1. Banned
    Stats
    5'10"  163 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    63.46%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Drop sets for mass

A little background. Been lifting for 7 years, serious for 5, bodybuilding emphasis for 1. I used to lift solely to improve athletic performance so I had done starting strength, 5/3/1, and ultimately ended up using WS4SB which was great.

Now after all of that I am left with an obvious lagging body part. (Everyone has one right?) For me it's my chest. I am already doing bench, incline, decline, and weighted dips. I changed my form in BP to put more emphasis on the chest and I'm feeling it but even after my flyes at the end of my workout I find that I always feel like I could have done more.

Would there be any merit to adding a dropset of BP at the end of the workout to really smoke the pecs?

2. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'8"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    49.58%

i do a dropset at the end of my chest day and i have noticed increased strength due to it! for mass i didnt notice any leaps and bounds but for strength yes
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/training-forum/198788-highschool-athlete-thread.html
  3. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'2"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    97.98%

Quote Originally Posted by Jim2542 View Post
    A little background. Been lifting for 7 years, serious for 5, bodybuilding emphasis for 1. I used to lift solely to improve athletic performance so I had done starting strength, 5/3/1, and ultimately ended up using WS4SB which was great.

Now after all of that I am left with an obvious lagging body part. (Everyone has one right?) For me it's my chest. I am already doing bench, incline, decline, and weighted dips. I changed my form in BP to put more emphasis on the chest and I'm feeling it but even after my flyes at the end of my workout I find that I always feel like I could have done more.

Would there be any merit to adding a dropset of BP at the end of the workout to really smoke the pecs?
    Drop sets are great. I will do one series during my chest workout at varying places, not necessarily at the end. Think about FST-7 Training and/or adding volume.
    •   

4. Banned
    Stats
    5'10"  163 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    63.46%

Quote Originally Posted by uvawahoowa

Drop sets are great. I will do one series during my chest workout at varying places, not necessarily at the end. Think about FST-7 Training and/or adding volume.
    I do fairly high volume. Not as much as when I did the PHAT training but I'm not sure if the added volume is leading to a drop in intensity. Anyone ever have any problems with that?

Similar Forum Threads

1. Drop sets
    By Pipes in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 11-20-2010, 09:47 AM
  2. drop sets/super sets
    By R1balla in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 04-10-2010, 06:46 PM
  3. drop sets for arms....
    By rccratch in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 3