Post BB comp strength loss

uvawahoowa

Awards
]So I competed a week ago Saturday and ever since my strength has been going down on compound lifts despite increasing calories. Only things I have dropped are stims, switched PWOs, and gone off fat burners(dex & LX). Any ideas? For the majority of prep my strength was pretty steady...

ZiR RED

ZiR RED

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Did you take a week off after your competition? Probably just a post-competition fatigue, give yourself a week off and some time to return to baseline without stims etc.
Br

uvawahoowa

Awards
Did you take a week off after your competition? Probably just a post-competition fatigue, give yourself a week off and some time to return to baseline without stims etc.
Br
No, went right back into my original workout routine...trying to keep fat gain to a minimum while reverse dieting. I will figure out a way to take a little time off I guess

ZiR RED

ZiR RED

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Yeah, just realize that dieting for a bodybuiliding competition, especially those last 3-6 weeks, is very taxing. I suppose you could compare it to being lost in the woods without food, etc. Need to provide yourself with some time to recover, as much physically as mentally/emotionally.

Are you planning on competing again soon, or do you just like the look and want to maintain a really low bf%?

Br