cramps

ballerj63

ballerj63

Awards
I get these killer abdominal cramps when doing crunches after my weight training session. My upper abdominals tighten up so much that I'm in excruciating pain for 20-30 seconds until it relaxes again. This has happened twice so far these past two weeks.

Could it be that my electrolytes are out of whack? Anything to remedy this before I hit the weight?

Celorza

Celorza

Awards
Could be many factors, mainly abdominal cramps relate to lack of stretching and flexibility, or worse case scenario some GI issues. My guess is that it is lack of stretching AND hydration both...But please answer something, do you take Creatine? Of any form...? If so: How much a day?

ballerj63

ballerj63

Awards
Could be many factors, mainly abdominal cramps relate to lack of stretching and flexibility, or worse case scenario some GI issues. My guess is that it is lack of stretching AND hydration both...But please answer something, do you take Creatine? Of any form...? If so: How much a day?
Yeah I just started taking creatine again after my cycle. I take it pre and post for a total of 10 gm. Fluid intake should definitely be more.

Celorza

Celorza

Awards
That is the thing, that is TOO much creatine , it does not matter when you take it anyway. Thing is, at 200lbs you are looking at benefiting from it at 5-6g , excess will only cause cramps. Throw that in with possible lack of flexibility and stretching for abdominal contractions and well, there's the source of thy cramps buddy.

roblasane

roblasane

Awards
I was having cramping issues until I started drinking coconut water. It really made a difference .