What's happening to my strength?

Kidcudi

Awards
its saturday. On monday I benched 205 6 times. On thursday I did 185 6 times incline. Then when my firend asked me to do 185 yesterday flat I could only do it 7 times? I didnt warm up or anything but should it really make that big of a difference? Why am I suddenly so weak?

howwedo107

howwedo107

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
What was your diet,sleep, and time of workout like prior on both days?

Kidcudi

Awards
What was your diet,sleep, and time of workout like prior on both days?
Diet was the same. When I could only do 185 7 times it was really late at night on the other days it was in the middle of the day.

Doss

Doss

Awards
  • Established
How long have you been working out?

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
You strength is down because your body stop producing testosterone because you've messed up your cycle and started a second cycle right after pct. It has nothing to do with how long you've been training. That would have no bearing on your strength going down. It may have been from lack of sleep or not eating enough but most likely it is from you screwing up your body with one cycle after the other and not enough recovery time. Also sometimes people have bad days in the gym, its a fact of life. There is no need to over-analyze it. Good days and bad days. I'd suggest getting on a good PCT and taking 1-2 weeks off from the gym.

iliketosquat

Awards
you went right to your heavy working set without warming up? wonderful idea

krakken

krakken

Awards
Your benching 3x a week that's why. Also, the fact you didn't warm up. wtf? I work my way up from just the bar to 135 to 185 to 205. Then maybe one more warm up set around the 225 range. Then I'm good to go for my working sets which are around the 270-285 range depending on my workout. Warm-up.

Paulhal

Paulhal

Awards
Could've just been an off day, we all get them. Just make sure that you get adequate nutrition as well as rest, the training is the easy part!

ZiR RED

ZiR RED

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
its saturday. On monday I benched 205 6 times. On thursday I did 185 6 times incline. Then when my firend asked me to do 185 yesterday flat I could only do it 7 times? I didnt warm up or anything but should it really make that big of a difference? Why am I suddenly so weak?
Smart. So late at night, probably driven by some ego challenge, you decide to randomly do some heavy benching.

GeovanniG

GeovanniG

Awards
Your benching 3x a week that's why. Also, the fact you didn't warm up. wtf? I work my way up from just the bar to 135 to 185 to 205. Then maybe one more warm up set around the 225 range. Then I'm good to go for my working sets which are around the 270-285 range depending on my workout. Warm-up.
I agree.

NYiron

NYiron

Awards
  • Established
^ this

votum

votum

Awards
  • Established
Nothing, 20lbs difference is easily due to lack of warmup ro time of day.