Drop sets for mass

Jim2542

Jim2542

Banned
Awards
A little background. Been lifting for 7 years, serious for 5, bodybuilding emphasis for 1. I used to lift solely to improve athletic performance so I had done starting strength, 5/3/1, and ultimately ended up using WS4SB which was great.

Now after all of that I am left with an obvious lagging body part. (Everyone has one right?) For me it's my chest. I am already doing bench, incline, decline, and weighted dips. I changed my form in BP to put more emphasis on the chest and I'm feeling it but even after my flyes at the end of my workout I find that I always feel like I could have done more.

Would there be any merit to adding a dropset of BP at the end of the workout to really smoke the pecs?

benmayro

benmayro

Awards
  • Established
i do a dropset at the end of my chest day and i have noticed increased strength due to it! for mass i didnt notice any leaps and bounds but for strength yes

uvawahoowa

Awards
A little background. Been lifting for 7 years, serious for 5, bodybuilding emphasis for 1. I used to lift solely to improve athletic performance so I had done starting strength, 5/3/1, and ultimately ended up using WS4SB which was great.

Now after all of that I am left with an obvious lagging body part. (Everyone has one right?) For me it's my chest. I am already doing bench, incline, decline, and weighted dips. I changed my form in BP to put more emphasis on the chest and I'm feeling it but even after my flyes at the end of my workout I find that I always feel like I could have done more.

Would there be any merit to adding a dropset of BP at the end of the workout to really smoke the pecs?
Drop sets are great. I will do one series during my chest workout at varying places, not necessarily at the end. Think about FST-7 Training and/or adding volume.

Jim2542

Jim2542

Banned
Awards
Drop sets are great. I will do one series during my chest workout at varying places, not necessarily at the end. Think about FST-7 Training and/or adding volume.
I do fairly high volume. Not as much as when I did the PHAT training but I'm not sure if the added volume is leading to a drop in intensity. Anyone ever have any problems with that?