, was just wondering sometimes when i do chest im sore for days after. This is just happening recently after max effort benching. so if i do Me on monday on thursday doing close grip and plyos and stuff im still a lil sore

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
N Training Forum 3
Studdscruggs Post Cycle Therapy 10
P Anabolics 6
J Anabolics 3
S Anabolics 8