Arms Shake When Lifting.

KoreanMMA

Awards
I haven't lifted for a year and a half but started back about a month and a half ago lifting again. My strength has dropped alot but everytime i bench with dumbbells my arm shakes, last week it was my left arm, and this week its my right arm. These are with weights that i can push up fairly easily but my arm shakes and makes it harder to stabilize the weights. One of the guys i worked out with told me he thinks theres something up with my stabilizer muscles. Anyone have any idea? Anything i can do to fix this? Its been happening since i've started working out again, month and a half.

Side note:
I'm in a calorie deficit right now trying to lose weight, 1500-2000 calories a day.

Doss

Doss

Awards
  • Established
If you're not getting hurt, I'd say keep after it and the stabilization should come. Maybe do a week of higher volume work to get all your connective tissues back in shape and see if that helps. Also, make sure you're giving your upper back the attention it needs and do some narrow grip benching to beef up your triceps a little bit. A thicker back and stronger triceps should make you more stable when you're pushing.

Torobestia

Torobestia

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Try griping the bar harder. Imagine trying to actually deform the handle of the dumbbell with your hands because you're squeezing so hard. Also make sure to brace your core by taking a deep breath into your stomach (not into your lungs) before you begin your first rep. Let a little air out when you press each rep at the top and then breathe back a little air before performing the next rep.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Cycle Logs 20
Anabolics 19
NYCFITOVER40 PES 0
Anabolics 1
Davy25 Anabolics 3