buckeye for bench

benmayro

benmayro

Awards
  • Established
I have been around here for a while and noticed that a majority of you huge specimens do a variety of workouts but a few like 5x5 and 5/3/1 seem to pop up more often. i do the buckeye for my bench, which i am completely stastified with since my bench is up 100lbs from 185 to 285. Does any else do or have done or even have an opionon on it... note this thread isnt about my gains but the program that facilitated them.

jaycuda

jaycuda

Awards
  • Established
I have been around here for a while and noticed that a majority of you huge specimens do a variety of workouts but a few like 5x5 and 5/3/1 seem to pop up more often. i do the buckeye for my bench, which i am completely stastified with since my bench is up 100lbs from 185 to 285. Does any else do or have done or even have an opionon on it... note this thread isnt about my gains but the program that facilitated them.
How long did it take you to go from 185 to 285 and how long were you working out before you switched programs?

benmayro

benmayro

Awards
  • Established
at january 2 my one rep max full blown wad 185, i have been lifting nonstop other than foottball since january of 2010.

ZiR RED

ZiR RED

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'm not familiar with the buckeye program. Do you have a link to it, I'd be able to provide some feedback

boogyman

Awards
I've seen that before, its just a wall of numbers to me, not a program. How often do you do it? What accessory movements? How often do you retest max to move up to the next set of weights?

benmayro

benmayro

Awards
  • Established
just reminding everyone that this isnt my proggram but a peice of it that i use to set the weights and reps for my benching exercise I dont need advice on accesory movements for it or recondmendation for something better. i do it twice a week and if i get it both times i move up. if i dont i attempt it again next week and with the situation i fail it again i do something different for two weeks

johnathan1995

johnathan1995

Awards
I don't really understand the buckeye program chart.can you explain?

benmayro

benmayro

Awards
  • Established
you go off your max lets say your mazx is 280 you will do xxx for 8 reps, zxx for 6 reps, zzx for 4 reps zzz for 3 yzz for 2 yyz for 1 and zzx for 4 again. I used letter cause i dont have a table with me but the weight goes up from 8-1 and than you repeat 4 again