my "Lower"pecs are lacking in my opinion. any ideas what i need to do different?

Seabee1507

Awards
my "Lower"pecs are lacking in my opinion. any ideas what i need to do different?

okay, so as the title say my lower pecs are lacking in size. they have always been a problem area in my opinion. i am 6' and 220 lbs and around 17-18 % BF. im looking for some solid advice about some work outs that can target that area more so that not. here is my current typical chest day

flat db press (115-120 lb db's) 4-5 sets of 10-12 reps
incline db press (225 lbs) 4-5 sets of 10-12 reps
decline bb press (275-315 lbs) 4-5 sets 10-12 reps
flat db press (275 lbs) 4-5 sets of 10-12 reps
standing cable flys with squeeze 4-5 sets of 12-15 reps
iso push ups 4 sets of 25 reps

.....here lately ive added in some dips because a fellow at the gym mentioned that helped his lower pecs.

my chest is probably my favorite body part to work out but im real weird about it because i feel like it is way under defined and it almost looks like my pecs are in the shape of a cone (developed upper and outer and no lower definition) i know this has to do with a higher than wanted bf % but im sure there are workouts that will help with this too.

any ideas???

mattys4

mattys4

Awards
In my opinion you wont know really if they are lacking until you are at 12% bf or under. Just my .02

Seabee1507

Awards
In my opinion you wont know really if they are lacking until you are at 12% bf or under. Just my .02
for the most part i get that. however, i have seen a lot of guys with equal or pretty close to my bf% with defined lower chest. it wasnt cut up by any means. but there was an established difference between chest and torso stomach.

ThunderHumper

Banned
Awards
Just blame genetics bud. Your lifts are definitely respectably high so you should have some size when you get cut up. We can only make our muscles grow, we can't control how they grow

Seabee1507

Awards
Just blame genetics bud. Your lifts are definitely respectably high so you should have some size when you get cut up. We can only make our muscles grow, we can't control how they grow
i already have a pretty bulky chest. its just that particular part of it i think is lacking.

anyway, bf% and genetics aside. any lifts that are known to improve that particular part of the chest??

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Definitely dips make sure u get a nice forward lean..

High to low cable crossovers (standing upright)

Perhaps pullovers as well

I would have ti agree as well with the bf%
For most of my youth I was overweight.. Some muscle but lots of bf.. My chest was always a sore subject bc of it's cone/bitch tit appearance.. The best training I ever did to help shape and define my chest as a whole was:

8-15 reps per exercise, 4 sets each
Monday- flat db press, Inc db fly, dips
Thursday- inc db press, flat fly, hi to low crosses

IMHO- it was a perfect balance of getting my bf to a reasonable level. And then finding the movements that fit my body best!

Hope this helps..

bobbymac

bobbymac

Awards
I agree. Bodyfat plays a huge part in showing any type of development.

Definitely dips make sure u get a nice forward lean...
Dips, decline press, and cable crossovers set at the lowest elevation.